It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:45 am 
Even Match
Even Match

i always fuck up my getting in shape thing.. i would go to the gym.. or use the weight set i have at my house.. for a good hour and a half.. maybe ride a bike for a mile or so.. then come back here.. and drink, and get drunk..

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:54 am 
Tough!
Tough!

I've decided that i want to get get off my lazy ass and start going to the gym. My girlfriend needed money for school, and decided to join the military as a spanish linguist for 3 years to pay for it. She still has to go to boot camp for 2 months and she's all excited because she wants to lose weight and get in shape. I figure i'd try and look good for her when she comes back lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:06 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

<3 blizzard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:08 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

TOO SOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:39 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

My metabolism has always been slow, but I don't use that as excuse for why I gained the weight, as I obviously sat around playing games all day and didn't have the best eating habbits. But there are some who can fight off the weight gain a bit better though better genes. haha

So now I'm actually biking a buttload each day. I've lost 15 pounds since January 1st. I'm hoping to get back into better shape by June. It should be quite doable.

BTW, if you want to know how nerdy I am. I have my bike set up in a way where I can actually dual-box on WoW. I have my laptop set up on a chair beside me, and my desk on the other side. It's more like I'm just playing one char and have a few macros for my priest to act as a backup DoT/Wand person and will toss out a Prayer of Healing every now and then.

I'm running both through the outlands and making a buttload of gold doing 2x each of the quests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:41 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Biking in Oregon in January?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:13 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

o rly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:15 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ponuh wrote:
Biking in Oregon in January?

Maybe you missed the part where I said that I could dual box while biking. :P It's a stationary bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:11 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Ridere wrote:
I've lost 15 pounds since January 1st.

Wow, way to go Rid ^^ How've you been? I haven't seen you around much, did you deactivate Pintsize?

FFXI Blog
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:37 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I haven't been playing as much, now. So much drama in FFXI with my linkshell, and it sucks knowing that I won't be as far as I ever was with my other character.

I haven't cancelled the account, though. I probably will soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:01 am 
Tough!
Tough!

so is BC the bomb or what? been listening to the PC gamer podcast and all i hear is BC this and BC that... so im thinkin about comin back. and is it true that most of the endgame stuff pre expansion is pretty useless once u get in outland?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:41 am 
Even Match
Even Match

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! <3

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:27 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Yuri '-' iloveyoulol.

FFXI Blog
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:51 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

About endgame gear replacement it largely depends on class and how far you progressed. I.e. my Tier 3 priest didn't replace shit healing gear wise until 67+, and since I wa salso sportign aroudn 500 in spell dmg gear I only replaced my weaker slots ( neck cape rings) while in the early phases of leveling. My Warrior on the other hand with like 3 pieces of tier 1 and tier 2 found DPS upgrades almost immediately and tanking upgrades 63+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:49 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well when I started FFXI I weighed 180 lbs. Now I am about 160.. but I am flabbier than I was at 180 because I was working out then lol. So yeah I lost weight from FFXI (or just MMOs period) due to skipping meals, but mostly lost muscle (which weighs more than fat anyways) from just sitting on my ass and playing more games. The lowest my weight has ever gotten as an adult is 140 lbs (I was 20).. and that was doing XTC and other amphetamines which made me not sleep and have no appetite.

I am planning on rerolling as a Blood Elf or Draeni on an PvP server with some RL friends eventually (trying to push them to do Horde). One has a 60 Warrior on a PvE server and the other is a Lineage II veteran (76 TH, 66 SA, 60 SH). Might get Aalan to play with us along with a few other people in the Jacksonville area... or I will just go full time back to FFXI lol. Gonna gank Aalan's RNG if I do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:41 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

hmm, a major thing about the expansion is realizing the trivialty of it. try to focus on the fact that it needs to be taken in moderation, by obsessing over it you'll be as just as fucked up as we all were addicted to ffxi or normal WoW.

And yes, BC is amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:42 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well, I hit 70 on my Priest/Warlock duo over the weekend, so that was cool. Halaa PvP is pretty fun, too. I'm glad that they added stuff to allow people to do PvPing outside of battlegrounds, since world PvP is so much more fun.

Unfortunately, I really wish that they'd make the mainland flyable, as well. I know it'd be a lot of work to patch everything up, but I'm just so disappointed they didn't thinka bout that in advance when making the main two continents.

It kinda sucks having to carry around two mounts with you at all times. And I'd love to be able to fly around in azeroth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:44 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah I hear the flying mounts are great for the world PvP. At least there is good world PvP for 60+ people now with a neutral city to boot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:09 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Ridere wrote:
Well, I hit 70 on my Priest/Warlock duo over the weekend, so that was cool. Halaa PvP is pretty fun, too. I'm glad that they added stuff to allow people to do PvPing outside of battlegrounds, since world PvP is so much more fun.

Unfortunately, I really wish that they'd make the mainland flyable, as well. I know it'd be a lot of work to patch everything up, but I'm just so disappointed they didn't thinka bout that in advance when making the main two continents.

It kinda sucks having to carry around two mounts with you at all times. And I'd love to be able to fly around in azeroth.

The reason the mainland isnt flyable is because of the massive ganking that would ensue, you think Hillsbrad is bad now or any other place. lvl 70's flying around bored would make it almost impossible for low levels to quest. I think that is one of the reasons blizz put in so many world pvp objectives in Outland, to stop lvl 70's from just going around ganking others because they had nothing to do and didnt feel like BGing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:20 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Downed the Curator in Karazhan last night, t4 piece dropped for hunter, mage and lock. fucking mage won it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:30 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Anitha wrote:
Ridere wrote:

The reason the mainland isnt flyable is because of the massive ganking that would ensue, you think Hillsbrad is bad now or any other place. lvl 70's flying around bored would make it almost impossible for low levels to quest. I think that is one of the reasons blizz put in so many world pvp objectives in Outland, to stop lvl 70's from just going around ganking others because they had nothing to do and didnt feel like BGing.

Nah... I don't think ganking plays any role in it. I'd be willing to bet money that it is entirely based upon the fact that Blizz didn't have the foresight to think of fleshing out all of azeroth for flying mounts. There's lots of deadzones of unworked land that stretch between different zones (like the area between IF and SW.)

They're just too lazy to have someone fully devoted to working on fixing those little zones.

I see lots of 70's wandering about Azeroth as it is, so I don't know if flying mounts would make that worse. I do agree that they did add a lot of word pvp objectives in to try and keep them busy in the outland, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:52 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Severus wrote:
Downed the Curator in Karazhan last night, t4 piece dropped for hunter, mage and lock. fucking mage won it

Sev youre playing WoW now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:52 pm 

Yah I have a lvl 70 Warlock on Gorgonnash, alliance side. Name is Ioptex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:58 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

haha nice. I gave it a good run, but I just dont have time. Well, ok I do have time, I just dont think WoW gets that priority. Although the next Square MMO is probably going to hook me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:49 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Ridere wrote:

Nah... I don't think ganking plays any role in it. I'd be willing to bet money that it is entirely based upon the fact that Blizz didn't have the foresight to think of fleshing out all of azeroth for flying mounts. There's lots of deadzones of unworked land that stretch between different zones (like the area between IF and SW.)

They're just too lazy to have someone fully devoted to working on fixing those little zones.

I see lots of 70's wandering about Azeroth as it is, so I don't know if flying mounts would make that worse. I do agree that they did add a lot of word pvp objectives in to try and keep them busy in the outland, though.

There is a difference between being able to see someone mounted running towards you to gank you and having someone just swoop down out of nowhere and slam you. Not to mention there are areas that are not even open in Azeroth yet, so im pretty sure Blizz doesnt want people flying over them. There is Hyjal (Which ppl can get to but still), the area behind the wall in Silverpine, areas behind Scarlet Monastery, the area to the east of Loch Modan and wetlands, area below the badlands, and many other small areas. Also there are those little locations that you fly over all the time on flightpaths that are never accessible.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft