It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Minecraft - Kings Landing (Game Of Thrones)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:47 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

100 builders, 4 months later = roughly 3000 unique houses all with fully decorated interior. That's pretty damn impressive.

OP

Full album here.

Post subject: Re: Minecraft - Kings Landing (Game Of Thrones)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

WOW!!!!! That is damn impressive.

Post subject: Re: Minecraft - Kings Landing (Game Of Thrones)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I saw that on Reddit yesterday. It's pretty epic. Sadly, I bet it was done in Creative. The huge builds that get made in Survival Multiplayer Maps always impress me a lot. Because not only are they making epic builds, but they're also needing to toil in the ol' mines in order to get all the resources to make it.

The group who is making this said that they have almost all of the island of Westeros completed already. I wonder how awesome "the wall" looks like, or the Iron islands.

For any of you who have Minecraft, but haven't played it lately, I really suggest you take a look at the mod pack "Feed The Beast". This is a mod-pack which actually gets permission from the owners of the mods it includes in the pack, so it has tons of support and adds a shitload of features.

Kitty and I have been playing on our own private server using it lately, and some of the stuff that it adds are...

* Industrial Craft: A series of new machines you can make. Electric Furnaces for smelting, Macerators to turn Ore into 2 dust which can be smelted into 2 ingots. New ores like copper, tin, uranium. Water Mills, Wind mills, generators, solar panels, all for powering your machines. Electric Jet packs, Electric tools (Drills, Chainsaw, Hoe), New armor you can recharge with electricity when it's low on durability. Oh yah, and you can make nuclear power plants (and weapons). Dangerous

* Buildcraft: Other machines. Quarries for automating some mining, Pumps to move lava/water/liquid around. The world now spawns Oil as a new liquid, which can be converted into fuel to power engines. Pipes for moving items and liquids around between Industrial Craft and Buildcraft machines. Sorting pipes for automatically sorting items you put in a chest.

* RedPower2: Adds a shit load of stuff. New terrain generation. Worlds now spawn with Volcanoes, which provide Basalt rocks, which can be crafted into dark cobblestone-like brick subsets. Marble spawns underground which can be crafted into lighter blocks. Microblocks! You can make a saw, which you can cut blocks into smaller shapes. Ever wanted to do more fine-detail with your blocks? Well, you can now make blocks that are 1/8th as small as the default blocks, and any combination. Oh yah, with RP2, you can build frames to make moving objects, like Airships. Also adds a ton of Redstone circuits, like AND OR NOT gates, Timers, etc.

* Trains: Full on steam-powered, diesel-powered trains. Various types and appearances. interlocking train cars, and soon will have train track switches, signals and the whole shebang.

Extra Biomes: Red Mesa stone, Glaciers, Scrublands, Redwood forests, about 30 other new biomes to play around with.

Portal Guns. Yup. There's a mod that adds Portal Guns to the game. Shoot two portals, walk in one, come out the other one.

Foresty: You can build automated farms. Set up wheat farms, tree farms. Not terribly excited, but very useful.

Twilight Forest: A new world you can build a portal to visit, like the Nether. It's rather magical. There's spooky castles guarded by Lich Kings, Huge Nagas to kill to get scales to make new equipment, Fiercely guarded caves full of rare ores, and all sorts of new creatures. to fight.
    Bees: Yah, you can hunt for bees, breed them, and use them to get useful items. Need some more Uranium for your nuclear power plant? Well, you bet your ass you can some how breed irradiated bees to produce uranium for you. Haven't played around with this one much, but it looks super cool.

Anyway... You can do some pretty cool crap with this modpack. If you like building stuff at all, I definitely encourage you to take a look. It doesn't have all the combat bells and whistles that terraria has (Unless you add extra monster packs in, like for Ogres, werewolves and such.)

But you can at least take down giant Nagas, minotaurs, and Lich Kings now

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion