It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Fantasy Life (3DS)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I know that 2.4 just rolled out, but has anyone else picked up Fantasy Life for the 3DS? Fado, Kitty and I got it, and we've been playing around on it since Friday. It's a pretty fun, little game for 40 bucks.

The character editor is relatively detailed for a catridge game. And there are 12 classes - 3 gathering, 5 crafting and 4 battle. There is a DLC pack out already in Japan, but I don't know if it adds more classes.

You can play with up to 3 players in multiplayer to take down big "bounty" enemies, and when you meet people through the 3ds street pass, they come hang out in your town. You can buy house(s), decorate them, dye armor, the crafting mini games require some coordination, but aren't super terribly difficult, allowing you to craft Normal, Good, Great and Top-Notch level gear.

Definitely seems like it'll be easy to get your 40 bucks from it.

Post subject: Re: Fantasy Life (3DS)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:49 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:42 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I picked it up, but smash 3ds broke my circle pad so I can't actually play it atm.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:48 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

awe youre character looks cute.

I got it, it's really fun so far. The cheery music always makes my day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:55 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I have put a lot of hours into it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to max everything on it yet. I was complaining IRL about how I wish Nintendo had a trophy/achievement system, like Playstation does, because it'd motivate me to "complete" more of their games.

I have definitely got my money from the game, and I'm still playing it (despite already beating it), but I just don't know if I'll 100+ hours play it, like some have.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:47 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

i only wish it had a marriage/family system. marriage is one of the possible wishes but cant actually be achieved ; ; was hoping the expansion would add it but guess not. speaking of which how does an expansion on a cart based game even work?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:25 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I really don't know. I didn't get the DLC. For us, it could be on the cart already and just a matter of changing a 0 to a 1, somewhere in some file, or something, simply because the DLC existed before NA carts were available.

It costs 9 bucks, and neither Fado, nor Kitty, seemed all too excited about getting it, so I may not. It adds new areas, doubles the level, doubles your stats, increases the max skill from 15/20, and adds more pets and such, but again (As I mentioned earlier), the lack of an achievement/trophy system makes it hard for me to justify the time spent "maxing" this game.

Definitely worth the purchase price, for sure. And I do think Fado plans on maxing the vanilla game, but just not wanting to spend the extra 8.99 for the DLC.

I do know there are friendship levels in the DLC, which helps your NPCs perform better when in parties with you. But no, I don't think it leads to marriage.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:28 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

the expansion pack is completely different than the dlc. its being sold in japan on a second cart. i think it just recently came out or is in process of being released in japan. hoping they bring it over here too. but im pretty sure no dating sim still :(. oh well if theres any only mp capabilities (i havent looked yet) please feel welcome to drop by!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:31 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

There are MP options. Up to 3 players. There are some limitations, however.

You can't host/join while in an active "chapter" of the storyline. You have to finish a chapter of the storyline and get to a point where you can once again invite NPCs into your party, before you can join/host any multiplayer stuff.

MP is pretty fun, though. Just kinda killing stuff (That's all you can do in MP - hunt, fish, gather). But if you're farming bosses for loot, drops are unique, but the actual Bounty cage you bring back to the bounty clerks are only able to be turned in by one person.

so worst case scenario, you kill a boss, grab it, rest at the inn, zone, or whatever, and kill it again and let someone else grab the bounty.

Also, I didn't know that there was a proper expansion. That could be cool. Would have to think about it.

I'm kind of still thinking of my next game to play. Fantasy Life has been fun, and I always play Minecraft in between other big games, but I'm debating what I want to play now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:00 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Whoops sorry i was mistaken, the expansion is the dlc is the Japanese expansion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:07 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ah, okay :D

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion