It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Re: Xbox One
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:20 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I dunno seems~ 8 years and 500 bucks too late for a new KI game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:30 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Quote:
I dunno seems~ 8 years and 500 bucks too late for a new KI game.

I know I won't get an Xbox One honestly I am tired of Microsoft at least as a game company but still Killer Instinct was my childhood :neutral:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I pleased to hear about a new KI game, because obviously I have some nostalgia for it, but the video of it did not excite me in anyway. Couple that with it being on the Xbox One means I'll probably never play it outside of a demo in a gamestore (assuming those don't go out of business).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Yeah it sucks that it's on the Xbox One only I would only ever watch someone else play it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:55 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I would kill for the killer instinct arcade roms. I miss that game so much.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:08 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Anybody who buys Xbox one

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:37 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Can't be arsed to link or quote the entire thing right now, but Microsoft have just announced a complete 180 on their sharing policy.

Why? Well pre-order numbers and online satisfaction polls were showing 90% in favour of the PS4. There was no way they weren't going to do something. The online check-in is gone, the online requirement is gone (BUT WHAT ABOUT THE POWER OF THE CLOUD?!!), games now require the disc in the tray, and you can trade those games exactly as they work on the 360 today.

But a complete 100% backpedal is kind of humorous, especially after all the arrogance from Microsoft over the issue. I wonder where that puts everyone now. The One is still $100 more.

Btw this means almost all of the announced "features" are gone too. No sharing your library with 10 people or accessing any of your games from any xbox, etc.

Quote:
So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:07 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

they are also renaming the system the "Xbox 180"

jk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:35 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I've never been interested in Xbox, and this doesn't change that. Kitty won't be partaking, either, it sounds like, and he does have both an Xbox and a 360.

I'll still be getting a PS4, but definitely not at launch. I'm still way more of a PC and handheld player now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:46 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

This helps, but still doesn't fix the price. I'm not going to be able to afford it at release, and I may not buy another console for years. I don't console game (or game much at all) anymore to really justify spending $400 + game cost at this point. I might just go buy another PS2 and play old games forever.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:46 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Im getting a ps4 at launch. I still have no intrest in the WiiU. I'll get one eventually, but not for a while. I went into this gen loving nintendo, but in the end sony won me over.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:03 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yarr wrote:
Im getting a ps4 at launch. I still have no intrest in the WiiU. I'll get one eventually, but not for a while. I went into this gen loving nintendo, but in the end sony won me over.

+ 1 to all of that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

I just really really really really wish the new Killer Instinct wasn't XBone exclusive, that game is going to make me buy that stupid console.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:31 am 
Even Match
Even Match

I can't be bothered to play my WiiU.... have the new MH and super mario, but never turn it on. I pre-ordered PS4 and Xbox One, but I'll probably lean towards the PS4 for most games.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:22 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The only Wii U game that I will HAVE TO PLAY is the new zelda. Not the wind waker remake, but the new one that is supposed to come out in 2014. There is no way i'll be able to resist that game. It sucks i'll probably buy the console just for that game lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:44 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Kluya wrote:
There is no way i'll be able to resist that game. It sucks i'll probably buy the console just for that game lol.

\:D/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:06 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Ridere and I got a WiiU during E3. we also bought the new mario bros game. its very cool side scroller, we played it at best buy and we where hooked. I will probably pick up the luigi DLC for it too. I Wish they would remake starfox 64. I dont like windwaker so ill skip that game lol. Sadly theres nothing out there currently that I would buy. Wish list wise: Harvest moon like game and JRPG of some sort. got those on my 3DS but i want 1080p versions :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:10 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

tehkei wrote:
I Wish they would remake starfox 64.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:17 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Man... Starfox 64. I think that was one of the few games I ever like completely beat. Not like beat storymode, but Medal'd all the missions, so I could unlock all of the multiplayer battlemode stuff.

I particularly remember spending many hours on early Sat/Sun mornings on that one mission where you had to protect the main carrier ship from the six missiles, or whatever.

Those were the days.

But yah. The WiiU definitely has the potential to be a great party game platform. And we were hooked after playing the Mario game at Best Buy. We'll pick up the Zelda game that Kluya mentioned, yah. But definitely needs some JRPGs up on that. Harvest moon would also be great, especially if we could have some sort of two-player (or more) aspect, involving the the fancy controller.

That or allow multiplayer via internet options, sort of like the 3DS A new beginning game. That game rocks, btw. haha.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:47 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

If a really sweet ass limited edition Windwaker version of the WiiU... I'd probably crack for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:31 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

They are doing an HD remake of Windwaker that I've already pre-ordered...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkVt1s_ZFbw

There's probably not much difference between that and using dolphin, but I don't care.. still getting it.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion