It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Everquest
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:47 pm 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

Anyone play the original. If i quit FFXI this is what ill go to cause my dad is a 65 necro :)

Post subject: Re: Everquest
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:52 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Ledzeppelin wrote:
my dad is a 65 necro
yikes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:22 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I played. 65 Dwarven warrior on Morell Thule :D

WHat server were you on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:20 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Sick bastard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:15 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I still have my 65 rogue on DRo, but I don't play anymore, its basically a very pretty bazaar mule for my aunts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:02 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

im guessing 65 is the highest level you can be? or is that just where everyone stops?

Is this ok?

Level 65 Dragoon
Rank 9 Sandoria
Woodworking 72.0 Fishing 55.7
Smithing 34.0 Leathercraft 28.4
Bonecraft 22.7 Cooking 11.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:55 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

They raised the level limit to 70 with OOW (the newest expansion that came out couple of months ago). I know most of my friends are lvl 70 (they are all hardcore players so they hit 70 in like 1 week grind).

In fact, we still have our accts (65 druid and 65mage on one; 65 cleric, 65 enchanter and 65 warrior on the other) active on Vazaelle server (my friend took care of our accts when we quitted, my char is basically a pling bitch for him and his twinks).

Will I ever go back? No, EQ is not for softcore unless you don't care about raiding, you just want to do tradeskills and leveling. If you ever want to see the end game, you have to be at least semi hardcore and if you want to see the best stuff, you'll have no life or have someone plays you while you are at work etc.

EQ takes a lot more than FFXI and most of the "uber" stuff you can't do it with just 1 or 2 groups. You'll have to have 40-60 people perform "flawlessly" to beat the content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:14 am 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

We started playing a month before FFXI came out so i only got to 15 and we're on stromm.

Post subject: Re: Everquest
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:15 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Ledzeppelin wrote:
Anyone play the original. If i quit FFXI this is what ill go to cause my dad is a 65 necro :)

your dads a 65 year old Necropheliac?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:14 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Peejo wrote:
They raised the level limit to 70 with OOW (the newest expansion that came out couple of months ago). I know most of my friends are lvl 70 (they are all hardcore players so they hit 70 in like 1 week grind).

In fact, we still have our accts (65 druid and 65mage on one; 65 cleric, 65 enchanter and 65 warrior on the other) active on Vazaelle server (my friend took care of our accts when we quitted, my char is basically a pling bitch for him and his twinks).

Will I ever go back? No, EQ is not for softcore unless you don't care about raiding, you just want to do tradeskills and leveling. If you ever want to see the end game, you have to be at least semi hardcore and if you want to see the best stuff, you'll have no life or have someone plays you while you are at work etc.

EQ takes a lot more than FFXI and most of the "uber" stuff you can't do it with just 1 or 2 groups. You'll have to have 40-60 people perform "flawlessly" to beat the content.

Isn't that the truth. When raiding high end content, you can bet that on any given weekend you can enjoy a nice 12-16 hour session(per day). With 60+ other people and that is a requirement. EQ trade skills are terrible, I had 200+(out of 255) skill in a number of them including smithing. Nothing below 250 skill was really profitable and usually suffered from market saturation. Even food could be recycled if you time yourself since in EQ you only need to have the food be in the top spot to get the benefit. With timing you can force feed yourself another meal and never eat the stat food.

Last edited by Taeuvyn on Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:25 pm 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

die pix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:32 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

We also have a 52 shaman (mine) and a 52 bard (Kailyn's) on Stromm. They are Peejo and Kailyn!! :lol: I have a lvl 12 or 14 enchanter on stromm too. We created those chars when we got really burnt out on Vaz and just don't want to do any high end stuff anymore.

Here's a typical day for high end raiding.

Login, check your bazaar, tranfer stuff to mule, make some tradeskill items for guildmates (I have 1750 raw skills (250x7 skills)on main and 250 smithing on twink). Go to the zone we supposed to raid. Wait for people to log on (depends on the zone, sometimes we can get going within 20 minutes, sometimes we have to wait an hour). Typical raid day is 4 hours minimal and can last up to 8+ hours. Normally we start around 11:00 a.m. (Euro guild) and finish around 4 p.m (6p.m. - 11p.m. for euros). Or on weekends, we go from 11a.m. to 7p.m. some days (6p.m. -2a.m. for euros).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:40 pm 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

lol peejo! come play with me :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:17 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Don't forget to mention all of the high end competition for content. The leap frogging, cock-blocking, training, and kill stealing. Just to add fun to the raiding day let us not forget about the dolts whom goof off and cause wipeouts. Oh, and the yelling and insults when something goes wrong. The ninja looting and guild vs guild drama. Did I forget anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:29 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yeah but at least there's no JP vs NA crap on FFXI.

...But quite a bit of competition with a few Euro Guilds on MorellThule...

fags :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:23 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Taeuvyn wrote:
Don't forget to mention all of the high end competition for content... Did I forget anything?

Yeah, cock sucking. Unless you are in a DKP guild, you'll most likely have to be hardcore + kiss serious asses/cock sucking motions to get all the loots you want. How I not miss that part of EQ at all. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:01 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Not exactly. Depnding on your server there is JA vs NA, CHI vs NA, Korean vs NA, Euro va NA, and even NA vs NA. Of course then there are the various combinations of those "factions" competing with each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:03 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Peejo wrote:
Taeuvyn wrote:
Don't forget to mention all of the high end competition for content... Did I forget anything?

Yeah, cock sucking. Unless you are in a DKP guild, you'll most likely have to be hardcore + kiss serious asses/cock sucking motions to get all the loots you want. How I not miss that part of EQ at all. :lol:

But let us not forget to give proper tribute to those in our respective DKP guilds that cry because they can not make attendance and therefore get less loot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:30 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Taeuvyn wrote:
But let us not forget to give proper tribute to those in our respective DKP guilds that cry because they can not make attendance and therefore get less loot.

If you are in a DKP guild, it's your own problem if you can't play enough to get your attendance for the loots. However, if you were in a God loot guild, you can have 100% attendance and still not get the loots you want. Because you have stronge personality and you just can't kiss enough officers' asses to get the loots. Btw, real life females always get better treatment in the God loot guilds even if their attendance isn't top of the guild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:51 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Really? I noticed a female bias, but it wasn't in favor at at least for the majority. Although, a few females were probably in reciveal of a bit of nepotisim but those were also the ones whom kissed the most ass. So that may not be a sexist thing. But females that spoke out on piss poor decisions and crappy policy usually got treated like crap, then made to feel bad about feeling like crap usually through trivalisation of the event. That or passing it off as "just a game", which is oh so entertaining when the officers throw shit storms when things go arye. Hipocracy is fantasic entertainment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:24 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I played EQ for about 2yrs..I sucked at it. But anyway, what was your chars names on Vaz peejo? That's the server I played on . :P

The body does not live. The soul lives. The body is simply animated by the soul. You have never seen anyone in your life (with your physical eyes). You have only seen their body, or rather, an electrical image of their body. The human body is basically a high end animalistic machine designed by Nature for the expression of the Spirit by way of the Soul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:42 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Oh no lol...

Tell me who you are first :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:34 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Original char was named Seit, but ended up playing Rastar when he quit and gave me his account.

The body does not live. The soul lives. The body is simply animated by the soul. You have never seen anyone in your life (with your physical eyes). You have only seen their body, or rather, an electrical image of their body. The human body is basically a high end animalistic machine designed by Nature for the expression of the Spirit by way of the Soul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:59 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Believe it or not, I actually remember the char named rastar. Since I had so much problem with the mob Raster lol. Kailyn and I took turns to camp that mob for 21 hours straight when it finally popped. I almst died fighting it too. Our main on vaz are Raiya - me(65 druid) and Ayiar (65 war). I also have twinks - Jinling (65 mage), Ayiarena (65 cleric).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:52 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I was a tard and just camped the Ancient Cyclops 24/7 with my 56 druid

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion