It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Does Anyone Still play?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:04 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Debating on giving WoW another go. Anyone still play?

Post subject: Re: Does Anyone Still play?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:08 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kitty, Fado and I gave Warlords of Draenor a stab. I was pretty underwhelmed. The leveling processing to 100 was fun. And since I hadn't played since Wrath, I got to see some of the Cata and Pandaria stuff, which was cool. But once I hit max level, there was like nothing to do other than raid.

Their new PVP zone is pretty terribly-implemented. Long queue times. Faction grinding for a lot of stuff was straight up just kill grinding, and apparently the rewards were pretty disappointing. The storyline left a lot to be desired, since it's basically an alternate timeline, so it has zero impact on the overall story.

Garrisons started off really fun, and then they quickly became a chore. It's fun making a little fort area in which you are the commander. But having to maintain it required too much time.

I think the overall consensus is that aside from raiding, this expansion was considered a dud. But your results may vary. The trip from 90 to 100 was a lot of fun. Experiencing the zones and whatnot. But it didn't take us long to get bored of it.

Post subject: Re: Does Anyone Still play?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:40 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

I played the end of Mists and the start of WoD... I enjoyed it, mainly crushed shit as warrior... but lost interest when I saw HW coming around on the horizon. There's still some appeal to the game but most of it felt like a chore. Garrisons were also punishing if you had alts and made the game a bit more like a facebook game than an MMO.

Legion may be fun, who knows, I'll probably try it casually.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft