It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: 3DS Friend Code
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:22 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

So I caved and got a 3DS. Ridere also got one, but now we need friends. Anybody else got one?
Here is my friend code

0662-3317-2541

Ridere's

1306-5768-2035

8)

Post subject: Re: 3DS Friend Code
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:42 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

You make it sound like this isn't something you should have done sooner.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:47 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Dmitry wrote:
You make it sound like this isn't something you should have done sooner.

the main reason I got it was because of the summer lineup, mainly animal crossing new leaf and the legend of zelda 3d. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:29 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kitty and I are going to spend a few weeks in Japan next year, too. Figured we'd be needing one of these for that trip, so we just jumped in and got one. And yah, the games coming out look way better than the starting lineup.

I've been farting around with Fire emblem. Freaky kids with no feet =/

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:50 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

FIRE EMBLEM!

Enjoying this game lots more than I thought I would, but for entirely different reasons than Kio. I actually enjoy Advance Wars-esque gameplay, but she just wants to play dating sim :P. Game lasts a lot longer on hard mode. 40 hours in so far, probably only half way still. In hard mode the game gets kind of rough 5-6 chapters in, but it eases out again around chapter 11+. War funds are really tight in hard mode too, monsters don't really drop much money at all.

I not long ago got Morgan, and she has freaking insane stats. Her stats are almost 50%+ higher than both Chrom and my own, jeez. She also inherited a massive evade/luck stat from her mother and rarely even gets hit, so I almost don't know why I bother bringing anybody else anymore.

Once I get her Galeforce (get two turns if the first turn kills an enemy) I probably won't need to.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:33 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Yay Fire Emblem!

Who are your waifus?

My friend code is 2535-4661-2375 if anyone wants to get spammed by swapnote.

PS: Get Virtue's Last Reward.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:38 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

YAY friends!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:59 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I haven't played too much of it. I think I'm like 3 or 4 battles in. I haven't unlocked much of anything, and I certainly don't know anything about dating sims. Though I guess I do see hearts pop up when I put people next to each other.

I haven't gotten to the point where I can view stores and stuff, though. My healer's staff charges are almost halfway gone already. haha.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:23 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Basically:

People who fight together in-game get cutscenes showing them getting closer as friends. This increases their support rank. Characters who have a higher "support rank" help each other out in fights more. This means your characters will get free attacks if they're standing near each other (or on the same tile) and automatically block each other's attacks (taking no damage). Higher support rank not only makes this more common, but also increases the stat boost you get by having people paired up during a fight.

If they're opposite genders, they can get "S" rank support. This gives you a dual attack/defend rate of about 80%. S rank is treated the same as being married (you get an engagement cutscene), so each person can only have a single S rank they're attached to. You can get A rank support (which is around 50% rate) with basically everybody else that they're able to be friends with, but only one S rank with an opposite gender.

You can manipulate this by pairing up particular people together in fights. If you force two people to fight together non-stop for a few chapters you can get them to S rank pretty quickly. Remember, if you S rank, they become married automatically and you don't get much of a say in it. You can prevent that by never selecting to watch the S rank cutscene.

Characters who get S rank and get married will have children. Later in the game you can recruit these children to your group. Their stats and available classes are always a combination of their parents, and max out higher. So depending who you pair together, either naturally or on purpose, can determine what kind of stats your later characters have.

This entire thing is optional though, except for one thing you might want to be aware of: (Spoilered, but only minor.)

Spoiler: show
For story reasons, Chrom will automatically marry whoever he has the highest support rank with (that isn't dead or already married off to somebody else) at the end of Chapter 11. If there's someone in particular you want to pair him up with, make sure you plan it before then.

So yeah, Kio just likes playing dating sim:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:43 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Good to know. thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:13 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Kioko wrote:
Yay Fire Emblem!

Who are your waifus?

My friend code is 2535-4661-2375 if anyone wants to get spammed by swapnote.

PS: Get Virtue's Last Reward.

woah didnt know you could draw so well :shock: :bow:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:33 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I have a 3ds and Fire Emblem. I beat FE:A once on Hard and then pretty much stopped without doing any of the post game stuff but I figure I'll get back to it eventually. Either on Stupidly hard mode or doing post game content.

I won't lie though I totally play on casual mode

my FC is 4184 - 1880 -9946

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:53 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

tehkei wrote:

Heeehee Glad you liked it. Its really, really hard to draw on the DS. I'm not sure how Art Academy is even supposed to work.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:27 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Kioko wrote:
tehkei wrote:

Heeehee Glad you liked it. Its really, really hard to draw on the DS. I'm not sure how Art Academy is even supposed to work.

Are you gonna get animal crossing: new leaf? I already have it on pre-order. been reading about it lately and i think its going to be fun :) \:D/

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:01 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I wasn't planning on playing, I always found the animal crossing characters to be creepy looking. But after finishing Fire Emblem I'm hella bored haha. I like games where you just go around collecting furniture and the like so maybe I'll give AC another chance...

I played the heck out of Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. That's also a good game if you're into that sort of thing. It really streamlined the HM controls and gameplay and focuses more heavily on simply collecting everything as opposed to merely trying to obtain the most funds. It was actually the first HM game I've played in a very long time, and it hooked me. I tried to go back and play some of the older titles but ANB did such a great job streamlining the controls, I found it impossible to revert back. I preordered the Rune Factory 4 but it doesn't come out until July. :(

Is the new Animal Crossing game still real time based? I hated that about the original.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:29 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I really liked the harvest moon game for the Game Cube. I'll probably be getting one for the 3ds, but I'm not sure which would be the best to get. I think there are two out now, but maybe one is just an older port, or something. I'm not sure.

Added Vurin :)

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

There are two HM games for the 3ds. A Tale of Two Towns is just a port of the DS version which came out at the same time, but it's a really terrible port. It constantly crashes due to memory issues and players loose their progress. The game play isn't that great either. You have to choose to be an animal rancher or a farmer, but cannot be both. Which occupation you settle on also determines which town you will get to reside within.
If you decide upon becoming a farmer, you don't even get your own farm! you have to plant your various crops in small garden plots scattered throughout the town. You are also expected to traverse constantly the great distance between the two cities. I know that HM games are supposed to be performing fantasy chores but it was a bit much for me.

A New Beginning focuses more on customization and building up the town itself. You basically build all the houses and points of interest and place them where ever on the map you wish. If you want a Japanese style city you can have it, if you want something that looks medieval, you can do that too. You also get full customization of your character and can change the look of the interior of your house. The exterior of houses will always be the same. Because the game centers mostly on building and arranging of things, collecting any random bit or doo-dad you come across becomes highly important. It's been dubbed the game for hoarders.
But like I said before, ANB has really filed down the control system to a T, which makes doing your daily activities fun and easy to accomplish. Farming takes a big backseat to mere collecting of mostly found items though.

And if you're willing to hold out Rune Factory 4 will be coming out in July. The farming system is reverted back to how it is in the classic games (whhhhhyyyyy??!!) which confuses me after ANB perfected farming. But RF was never really about farming to begin with. This reiteration supposedly puts heavier focus on the relationships you build with the townsfolk and your family. And pajamas. It's all about the pajamas.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:13 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Kioko wrote:
Is the new Animal Crossing game still real time based? I hated that about the original.

yes, but you have the ability to change the time the town works. like early birds meaning the stores open early or night-owls meaning they are opened late. also events are RT calender based.

I didnt know about having to build others houses, I thought it was just your own house that you got to pick where you live. you are the major of the town and do get to work on city projects and ordinances in the game. still its all about collection stuff.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:17 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Interesting. Thanks, Kio. Kitty ordered me a copy of Animal Crossing for my b-day, but I'm definitely going to have to take a look at that new Harvest Moon game, too. There sure are a lot of interesting games out for the 3ds now.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:59 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

:) When's your b-day Rid?

Also, I want one of these now.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:18 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

June 6th :)

And I'm not sure if I'm going to click on that link, based off of the URL, since I'm at work. haha

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I sent her that link. I regret it already.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I got the Harvest Moon: A New Beginning last night, Kio. Was collecting bugs like a mo-fo.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:09 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

haha awesome. i wonder whom youll marry ^^ oh btw, to skill up cooking you have to do individual meals. if you tell it to make 3 of something it only counts once towarss your skill up.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:14 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah. I only got a day into it, so I planted all the seeds I got at the start, then I spent a day collecting/selling more bugs. Is fertilizer worth it? I don't have a ton of money, so I'm worried about spending 100g on fertilizer.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion