It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:19 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Honestly I think the entire warrior class is a misstep in design. I believe they realized that because they didn't really rework it like the other classes. My damage was definitely on-par with other classes, but those with Naxx/AQ 40 gear were way overpowered. They had to nerf the entire class because they made it so easily unbalancable by making it so gear dependent. Then again, if they didn't do that, then there'd be far less of a reason to play the game in the first place, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:25 pm 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Oh I agree that warriors were really overpowered in Naxx gear.

I just think that this last patch buffed other classes to that level while nerfing warriors heh. Maybe lvl 70 gear will change it again, since warriors ARE still gear depedant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:00 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Shadowstalker wrote:
Koda wrote:
2.2 rogues vs warlocks is still one sided for rogues but warlocks did get a huge buff

You must PvP against some shitty warlocks then. Rogues are fucking cake, .

hmm, sorry to say, but you do see the logical fallacy there, i hope, my friend. after re-reading my post, i do notice my connotation was as if rogues dominated warlocks. but, as you can see, i said they're one sided against them.

simply put, unless you're standing still waiting for a rogue, with your succubus out, you arent going to have the initial charm jump on him, possibly no charm jump at all if he saps and kills your succubus in time. considering you're expecting a realistic scene rather than "charm death coil charm fear + dots = 5s dead rogue" i hope you'll recognize that rogue just has more mechanisms to its class than warlock. yojack rogues have the ability to keep you stun locked for more than 30 seconds, using at least 2 cold blood eviscerates and 4 hemorhhages and 15s of white damage. unless a warlock has godly health, it's simply not in the game for him to win.

of course it's true that your dots are fucking insane, as ive been in AV enough to see some of the power locks have, but my simple point was that a good rogue with the jump on a warlock will decimate him as the game stands.

back to my first point, your logical fallacy lied in the fact that you claimed i must have fought some shitty locks because i win most of the time; whereas you claim that all rogues are fucking cake, because you win most of the time.

anyways, nice to see you again SS. would have been nice if we were all on the same server, but meh, people come and go in games i guess =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:31 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

All arguing aside, (and God I could argue that post for hours,)

1.) I don't use my succubus in PvP. I use my felhunter most of the time, and with detect invis and paranoia on it's very rare a rogue gets the jump on me.

2.) I do have a lot of health :P

3.) I think you're seriously underestimating a destruction 'lock's ability to control a fight and turn it around. Shadowfury is a 2 second stun, (which is more than enough to turn the tide of a fight,) Backlash gives us a 1/4 chance of another instant spell at out disposal, (not to mention another 3% chance to crit on top of ruin.) Pyroclasm if you feel so inclined is another 26% chance to stun using instant spells, (rain of fire or hellfire.) Add deathcoil/fear on top of that.

I'm well aware of what rogues are capable of, I'm just very aware of what I'm capable of as well.

I don't quite understand the difference between "domination" and "one-sided" :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:30 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Detect Invis Greater/lesser/Normal or any rank does not effect stealth detection. It's merely a tool to ward off a dispel of purge or if your in DM West. Felhunter gives at most, and this has been documented .7-1.2seconds of notice before a rogue is within range for a cheapshot. That is without MoD talents in the assassination tree of rogues. That is standing still however, if you are on the move you are much more likely to catch them stealthed before they can react fast enough. Once stunned however, if it's a good rogue you are dead if you dont have a succubus out. Succubus = Rogue/warrior killer - Felhunter = Magic class killer.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft