It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Diablo III Removing Auction House!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:05 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

This is hands down the reason Diablo III only got about 20 hours of game play. I hated that the only way I could gear up was if I paid real money or in game gold.

This gets me really excited for the expansion.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

Quote:
When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.
We feel that this move along with the Loot 2.0 system being developed concurrently with Reaper of Souls™ will result in a much more rewarding game experience for our players.
We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process.
Josh Mosqueira and I wanted to provide everyone with a little more information behind this decision, so please have a look at the video, and stay tuned to this site for further updates in the months ahead.

Post subject: Re: Diablo III Removing Auction House!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:31 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Wow... That's pretty big news. And props to them for admitting that it was a mistake. I won't say that the AH was the only reason why I got bored with the game, but I will say that it certainly didn't help matters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:02 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i'll give it another chance sometime, based solely on this news. that was the reason i didn't enjoy it before.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

My friend bought the PS3 version and he says he gets lots of legendary items easy. Pretty excited for this change I might give it another go.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:50 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The change may be good, but FF14 is here, so I can't really say I'll give it much of a chance. haha. I tend to just play one game at a time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:54 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

The change wont happen until March 2014. I figure by then my addiction to ffxiv will have died down enough that I'll want to check this out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:25 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Corwin wrote:
The change wont happen until March 2014. I figure by then my addiction to ffxiv will have died down enough that I'll want to check this out.

I totally agree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:50 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

This is a big step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:24 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I guess we've got a few months to game the system and make enough money to be completely geared up

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:05 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I've been playing Diablo III the last few days. The loot system is MUCH better now.

1. You gear up through discovery not through AH
2. The gear you find is ~80% of the time tailored to your class with stats you want
3. The uniques are much much more potent now
4. Monsters are around your level no matter where you want to fight, even if it's act 1 normal difficulty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:25 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

I guess I could install this again and give it a try :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:45 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I've also been playing this a lot. The game is a million times better now. Loot is a lot closer to D2 style, it's a lot of fun.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871200/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:41 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I played a bit since the loot 2.0. Imo its still diablo so if you don't like diablo well you can still skip it. I think they finally have the slidable difficulties for 1-60 to a good place and the content scaling with level seems mostly fine. The upper torments are still unbalanced as hell, but the normal through tormen 3 or are pretty well balanced and make it reasonably easy to progress organically.

As for how RoS will affect this I'd wager poorly =P or if nothing else I hear RoS jumps the difficultly up dramatically@ 70 to sort of "reset gear" I.e. your 60 legendaries stat wise are mostly insufficient for the challenges of lvl 70 and you can expect to have to drop down several difficultly levels.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:49 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I may have to revisit this game. I was pretty underwhelmed by the original version. I really enjoyed 1 and 2. Creating games, running some dungeon area and hoping for some good drops. It sounds like it's turned around some.

Would still probably be more fun running with friends, though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:44 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

AFAIk ( and I'm no expert) RoS and loot 2.0 are designed to allow you to steadily progress your character without obscene RNG, or at least the RNG required to get an upgraded only increases as your requirements of better gear icnreases.

This is done a few ways 1) more of the gear that drops is tailored for your class. I.e. it has appropriate base stats.
2) almost all items have some "good" stats like str, crit, crit dmg, area dmg etc and they are separate from the less desirable stats like gold pickup radius and life orb heal amount. obviously some are better than others but every item with have some main dmg/survivability stats and some utility secondary ones
3) Guaranteed legendaries, by and large Magic Find is gone. You still find random legendaries from time to time, but by and large in loot 2.0 you'll have a legendary "guaranteed" to drop ~2hrs and every time you kill diablo after resetting quests ( essentially starting the game over from "scratch" storyline wise.
4) in RoS I believe they add several systems where you can "purchase" legendaries using tokens from completing adventure mode bounties and such. A la Philo Tomes or what have you. I'm not sure if these legendaries have random stats or w/e but basically play long enough and you can get legendaries of moderate quality for a specific slot or what have you to fill in your missing/weakest pieces.

Least thats my understanding of things

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:48 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Hmm, okay.

Guaranteeing yourself a legendary after ~2 hours of playing is an interesting take on things. hah.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:11 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I'm not 100% on how the system works but i think its something like as time passes without getting a legendary the chance to get a legendary increases, such that you basically have a near 100% chance to get a legendary every 2 hours or so assuming you're actively killing elites/opening chests etc.
I'm definitely not 100% sure on this and I can't find any blizzard post explaining it but by and large my 2.0 experience is i get a legendary roughly every 90-120 min, with rare exceptions like 2 legendaries basically in a row

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

If you guys get on, add me: Zuldane#1167, and I'll invite you to the clan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:51 am 
Tough!
Tough!

Feel free to add me too Kasdaye#2727

Note my characters are on EU servers but I'm going to start up a char on the US servers to hopefully be able to join you all once in a while :)

PS. I dont agree on the legendary thing, I've been getting 2-3 every hour i play, can't see any pattern.... however most are weapons and also I am playing on Torment 2 mode which I believe increases the drop rates...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:09 am 

I've been playing it when I have nothing else to do. It is more fun than it was, but I'm sad that legendaries are account bound. There's no need to ever interact with other players now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Corwin if you're playing with your friends you can trade legendaries with people who were in the game at the time it dropped.

This is good for situations where you outgear your buddies and such, but since like 75% of drops are basically class specific it doesn't help much if you play different classes.

tldr I agree, but there are *some* exceptions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:39 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Trade them before looking at them Vurin, seems like then you have a higher chance it will be good stats for you, if the person that wins it looks then higher chance it will be good for them :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:20 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Well Regnar I'm a nice guy (debatable) but I'd still prefer an upgrade chance for myself before one for my friend =P
I.e. i lose nothing besides a few k or crafting materials giving him a legendary i don't want, but letting him ID could cost me a potential upgrade (assuming it works the way you say)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:40 am 
Tough!
Tough!

I'm not going to argue with that :) only reason I believe this is cause I have been playing with my brother and he often gives me stuff to 'check' for him that he might want to give to his followers and so far 90% gets the stats i want...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:41 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

the item stats aren't determined by the class of the person who identifies it. only by the class of the person who finds it. i know some websites have purported rumors to the contrary, but people in the game know the way it works. also, i've tested it myself, finding a legendary on one class and identifying it on another. item level and stats are certainly predetermined at the time the item drops.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion