It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Bravely Default
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™

I've been waiting a long time for Bravely Default to make its way stateside, and was wondering if anyone else has been playing the demo for 3DS... since the achievements and friends you make in game in the demo carry over to the game when it comes out Feb. 7th.

Basically the game feels a lot like an old school Final Fantasy with some interesting turns. You have the ability to use "BRAVE" to use up future turns to go balls deep or the "DEFAULT" ability with defends and gains an extra turn. It essentially allows you to control the flow of battle. There's a job system similar to FFV and FF Tactics that makes for characters that you can customize fully. Supposedly the story is interesting, but there isn't much of that in the demo.

Post subject: Re: Bravely Default
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:33 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I 100% completed the demo, and will be picking it up on release. I don't think the internet friends thing works in the demo, but if you want to add me as your 3ds friend now, presumably that's a required step in the launch version.
I'm already friends with several people in the FC like Ridere and DL, but my FC just for you Rein is 4184-1880-9946 bear in mind I'll need your FC too. So you should prolly add it to your first post, and make a new reply so I remember to check the thread.

Edit: I'll compile FCs for people with/planning to get Bravely Default until I lose interest in editing my post.
Vurin: 4184-1880-9946
Rein: 5386-7108-6798
Kioko: 2535 4661 2375
Galoyan: 4553-9966-9922
Xionix: 1118-0216-3289
Kyuss: 2552-1885-9503
Dmitry: 3480 2633 9508
Cris: 0490-6537-1227
Kluya 04897 6034 7119
Hobo: 0834-2031-8777

Last edited by Vurin on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:39 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

whats the social aspect? is it just a solo game or does having friends do anything special?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:49 pm 

You can assign friends to certain characters in the game, and gain access to additional villagers for the town building aspect of the game.

I'll get on that once I get home Vurin. I'll remind you before/after Coil, haha. I 100% completed the demo too, I just fucked myself on the villager cheat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:51 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

wait theres cheats already :/ that sucks. maybe ill download the demo, still kinda playing persona 4 but this might be something fun to try.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:02 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Friends give you extra villagers which is pretty meh, since you can get the fairly easily in the release one. They also allow 1 time use abilities via spotpass. i.e. if I pass a stranger (or friend) with bravely default and they have a character set up with "Protect" or "X-potion" or "Summon bahamut" I can use that ability one time without restriction (except MP costs).

If you are friends with a person you can assign 1 of their characters to one of yours and you have access to basically all their jobs/support abilities/subcommands etc. You still have the normal restrictions on how much 1 character can use but if say you're friends with someone who beat the game, you can use his character to basically give one of your characters access to all the support abilities and subcommands @ lvl 1.
TLDR it makes it a bit less grindy since you can use your friend to have access to high level abilities in shitty jobs =P

Example. You're a Fighter so you've been focusing on swordsman, knight, valkyrie type jobs. But you really want the lvl 15 performer support ability. you COULD grind out those 15 levels, or you could have a friend with a character who is a lvl 15 performer and just put the ability on your dude.

The primary restriction here is that each friend can only "give" you 1 character so you need a minimum of 4 friends to have 1 friend attached to each character.

This explanation got really long winded kinda unnecessarily, but basically in the end friends do nothing you couldn't do otherwise, but in the short time they give you more options, and help alleviate any need to grind you might feel.

Regarding the "cheat" its just a demo cheat where you talk to a guy get 1 villager update your village then reload w/o saving (turn off autosave)and repeat, gaining 1 villager each time. Its of limited use because the demo limits you to 20 villagers transferring to final game, and the final game gives you 4-5 villagers for "free" everyday anyway in addition to ones from streetpass/friends.

As for the demo itself its actually kinda bland, and I'm told poorly represents the final game, but its main draw is the combat which is good enough to give me hope for the actual game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:05 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

good to know. theres a few people on this forum that have 3ds and you can very easily make 4 friends.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:51 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I downloaded the demo, but haven't tried it yet. I'm still getting my ass kicked in Theatrhythm. I'll probably get it when it comes out though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:46 pm 

5386-7108-6798 FC ADD ME PEOPLE OMG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I heard there was a benefit to playing the demo even if you bought the actual game. Can anyone verify?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:29 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Yes. basically as you play the demo and you unlock "item packs" for the full game.

a quick google search found this listing I presume accurate: http://www.ign.com/wikis/bravely-default/Demo_Bonuses

Its primarily curative items and a smattering of very low end equipment to make the first hours a smidge easier and save you some gil.

Be warned it does take several hours to get everything from the demo, possibly longer if you have trouble with the relatively difficult optional bosses, and don't gamefaqs some fairly cheesy tactics/OP job setups.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

my friend code is, 2535 4661 2375, feel welcome to enter me but sorry nintendo doesn't allow me to send you random doodles anymore as reward (or punishment)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:26 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Kioko wrote:
my friend code is, 2535 4661 2375, feel welcome to enter me but sorry nintendo doesn't allow me to send you random doodles anymore as reward (or punishment)

I miss the doodles lol. i downloaded the demo but thats as far as i got.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:30 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

i'll definitely be picking this up too when it comes out. demo was a lot of fun.

4553-9966-9922 add me too omg. i'll add you guys later when my 3ds is actually charged.

i just realized how easy my fc is...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:21 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

FC: 0216-2107-0269

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:08 pm 

I'm friends with Z, Dead and Vurin, my life is complete

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Lol people still think I am Xiona :D. I need to learn about him and embrace his life as my own I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

TBH I just see xion and stop reading. I don't even know xiona really either. Just vaguely remember xionia as a person on the forums and figure two people can't possibly have such similarly bad taste in names.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:50 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yeah when I joined the FC I think I got everyone's hopes up then crushed them in one swift blow.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:50 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

FC: 2552-1885-9503

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:00 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

BTW lots of people say they have money problems in the game but there's a slightly cheesy but easy way to generate money while auto battling. All you need is a lvl 11 merchant ( or more likely a friend such as myself who is ablinked to provide the lvl 11 merchant ability).

The ability is call Big Pharma. It heals an enemy and you earn money = to the amount healed. All you need then is an auto battle setup that inflicts dmg to an enemy, but is fully covered by Big Pharaa's heal, and a sustainable way to keep your party alive.

You could simply use Attack to inflict dmg and blessed shield to heal the party.

Or you could have a party of a Knight, and 3 critically low health characters 1 of which has the merchant abilities. the other two with the Mp Free in Pinch. Basically assuming the enemy you are fighting only has single target physical attacks the knight will always cover the party, and the other two can heal the knight and hurt the enemy infinitely since they will never use mp or need to be healed out of critical status.

using magic to hurt the enemy is a little easier since it doesn't crit/and has less dmg variance etc.

Other tips healing lore and mnd raising gear boosts big Pharma, and ideally you want a 10 or more difference in agility between the merchant and the damage dealer or else their turns can flip flop and sometimes cause the enemy to die and such.

Anyway once you a have a set up where you attack, big pharma, and heal yourself vs an enemy that can't kill you. leave the ds auto battling for a few hours and come back to millions of gil.

Some good enemies for this are the golem type enemies ( wind/fire temple) and the pikemen (time mage sidequest workshop/millplace), but plenty of other options

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:07 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Also seriously. How do Kyuss and Xiona 2 post in this thread and not have added the FCs already listed in this thread. so silly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:25 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

xionix_arcais wrote:
Lol people still think I am Xiona :D. I need to learn about him and embrace his life as my own I guess.

All I remember of Xiona is an irl picture - a dude with spiky bleached hair that kinda resembled Billy Joe from Green Day, wearing a t-shirt that said "Ask me about my penis". And he seemed like an asshole. Which made him fit right in with CKD.

Back on topic I'm buying this game today. You have convinced me. Will post my FC later.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:15 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Vurin wrote:
Also seriously. How do Kyuss and Xiona 2 post in this thread and not have added the FCs already listed in this thread. so silly.

I am lazy and adding FC's is a lot of work... I just added everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:40 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

My friend code is 2015-8743-4487 since I guess I forgot to post it.

I have Reinheld, Galoyan, Kyuss, Kitty and Zuldane added, so add me guys. I got the rest of you from last
week I think.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion