It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:28 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: I preordered my Wii yesterday!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:29 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Mikey found out that Zellers in Canada was taking pre orders.

I went to Zellers yesterday and asked if they were taking pre orders. The woman behind counter actually looked confused at first. I thought that she was confused because she had no idea what a "Nintendo Wii" was.
That wasnt the case though, she was confused as to how I found out they were taking pre orders. She was like "yeah we are getting 10 units per Zellers, so we arnt even advertising it, how did you find out?" I told her a friend of mine told me about it.

The pre-order is gay though. I had to pay the full amount upfront. Then I also had to buy it in their package. I had to get some truck game and Rayman. Although I have heard pretty good things about both games.

Post subject: Re: I preordered my Wii yesterday!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:00 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Yarr wrote:
Mikey found out that Zellers in Canada was taking pre orders.

I went to Zellers yesterday and asked if they were taking pre orders. The woman behind counter actually looked confused at first. I thought that she was confused because she had no idea what a "Nintendo Wii" was.
That wasnt the case though, she was confused as to how I found out they were taking pre orders. She was like "yeah we are getting 10 units per Zellers, so we arnt even advertising it, how did you find out?" I told her a friend of mine told me about it.

The pre-order is gay though. I had to pay the full amount upfront. Then I also had to buy it in their package. I had to get some truck game and Rayman. Although I have heard pretty good things about both games.

I'll be lil miss pessimist here, but make sure you're there the second they open that day...And then demand your system with a shotgun in hand. I used to work for a game company, and they didn't ever care about preorders, for the most part, and the employees would buy all the systems before people could even get thier preorders.

However, bah on you, because as far as I know, the whole of US isn't even preordering Wii or PS3. >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:23 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Apparently, EB Games is doing this:

Quote:
People who have a game reserved for the Wii before October 9th will receive a phonecall (whether you'll get it on the 8th or the 9th i don't know) saying that you are able to preorder the wii and be "garaunteed a system"* (first come first serve more than likely), and you will have 24 hours to preorder it from the time you receiver the phonecall.

Yes, the person who wrote that can't write English but if the information is right then there you go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:25 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Also, why in the hell isn't this in the wii megathread? Isn't that the reason for a wii megathread?

:roll: Reinheld could you come in here please GOSH :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:30 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ponuh wrote:
Also, why in the hell isn't this in the wii megathread? Isn't that the reason for a wii megathread?

:roll: Reinheld could you come in here please GOSH :roll:

Because its not really Wii news right? Its just a thread about how I preordered the system thats all. Just giving a heads up to all the CAnadians out there who want a Wii.

oh and I trust Zellers. Its a smaller canadian version of Wal-Mart. Only less evil and all that. Keep in mind the pre order information is suppose to be Private information. They have NOTHING in the store to indicate they are doing pre orders. They dont even have a Wii logo anywhere.

The store is only getting 10 units in. they were told that directly from the distrubuter. I have number 6 on reserve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:35 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

lol its odd i found that info. I live in ny hahah

Zellers didn't even have it on its website or anything. It was incredibly hush hush

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:38 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

IGN expects rayman to be really good
and nintendo has Excite truck coming out, that looks good to, though not sure if its the same game you are getting. Excite truck won a lot of best racers at e3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:17 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Yeah I looked a little into both games and they look fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:18 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:24 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:40 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yarr wrote:
Then I also had to buy it in their package. I had to get some truck game

Well if you are talking about that game excite truck, its a pretty cool game, i played it at this concert i went to the other day (nintendo fusion tour), they had a bunch of wii's set up on hd tv's and some Gameboys so u could play it if u felt like waiting on the lines in the back of the hall. I went during a crappy band and got to play it for a race, the gameplay was pretty cool, reminded me of a mario kart with trucks as you get power boosts and stuff like that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:53 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

Pippinn wrote:
Yarr wrote:
Then I also had to buy it in their package. I had to get some truck game

Well if you are talking about that game excite truck, its a pretty cool game, i played it at this concert i went to the other day (nintendo fusion tour), they had a bunch of wii's set up on hd tv's and some Gameboys so u could play it if u felt like waiting on the lines in the back of the hall. I went during a crappy band and got to play it for a race, the gameplay was pretty cool, reminded me of a mario kart with trucks as you get power boosts and stuff like that.

from the stuff ive seen, alot of it is airborne, alot of jumping and bouncing and falling.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion