It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Patch, new talents, zomg?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:16 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

So, for those of you who still play...?

What's your new spec gonna be after the patch comes out, gooey details!

I'm probably going something close to 43/8/0 affliction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:46 am 

Fuck you on WoW. Come back to me now, forever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:15 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

First I want to try a Doomguard build on my lock for obvious reasons.

On my warrior Fury because i hear it's superb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:21 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Warriors got incredibly nerfed... Well at least if you are epic geared.

Fury tree is nice, but not nearly as good as Fury currently. It can get you large amounts of attack power, but your crit rate is nerfed as hell. They basically changed the 20-21 agi per 1% crit to 28-29 agi per 1% crit at lvl 60. And that in itself is a huge nerf, along with getting rid of reducing glancing blows with +skill.

I'm trying out the expansion beta right now, but there's no way to really get a feel for the warrior situation in raids, without raiding. Soooo waiting till this tuesday to figure out whether I got arms or fury.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:28 am 

I'm not sure if I want to go demonology at all, especially after they slapped it with the nerf bat a little bit.

This is according to one of my guild's beta'ing 'locks.

Fel guard is weaker, not too much weaker, but it doesn't hit like an 18 wheeler and actually takes damage now.

They cut back Soul Link to 20% damage exchanged.

It's really for the best, but it still sucks ;p

I was affliction spec leveling up, went to SM/DS for a while, then switched to DS/Ruin (9/21/21) now I'm ready to head back to my roots. It's also my understanding that the shadow embrace talent is going to work on your entire party, which will be -amazing-.

Malediction is also nice when mages are stroking their epeen and you can say, "You can thank me for that ;p"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:31 am 

Tooyooo wrote:

Rage normalization sucks for 2h fury from my understanding, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:11 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Shadowstalker wrote:
Tooyooo wrote:

I heard this as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:12 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I just recently started playing again, got a 30 lock on Stormreaver, not interested in my hunter right now so it'll be awhile before i can answer that question. >>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:24 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Shadowstalker wrote:
Tooyooo wrote:

Oh yeah, basically rage normalization makes 2H fury a crap spec. Because they normalize rage based on dmg and speed, and they actually take into account flurry.... so you get less rage per hit when flurry procs. Go figure.

Either way, its still, 2hander - MS, Dual wield - Fury. As to which one is better.... depends on the gear and your level. I think things get a bit better for Dual wield by lvl 70.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:02 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

This doesnt really get me interested in coming back to WoW. I might one day down the road when im REALLY bored, but not any time soon, Wii and X360 are going to pretty much take up all my time from now til next christmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:32 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yarr wrote:
This doesnt really get me interested in coming back to WoW. I might one day down the road when im REALLY bored, but not any time soon, Wii and X360 are going to pretty much take up all my time from now til next christmas.

...thanks for stopping by?

Anyways I've heard that Rampage greatly outshines any rage normalization nerf in fury. This was a long while ago, though. Can anyone confirm/deny the power of rampage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:57 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Rogues and druids need a nerf from what im hearing off of the Beta test and PTR. Druids can destroy anyone no matter what class in a matter of seconds sometimes. Rogues are basically invincible against caster types now, and Cloak of Shadows was just given to them. And of course warriors got a nerf, since when does a patch go by that there isnt a warrior nerf? It's the only class that actually functions well so it needs nerfs. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:50 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

dont make assumptions like all of the whiny noobs on blizzard forums that the mods have to ignore.

1. druids were improved extremely, and its very hard to kill the life tree form as a rogue, yes, but they're sure as hell not unstoppable. any paladin or shaman could destroy them, and professional rogues never fear druids.

2. rogues were never "basically invincible against caster types", but good rogues could dismiss noob casters, which are plentiful, very easily. cloak of shadows is extremely good, but, oh, wait, ice block mages can just sit right through it - both times, (if rogue uses prep), mage can use cold snap.
2.1 rogues vs mages is pure skill, neither is stronger
2.2 rogues vs warlocks is still one sided for rogues but warlocks did get a huge buff
2.3 rogues vs shamen, ehh... not even a challenge. shamen got buffed EXTREMELY but what good do buffs do when you're stun locked
2.4 rogues vs priests: harder for rogues, since priests got a few good skills, but cloak of shadows will decimate any priest now. that is, if rogues are willing to sacrifice assn tree mods for cloak
3. warriors got the shaft; no comment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:46 pm 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

in other news

id appreciate if the servers would actually come up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:20 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I have a big problem with people calling themselves "pro" online video gamers. I suppose it's because I hate gamefaq faggots but luckily there's not very many people on this forum that are like that. Well, there's one person but he only shows up for a few days ever month or so, ninja bumping the threads no one cares about with his stupid tripe. But who is it?

Rant o' the Day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:00 pm 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

Ponuh wrote:
I have a big problem with people calling themselves "pro" online video gamers. I suppose it's because I hate gamefaq faggots but luckily there's not very many people on this forum that are like that. Well, there's one person but he only shows up for a few days ever month or so, ninja bumping the threads no one cares about with his stupid tripe. But who is it?

Rant o' the Day

i love you too <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:17 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

It wasn't aimed at you, you stupid megalomaniac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:00 am 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

Ponuh wrote:
It wasn't aimed at you, you stupid megalomaniac.

O HAHAHA MY BAD LOL BUT REALLY I DO LOVE YOU PONUH PLZ UNBLOCK ME ON AIM <3333

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:21 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Ponuh wrote:
Anyways I've heard that Rampage greatly outshines any rage normalization nerf in fury. This was a long while ago, though. Can anyone confirm/deny the power of rampage?

Okay, well I did about 2 days of naxx raiding and pvp with my fury specced warrior (48 points in it and 3 for tact mastery).

I can say this much..... On lvl 60 mobs there is not that much of a dps nerf. The less rage gained means I can't spam heroic strike all the time, but that is made up by the crap loads more of attack power. With battle shout, rampage in berserker stance I have 2200 attack power. This means huge white dmg.

But if you compare it to killing bosses (lvl 63+) monsters, fury got SUPER nerfed. Before glancing blows wasn't that much of an issue for 2 reasons:
1- spamming heroic strike means alot of yellow dmg and crits. (impale too).
2- Only about 40% of my damage was "white".

Now after the patch, about 60-70% of my damage is white, since I am using my rage to hit Bloodthirst, WW and keep rampage up. (Rampage is a huge rage eater, pretty much eliminates heroic strike out of DPS).

So fighting patchwerk, b/c of glancing blows, i had 65% of my damage be white dmg, and 45% of THAT damage be glancing. GG.

I specced arms, and I'll admit it is less DPS on boss fights than fury (simply b/c of poor rage generation), but its marginally less dps. And compared to rogues, mages and warlocks, the difference in DPS isn't significant since warriors aren't a DPS focus anymore. (like hunters).

In the end? I'd pick Arms over Fury, Rampage is not as good as it sounds, it is battleshout with 1/2 the atk power, 1/4 the duration, 3X the rage cost.
And impale makes up for it a bit. Not to mention arms is sooo much better for PvP.... second wind, Mortal strike, imp. overpower... etc. But the general consensus still follows, warriors got shafted overall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:14 am 
Tough!
Tough!

I heard a lot of priests were switching to thier hunter/mage alts after the patch because they got super nerfed in pvp. Is this true? Because im trying to get into WoW before BC comes out and i wanted to roll an UD priest. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:31 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

goDeejay wrote:
I heard a lot of priests were switching to thier hunter/mage alts after the patch because they got super nerfed in pvp. Is this true? Because im trying to get into WoW before BC comes out and i wanted to roll an UD priest. :roll:

Not true. Shadow priests still eat face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:59 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Yeah, its not so much that shadow priests got nerfed, its that hunters, mages and locks got buffed in pvp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:19 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

goDeejay wrote:

Don't read anything anyone has to say on the Priest forums. Priests can destroy in PvP and it doesn't require alot of actions so it's a very easy class to start with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:00 am 

Koda wrote:
2.2 rogues vs warlocks is still one sided for rogues but warlocks did get a huge buff

You must PvP against some shitty warlocks then. Rogues are fucking cake, and I'm affliction spec'd. Destruction 'locks almost have their own form of stunlock now. It's kind of crazy, but I'm not really a fan of destruction and I've never been. After I hit 70 I might try a 17/0/44 build though for kicks.

I personally love this build I have now, (43/8/0). Even though it's mostly a raiding build, it does pretty decently in PvP. Shadow embrace is fucking hot for raiding, as is malediction. I've noticed a significant increase in my DPS compared to the 9/21/21 I was before. On top of that, shadow bolt spam was getting old and boring.

I am tempted to try demonology, but right now it's just too bleh and trendy. I see so many felguards it's ridiculous. They're pretty good, I guess, but still. Speaking of, banishing a felguard is ridiculously difficult, even with over 50 hit rating for spells, wtf. Even with 5 piece nemesis bonus, it shouldn't be that hard.

Tree druids are simply lolbanish. If Feral druids are stupid enough to attack me solo, they lose. I haven't run into any balance druids yet, so I have no idea.

Hunters I'm still working on. Assuming I actually remember to make a spellstone they aren't absolutely horrible; otherwise I'm generally fucked.

Anyway about Warriors:

Rampage seems to just compensate for what they changed. It's not a boost or anything.

Honestly I'm like meh whatever about the rage generation issue.

What I'm more concerned about is how screwed the mitgation seems to be. People writing posts about how 7/9 dreadnaught tanks are getting hit for 9500 on hateful strikes seems a bit disconcerting to me. We haven't even tried Patchwerk since the patch because of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:14 pm 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Lol well if you don't play a warrior you don't care about rage generation nerf.

As to the mitigation, its kind of annoying, but not crippling. It took us a few more healers than usual to down Patchwerk b/c of it. But still doable. We'll see how bad it is for Sapphiron, since he hits like a truck, and we can't sacrifice too many healers for just MT.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft