It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Amazon Order
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:55 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Fuck. You. All.

All the background information you need on this is buried below if you actually read the transcript.

Quote:
Hello Mr ____,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your order # ***-*******-******* - it should be with you by now. We have received an update from Amazon Logistics that your parcel is missing from their depot. I apologise for the trouble this has caused you.

Normally, in this situation, I'd create a replacement for the lost order right away, to be sent as soon as possible at no additional cost.

Unfortunately, at the moment, "Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4)" is unavailable from our suppliers and we can't send a replacement. Although the item might be available on our website from third party sellers, we can't source items from them. However, we'll be happy to issue a full refund for the order.

You can find this item from third party sellers by visiting the following link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D781S9E

Because we can't replace your Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4), I've requested a refund to your payment card in the amount of GBP 429.99. Refunds usually go through within 2 to 3 business days and you will see this amount credited on your next statement. Please note, this does not include processing time by your bank.

On the date the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details. You can see completed refunds if you visit Your Account after receiving this confirmation e-mail. Under "Orders" click the "Your Orders" button, and sign in with your e-mail address and password. On the left side of the order you choose, select "View Order Details". Completed returns and refunds will appear at the bottom of the individual order's summary page.

If the original package arrives afterwards, you can refuse delivery of the parcel so it's returned to us by the carrier. If you've already taken delivery of the item, please visit our online return support centre to read our returns policy and obtain a printable personalised return label:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/returns-support

Alternatively, if the package arrives afterwards and you wish to keep it, let us know and we'll be happy to recharge your payment card. If you do need to contact us, here's a link to our e-mail form:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact ... tions.html

Again, please accept my apologies for all the trouble this matter has caused you.

I hope that this experience would not discourage you from visiting our website again and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove our quality of service to you.

I hope I have been helpful in this occasion. We value your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards,
Mayven D.

Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Me: My order has been cancelled/refunded without me asking to do so. I don't want a refund, I want my item.

Gladwin: Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk. My name is Gladwin. May I have your name, please?

Me: Hi there, my name is ____ ____

Gladwin: Hi ____.

Me: I've been contacting customer service all weekend about my order to find out where it is, and I suddenly got a message this morning telling me it's been cancelled

Gladwin: I can certainly understand your concern regarding the order that was cancelled.
Could you please confirm the order number?

Me: Order number is ***-*******-*******
I'm afraid I'm more than concerned, a refund in this particular case is unacceptable
I've had a pre-order in on this item since June 11th, the date the price was announced 5 months ago
in order to actually secure one for launch

Gladwin: I'm checking this for you, please give me 2-3 minutes.
I’m still working on this. Please give me another 2 minutes.
Thanks so much for waiting.

Me: Hi again

Gladwin: I checked your order and can see that the item seem to be missing in transit by the carrier.
The item is currently out of stock with us, hence we have issued full refund for the order.

Me: But I don't want a refund, I want the item
I can't just re-buy it somewhere else
they're basically impossible to find
which was exactly why I put my pre-order in *5 months* ago

Gladwin: I can certainly understand your concern ____.

Me: my e=mail told me to go buy it from the Amazon Marketplace, which is a joke
because it costs £744 there, when I paid £429

Gladwin: Usually in this type of incidents we will replace the items at no extra charges.
The item is currently out of stock with us. Hence we're unable to replace this item to you.

Me: But there are other people who also have this item pre-ordered, who are now going to receive their item before Christmas, *before* me
people who pre-ordered after me
there is obviously some stock
you're just giving it to people who were behind me in the queue, and pushing me out of the queue

Gladwin: I'm sorry you feel this way.
Customer's who are receiving their item that was preordered from our website.

Me: I'm also extremely upset about being fobbed off by customer service all weekend, telling me that my parcel is still coming, and not actually telling me it was lost
If they'd told me this on Friday when I first called, I might have had a chance of getting it somewhere else
but instead I've been strung along all weekend

Gladwin: We have contacted the carrier and the carrier replied us that your order was missing in transit.

Me: I contacted customer service multiple times over the weekend to try and confirm this, because it's what I suspected all along

Gladwin: We know many of our customers are anxious to receive their games on the release date and I realize that we’ve let you down.

Me: how can it go missing? don't you track the items?
if the parcel was scanned onto a van, but doesn't get scanned taken off the van at the other end, then your driver stole it

Gladwin: I am sorry that the tracking information was not updated.

Me: things don't just disappear

Gladwin: It appears that the carrier checked their depot and they were unable to find the package.
They have misplaced the package.

Me: Well if you've lost it and have to replace it
why can't I get one of the new stock you're receiving for christmas

Gladwin: As an online retailer we depend upon our suppliers for the inventory of the item.
We're waiting for the inventory from our suppliers.

Me: And you'll be receiving some before Christmas, because there are pre-orders promised before then
as mentioned on the website still

Gladwin: In this case, if you prefer I will cancel the refund for the item. once the item gets back in stock with us, please contact us and will replace the item. However, we're unable to confirm when the item will be back in inventory.

Me: but there's no confirmation you'd then get me my item before Christmas
i'd likely be expected to just buy it again and go to the back of the queue and be stuck waiting in February
most stores are quoting new not-reserved stock as February, and that is crazy for something I pre-ordered back in June

Gladwin: I am sorry about this situation, ____. I can understand the importance of this Bundle.
As a retailer of the products, we solely depend on our suppliers and carriers.
We have not yet received any update regarding the stock date.
We are still waiting for it.
If you prefer, I can cancel the refund and you can contact us once it is available with us.
We will be happy to create a replacement order for you.
Will this help?

Me: but will I actually get one before Christmas?
I don't want a replacement order if I'm just going to be stuck waiting even longer

Gladwin: I am sorry, ____. We are unable to confirm this.

Me: Ugh, this is really unacceptable
I can't find this item anywhere now
There were some at Argos at the weekend and I didn't buy one because I was told it was still coming

Gladwin: I can understand how disappointed you are.

Me: what am I supposed to do? I had this pre-order in for MONTHS

Gladwin: You placed this order on June 11, 2013 and eagerly waiting for the Bundle.

Me: people are re-selling this bundle for £600-700 on ebay and even your own marketplace
even if I just bought the items in the bundle separately it would cost me at least £500
a refund after the date it was meant to come out just doesn't cut it
and that doesn't even to begin to cover the cost of inconvenience I now have trying to find one of these things to buy
literally hours of scouring online and calling stores

Gladwin: To compensate for this inconvenience, I can issue a 10 GBP promotional gift certificate.

Me: £10!? even if I wanted a refund, that's nowhere near enough to cover the inconvenience
this bundle, and frankly just the plain console itself, is near impossible to find
without paying hundreds extra
and why should I have to cover that cost for Amazon's mistake

Gladwin: I'm sorry, I can understand your concern. We do have certain concession limits.
If you prefer I can create a followup for you and once we receive the inventory from our suppliers I will create a replacement order for the same.

Me: but this is what you offered earlier, and you said you cant guarantee i'd get it before christmas
can't you just put my order back into the queue, specifically at the front of it
since I pre-ordered way back in June before everyone else
it's crazy that there are people who pre-ordered in October and later tat are now slated to get their console before me
*that

Gladwin: Usually in these issue we will directly create a replacement order for the same item and dispatch it to the same address. As this is limited stock item and it was out of stock with us. our system won't allow us to create a replacement order that was not in stock.

Me: Well if you can't do it, can you find someone who can? There must be someone at Amazon capable of adjusting orders

Gladwin: As we don't have the item in stock no one can create replacement for you.

Me: I know you don't have any right now. I'm asking to be put first in line when you DO get the item
I pre-ordered back in June so that I could get my console on release day, not so I could get it in February
you've already completely messed up on your promise to get it me on release day
and if I let you have your way I simply wouldn't get it at all
as the mistake is ENTIRELY with you, you could at least make sure I get it first
it's completely unacceptable that there are now people who will get the console before I do, that only pre-ordered a few weeks ago
because you lost the parcel

Gladwin: I can understand your disappointment.
Unfortunately, none of us can create a replacement order for this item as it is not available with us.
We have certain concession limits.
Hope you will understand that we are unable to issue more than 10 GBP in relation to this issue.

Me: this is crazy, I've been ordering online with Amazon for over a decade
I can't believe you could mess up like this
and you're willing to throw a long-standing customer away over a technicality?
someone, somewhere, at Amazon is capable of manipulating these orders
just edit my original order to say it was never dispatched and that it needs dispatching
because, that's basically what's happened, it never reached your depot
if you can't find the thing how can you prove you even dispatched it

Gladwin: In this case I will contact our internal team regarding the this issue and create a follow up for you.

Me: and they might be able to help me?

Gladwin: They may help you. However the only way to contact them is through our internal system by us and customer cannot directly contact them.

Me: Will they contact me then?

Gladwin: I will contact you as soon as we receive an update from them.
I will contact you via email once I receive an update from them.

Me: Is that likely to be today, or later?

Gladwin: I will update you via email within 3 to 5 business days ____.

Me: That's a long time to wait for a "maybe" when I could be out there trying to find and secure one of these for myself
but I'm guessing there's probably nothing more you can do
can you at least make sure I don't get refunded just yet, if you give me my money back you're probably no long obligated to help me
if I actually manage to find one of these elsewhere, I can then contact you for a refund myself

Gladwin: I can understand that this time was longer. This is the maximum time, it may be resolved even before it.
I have cancelled the refund before it was processed.

Me: Thank you. Sorry for being a stubborn customer, I know it's not your fault personally

Gladwin: Thanks for your patience and understanding.
You're most welcome.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me: No that is all for now. Thanks for your time.

Gladwin: It's my pleasure talking to you.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Take care! Have a Great Day!

Me: Thanks, goodbye

This took 3 hours. I need to go to work so I had to give up near the end.

Post subject: Re: Amazon Order
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:30 am 
Tough!
Tough!

If you know the delivery company, I used to manage IT development for one of the main delivery companies amazon used... if its with them and you have the delivery companies consignment number I can get them to investigate (far more than amazon can), still have friends there, in fact I actually have details I should not have to login to certain things still.... but I've said too much about that - when i was working there a few xmas ago i was having a TV delivered from a depot that was not going to be able to deliver any more stuff before xmas (and in fact it was marked as lost) due to snow and so i had someone find and drive the TV from the depot to me outside of using the vans... good to know actual people sometimes ;)

Just looked and in stock at argos still:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 222540.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 450312.htm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:24 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

They're in stock until you actually pick to find a store then it says nowhere has them.

If you think it'll help, the tracking was Amazon Logistics, number was Q80015394053. Last seen "in transit" to Birmingham.

Edit: if you have an Argos nearby with one of be tempted to have you get it and let me pay you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:35 am 
Tough!
Tough!

Didn't try to order one :(

Oh so their own internal people it seems, not heard of amazon logistics though so might be a front for one of the other companies :( ill try using that as a reference code on the site i can access and see if it comes up but its not the right format for one of their consignment numbers and using reference codes is hit and miss

Edit, no its seems to be another company according to this... http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/amazon?_e ... 8C0QW4MWV8

Sorry I cant find out more for you :(

Edit2, used the stock checker and says all out of stock around me too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:01 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

that's aggrivating :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:24 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ket, I would probably be raging so hard right now I wouldn't even be able to post about it. I thought I was annoyed missing out on FFXIV:RR SE, but this takes the cake.

You don't deserve this shit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:27 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

wow, what the fuck! That is a nightmare...I would be furious.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:34 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Session 9 was an awesome movie btw.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:47 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

That sucks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:49 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

that blows, they should put in you in the front of the line. lost in transit. probably one of those people selling it on ebay for 900 dollars.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:40 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

saw this on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1rwmcf/ps4_sells_over_250000_in_uk_66_more_than_xbox_one/cdrrgq5

Amazon have not fulfilled A LOT of orders in the UK despite charging customers. There are 3 people in my office in the same boat and plenty of people online.

The delivery company has not received the device, but Amazon claim to have handed it over. Customer service reps are spinning up a different story every time as to why it hasn't arrived yet despite it being dispatched.

I'm not convinced this will be statistically relevant to overall sales figures but its worth noting Amazon have royally cocked up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:09 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

what you posted kitty makes me lean more on someone in the courrier service might be stealing them. its not unheard of, especially in this season where many workers are seasonal and sre not afraid of being fired. i really hope thats not the case. its really aggrivating to have preored something, which is supposed to reserve your product and never received the promised goods, id be extremely livid too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

yea you know someone pilfered them and sold them

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:19 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

There was a lady at my work who used to sell brand new movies for $5. A friend of hers worked for a courier service and ripped them off from blockbuster during shipments (this was about 10 years ago when blockbuster still had a decent presence).

I have no doubts that stuff happens with larger items.

Honestly I would sell you my PS4 (for retail price) if you lived in the US Ket. I've only used it a handful of times and I don't even really want/need it. People keep asking me irl "omfg how much are you loving your PS4?" I'm like "meh, i've watched a few movies on it and hate it's lack of remote support"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:07 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Yeah... if you're using it that way, the X1 would be perfect for you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:11 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Part 2, I guess... Because this is what I wanted to be doing at 4AM...

So apparently, my missing package was found, but instead of sending it out to me, they decided to send it back to Amazon, who then processed it as a refund and cancelled my order.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

Quote:
Hello,

We are writing to let you know that one of your packages (#202-5586891-8608334) has been returned to our fulfillment centre as undeliverable. Some common causes for undeliverable packages are listed here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custome ... d=13833761

When a package is returned to us for this reason and you haven't requested a replacement order, we return the item(s) to our inventory and issue a full refund (including delivery charges). We will send a refund confirmation to you separately.

We are unable to resend orders that are returned to us as undeliverable. If you still wish to receive these items, please return to our website to place a new order. If you need to change an existing delivery address for future orders, please update your address book via Your Account at:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

The delivery address listed for the returned order is:
______

Thank you for using Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Me: My "missing" package has been returned as undeliverable!? Why wasn't it delivered?? I already called about *not* refunding this order!

Sai: Hello My name is Sai. Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk. May I have the name on your account please?

Me: Hi there, my name is ____ ____

Sai: Hello ____.
Are you referring to PS4?

Me: Yes, my order was never delivered, I've called Customer Services 5-6 times this weekend trying to sort this order out

Sai: Thank you.

Me: first I was told it was still coming, several times over the weekend
this this morning I was told the carrier had lost the parcel
and that I had to be refunded

Sai: I am really sorry that you had this difficulty.

Me: i got straight on to you guys to make sure that didn't happen
then I just suddenly got an e-mail telling me that my package had been returned to the depot?
and that i'm getting refunded (again)
if you guys FOUND my package, why can't you send it to me

Sai: As I have checked from your order details and found out that you have been refunded an amount of 429.99 GBP on December 03, 2103.

Me: but I contacted you guys and got you to cancel any refund pending on that order
that was about 18 hours ago

Sai: Refund was cancelled initially and again you have been refunded.

Me: but why

Sai: The amount will reflect in your account in 2-3 business days.
As the order is undeliverable.

Me: but it says it was returned to your fulfilment center
last i was told was that the package was MISSING
if it's NOT missing, then why haven't you sent it to me
why did it get returned

Sai: I am sorry, the items which appear undeliverable, can't be sent back.
I hope you understand.

Me: no, i'm not accepting that
I've been calling you guys ALL weekend
about this package
that YOU lost
and now you're telling me you found it but you're not sending it me?!
the item that you CANT buy anymore?
that i had preordered since JUNE!?
sorry but i'm not accepting that
and if you can't do anything about it I suggest you escalate me to somebody who can
i already had a call open about this order with your internal buying team
chat was with CSA Gladwin, about 17 hours ago
I got an e-mail about it and everything

Sai: I understand your concern.
May I have that email in our chat conversation please?

Me: Hello,
I'm writing to follow up on our recent chat conversation.
I can understand your concern regarding the availability of the item "Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4)".
We have asked our buying team to look into this issue. Please note that while most issues are resolved within 5 business days, in some cases it may take longer for us to investigate. I will contact you again within 5 business days with an update. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.
I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warmest regards,
Gladwin A.

that e-mail was sent 17:11 GMT

Sai: Just a moment please.
Thanks for waiting.

Me: Hi again

Sai: I have checked and see that the billing team has been already contacted and we are waiting for their reply.
I hope, they will be able to help you with this.
If they send it back to you. You will be again charged.

Me: that item is extremely rare and low stock, both on amazon and everywhere
i don't want it to be refunded, or returned to fulfilment center
I don't want my order marked as though I've returned the item for some reason
I want that order to state that the PS4 is still mine
or it'll just be given to somebody else
and I'll be stuck waiting til February

Sai: I understand.

Me: for a pre-order I made in June

Sai: Please wait for the reply from them.

Me: which could take all week
my PS4 is going to be long gone
you guys aren't just going to leave it on a shelf
you're going to send it out to somebody else

Sai: I am sorry, please understand. We have already contacted them.
Please wait for their reply.
Lets hope for the best.

Me: Why am I only able to "hope" for the best? Why can't I just receive the item I was originally promised, on the date I was promised.
Why can't Amazon just keep the item for me, why is it being lost and passed around to other people
I don't get why the item was even returned to the fulfilment center

Sai: In a very rare cases such type of issues occur.

Me: it was missing, lost
if you found it, why not just post it out to me
it already had my name on it
and my address

Sai: We, have requested that already.

Me: i don't want my order marked as refunded, nor do i want it marked as though I returned my item
I want it marked like it should be, that it needs to be dispatched
and that the order has been in the queue since June and should have been delivered on launch day

Sai: I completely understand you.
Please wait for the time frame of 3-5 days for the issue to be resolved.

Me: and if they simply come back and tell me "sorry, we have no stock, we can't give you anything, please re-order the item again"?
there'll be nothing I can do
because I have no way of contacting or talking to these guys myself

Sai: Without their rely we are unable t confirm anything,

Me: but the message has been sent to them is probably not even up to date anymore
when i got that message sent it was because my parcel was missing
now it has been found and "returned" (without my permission)
and my order is marked as though i returned the item for a refund
which is absolutely NOT the case
having to leave a message for 3-5 days is a long time, why can't we just talk to them
the situation has changed and now we're going to have to leave a new message for a completely different situation
i'm re-reading this e-mail now too and i noticed it says "When a package is returned to us for this reason and you haven't requested a replacement order"
and I had requested a replacement, specifically my own item
earlier that day in fact
I'm sorry but this is infuriating
why is there such a disconnect

Sai: I understand, right now we are having an option to contact them via email. And we have done it.

Me: If it were actually possible to buy this item anywhere else I would have by now
but you can't buy it anywhere
so i don't want a refund
the moment you give me my money back my order is lost
and i absolutely do not want to lose that item

Sai: I understand. As I have told you earlier we will charge you again if the billing team sends the item back to you. .

Me: cancel the refund and the return, i don't want the refund and I don't want my item returned
I want my item *delivered*
preferably with a carrier that knows what they're doing and doesn't just lose the package and then return it 5 days later

Sai: I will again request about your concern.
Just a moment please.

Me: make sure they're aware that I pre-ordered this item way back in June, for release day
and at no point have i EVER asked for my order to be cancelled, refunded, or returned
Amazon has done all of those things themselves, without my permission
all I want is my item, as soon as possible
not after christmas
or in the new year
i pre-ordered for release day
i was months ahead of the cut-off date

Sai: Thanks for waiting.

Me: and if my item has been returned to you then I will not accept that you don't have stock
because you obviously have one, the one that had my name on it

Sai: I have requested them that the rerun of the item returned, to be delivered again as soon as possible.
I hope they will resolve your issue soon.

Me: and I suppose I need to wait 3-5 days

Sai: Yes, please. It is the maximum time we request you to wait.

Me: can I get some kind of reference number

Sai: I am sorry, we won't be having any reference number for that. If you prefer I will email you.

Me: I just got an e-mail just now saying my refund was processed

Sai: Yes.
I have already told you that.
If our request is successful, they will charge you again.

Me: Sigh, I don't like the "if" part.
And without some kind of reference number I can't easily get in contact again when they inevitably don't do what I requested

Sai: I am sorry. Lets hope for the best.
And there are no reference numbers for these contacts.

Me: How can I later prove you've done it for me
If nobody gets back to me I can't prove that you've promised to sort my order out
especially now that you've given me my money back

Sai: I will email you the confirmation.
Are we connected?

Me: Yes, sorry, i'm trying to think what else I can do

Sai: Is there any thing else I can help you with?

Me: .... I guess not

Sai: I will email you shortly. We hope to see you again soon. Please click on end chat link to end the conversation.

Me: Thanks, good night.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:29 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Pisses me off

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:52 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Such incompetence, from a company that I thought knew better

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:43 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

Ket that is totally unacceptable and sucks. I am one for holding people responsible for their mistakes and even more so when it's a business. I have also gotten my PS4 from Amazon and it arrived to me broken. The disc drive accepted my disc. Would not read the disc and only ejected once before eating it and making the worse grinding noises when told to eject.

I contacted Sony and they did their normal apologizes. They will send a "over night box" where i will resend back my PS4 and get a new one with my disc back if not scratched to ass. They sent the box for Thursday and arrived on Tuesday..... I sent out my PS4 ASAP and was very surprised to get my new PS4 back two days later.

I'm finding more and more that these big companies don't know how to repay their customers back for bull shit things in their control. For example when I explained to the Customer service person that I had people coming over the next day to play games and now i won't be able to keep that plan. The lady said that we should add the "Extended warranty" to my system just in case. I was glad and said yes that would be great then went on to ask me for my credit card number since it costs 50$ CDN............... I was just shocked they had the balls to ask for more money after my first reason was to call about my system being broken. Also after spending 185 dollars earlier that day on games and PlayStation Plus membership.

They have no connect to what their customers are feeling when all of this out of the customer's control. I completely agree that you need to get your PS4 on Launch day or be rewarded greatly. You did everything right and now your asking them to fulfill their side of the transaction. Simply giving your money back when the shit hits the fan is not cool or professional.

I also had my PS4 arrive to my Parents house since the address is easier to deliver to. My parents said the PS4 was left at the door (left for 5 hours) and the box looked like they just threw it up the front steps into the door..... At least I can be happy for the the great Canadian neighbor hoods and it wasn't stolen.

I believe Amazon or whatever company you order from should be responsible for getting you that item. Right to the end.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:10 am 
Tough!
Tough!

I can see Ket going out on a killing spree now and then claiming against amazon cause he should have been playing BF4 rather than hitting the streets ><

Seriously though they don't get how this effects people, and for some the above could easily be true....

I really hope they a) get that PS4 to you and b) give you a big compensation and im talking in the 100s of notes compensation, you have spent at least a day now trying to fix something they caused which on a daily working rate is at least that much.... time to claim you have done 1 day of work on their behalf and send a bill ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:13 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Part 3!

Mood: Cautiously Optimistic?

Now that it's not the weekend, I'm able to actually call them instead of resorting to their web chats that are likely farmed off to Amazon India or something. I got extremely lucky and got a girl on the phone who was actually English (from Ireland actually I think, but anyway).

Now, unfortunately, this person, while sympathetic, couldn't help me and was essentially giving me exactly the same responses as last night, just being more articulate about it. However, unlike when dealing with the bottom-of-the-rung and reading-off-the-sheet reps I had before, I was able to convince her to escalate me to management. Though I had to wait for a call back because they're currently busy and will also need time to investigate my call. I told them that when my options are to wait a few months or wait a few minutes, I'll happily wait a few minutes.

I had to wait over an hour for a call-back from a Manager, but it did eventually come, from a very helpful person called Denise. Essentially, in a round about way, she did for me what I asked for in the first place.

When the call came through, after confirming it was me she was speaking to, she warned me that she's about to put me under a lot of pressure. My package has been found, and it had been confirmed that it was not missing or damaged. However due to how their system works, the only thing they can do is put it back on sale. This is what I'd already been told by the previous customer reps numerous times; but she was prepared to do something else for me.

She needed me on Amazon's website immediately. Specifically, I need to quickly get to the page of the bundle I originally bought. She had their internal team on the other line, and she was going to make the "Buy" button reappear on the product page for a few seconds, and I had to make sure I was the first person to click it.

Yes, this is absolutely crazy, but I wasn't about to argue so I did as she asked.

Sure enough, I hit F5 and the "Add to Basket" button reappeared, listing the product as "Currently In Stock". It was at this moment I lamented the fact that I never turned on Amazon one-click ordering, as I quickly rushed through the payment options (luckily my card details are stored at least) and chose the most expensive and fastest recorded delivery option.

The drawback is that they couldn't send it out right away, for some reason, and I'll get it next week instead. So as a good will gesture, they waived the delivery fee. I refreshed the order page and the delivery fee dropped to £0.00, so she did it there and then.

Quote:
Hello _____,

My name is Denise, I am the Supervisor with whom you have just spoken with.

I am sorry to hear of the delivery issues experienced with your Sony PlayStation 4 Pre-order. I understand the parcel was returned by the carrier yesterday as undeliverable, and a refund was processed.

As we discussed, I was able to locate your returned parcel and with the help of the Buying team, the item was made available to purchase again. I can confirm your new order was successfully placed, Order No. ***-*******-*******, and the estimated delivery date for this new order is Thursday, 12 December 2013 - Friday, 13 December 2013.

I hope I have helped resolve matters for you. Should you experience any further issues with your new order, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,
Denise O S.

Amazon.co.uk

So I still don't have it, it's not coming until next week at the earliest, and I need to live through the horror of hoping it actually gets delivered next time, but it's a lot better than what I was getting from all the previous customer reps.

But this is all I ever wanted. I never expected them to magic a new one out of thin air if my old one had actually been lost or damaged. I just wanted them to send another one out once they had one, or my same one if they actually still had it, instead of just cancelling it and forcing me to look elsewhere (Hint: It's impossible to get anywhere, I've been looking all weekend) or wait til the new year.

Thanks, Denise.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:12 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I buy everything from Amazon, and every time i've had to deal with customer service they eventually resolve my problem. I usually rave about how awesome they are. This made me a bit skeptical, but it sounds like everything will eventually work itself out.

Atleast you aren't missing much waiting until next week. The current games aren't all that great anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:25 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'll keep my fingers crossed for yah.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:14 am 
Tough!
Tough!

Good stuff. Shame about the drama it has caused for you :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:14 pm