It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:18 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Ponuh wrote:
yeah but those are for children

Have you ever watched Berserk? OR Devilman? Not mention that shows liek Bleach and Inuyasha which maybe are marketed to children in japan do get a fairly subtainal portion of the teenage market if not the 18-24 one.

In short jsut cause its a cartoon doesn't mean its for a children/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:58 am 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

Vurin wrote:
Ponuh wrote:
yeah but those are for children

Have you ever watched Berserk? OR Devilman? Not mention that shows liek Bleach and Inuyasha which maybe are marketed to children in japan do get a fairly subtainal portion of the teenage market if not the 18-24 one.

In short jsut cause its a cartoon doesn't mean its for a children/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:43 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Salvage is a 18 player instance and drops gear that is arguably better than sky and 3 kings gear in most cases (nobody has beaten Salvage yet and its several months old, unlike most WoW instances). So you argument over 3 year gear being the best is pretty much moot now. The FFXI devs said in a recent interview that Salvage is just a minigame and the real ToAU endgame is coming in a upcoming update so yeah... FFXI is coming out with better gear and some of it is in an instanced environment. I think at most there are one or 2 people per server that have upgraded a piece of Salvage gear though lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:45 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

i was gonna post the same thing eternus, but i dont generaly like talking about things that i dont know alot about, but im deffinatley here to back you up on this argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:40 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Don't worry duders the REAL endgame for our real old expansion is coming up SOON!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:34 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

suspenseful anticipation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:10 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

<----- Used to think WoW was the devil, but my cousin made me try it although I was very reluctant

The screenshots of wow do not do it justice at all. For some reason it just looks shitty when screenshotted lol

Aside from that though, WoW has 2 problems.

Its character design is shitty. The men look like huge meat hunks, and its stupid. Even Blood elves now look that way (( but I got used to it )). Their face choices don't look any different in game, and some hair options are retarded. So looks wise, WoW needs alot of work. The vibrant colors I love, they make the game special. i think if WoW got a major graphics overhaul, it might make the character design look more like it was intended.

Secondly wow has only 9 playable job classes. COmpared to ffxi's 18 and eq2's however many it had (( alot )), wow falls short. But this does let wow balance the game easier, and I think thats why.

Because wow is really 2 games in 1. Its a pve game, there are hardcore pve people who join huge 40+ raid instances with their guilds and love to trample shit like that, and enjoy whatever storyline blah blah, and get the godly high end gear

WoW is also a pvp game, and IMO, the best pvp mmo out right now. 4 different CROSS REALM battlegrounds, the the BGs really are fun, (( Warsong Gulch happens to be my favorite )) each having different goals and obstacles to win, aside from killing people, lol. Cross realm basically means you will never sit there and wait too long to play, theres always someone who wants to fight with you from a different server. And theres also world pvp ofcourse, where you just can kill anyone you randomly see lol in your server. Sometimes factions like to invade opposing faction citys, its funny lol. I remember someone saying they saw like 40 Horde on the little darnassus boat lol and they were all whistling lol

-Warsong Gulch is like a capture the flag, 10 on 10, very skill involved.
-Arathi Basin is like. . .you have to take and hold 5 enemy bases, and it gets your team points, whoever has 1800 first wins (( or was it 1900, . . )) lol
-Alterac valley is a full on War. its like 40 vs 40 and the goal is to kill the enemy's general first. Alterac valley is HUGE by the way, it used to last days at a time
And the newest with the expack, I havent done it yet. Its called eye of the storm I think? Dunno what you do in it.

Theres also ARENAs, where you test your 2v2 3v3 and 5v5 skills against other teams, you have your special little team too and you compete to be the best for really good rewards and a fast as hell flying mount

Anyways back on topic. Its hard to balance even 9 classes for both pvp and pve. But BLizzard is doing a good job and they will probably add more classes when they feel they can balance it decent enough.

Ffxi has shit pvp. the jobs are not balanced at ALL, and no one ever plays it. In the end thats why I quit ffxi, lack of pvp. If they had cross server pvp i might have stayed. But I remember leveling up my dragoon to 75 soley for pvp and then when I hit 75 NO ONE was doing it at all, only a few diorama ghelshba games with select friends. But the actual organized pvp schedualed never happened.

Ffxi's design is nice ofcourse, but we all think that because most of us like anime and are not used to WoWs american design when coming from a japanese game lol

As far as roleplaying, I dont know anyone in any mmo who actually roleplays, especially not in ffxi. There are roleplaying servers on WOW< but I dont know if people actually roleplay on them lol. SO I never took anyone seriously who actually cares about storyline, I always spammed scrolled through that shit because I play for the pvp and fighting, if I want some dumbass half hearted story i'll go read harry potter or something lol

Ill never forget that Keston guy, I was in a really nice merit pt with him, and like in the first 5 minutes he says he has to go because he had to defend Al Zahbi from the monsters. . . .I was like. . . are you joking. . .? lol He broke up a great party after like 5 minutes just to do some retarded al zahbi besieged or whatever it was called. I just thought that was retarded, but I'm anti-storyline in MMOs so whatever. Lol and I will be until people in RPG MMOs actually start roleplaying

EDIT: and how could I forget. . . . . .

WoW you can do whatever you want, on your OWN time. you can log on and immediately get shit done.

In FFXI You need 5-18 people to get just about almost ANYTHING done in the game. EXP? Need people. BCNM? Need people. NMs? Good ones need people.

Its just bullshit, SE's " WORK TOGETHER HERP EACHOTHER!" mindset, I wanted to shoot them in the face by the time I quit.

in WOW I Exp alone, better infact that I would with a group, because I rely on my own skill, not theirs. I Farm gold alone easily, With my hunter I can take on Named Elite monsters my same level easily, quests are cake to solo, WoW is a very independant game.

Sure you can have friends to do shit with, do 5 man partys for exp and instances, and get good exp that way. But you dont HAVE to. you get a choice!.

End game WOW now, at 70 is really fucking awsome. Before, at 60, the best gear came from 20-40 person raids from really hard instances. And so casual players couldnt really get the great gear. And wow is heavily reliant on gear, so this inbalanced the game somewhat.

At 70, in Burning crusade, they added Mostly 5 man instances, some 10 man, and I think only 1 25 man.

SO tier 4 and 5 awsome epic gear come from mostly 5 man raids. This is. Godly. What it means is, 5 close friends who work together with good skill can have a shot at the uber gear, and it wont be just given to hardcore pve junkies in huge 40 man raiding guilds.

So basically, everyone end game has acess, no excuses, to the same gear. So the unbalanced should be fixed

edit again:

Basically WoW is better than ffxi in my opinion. For both PVE and PVP. Unless ofcourse you enjoy hunting the same monster every day at a certain time camping against people who bot

Although I'll be quitting WoW when the monster rancher MMO is release in US tho ^-^y Nothing compares to a pet game mmo for me hehehee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:34 pm 
Eater of cow souls

Madisonli wrote:
The men look like huge meat hunks

WHO IS THIS BEEFCAKE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:36 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Trolls don't count r-tard.

Humans, night elves, and Blood elf males are what the beef cake comment is for.

The rest of the horse are supposed to look that way, orcs and tauren, lol. And trolls and undead are fine (( although gross lol ))

edit; lol I called horde horse, haha

And by the way J, my windserpent PWNS yours in the ass, mines name is " CelineDion" lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:39 pm 
Eater of cow souls

trolls look so cool lol. no shoes ftw ! i'm tempted to reinstall the game, and get the expansion. these bastards are making it very easy :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:43 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

lollllll Blizzard is eviiiilll Join my server and play with my blood elf j <3 Emerald-Dream ftw, its a pvprp so Im gonna see if people actually rp on it. If not i'm gonna transfer him to a different server lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:34 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yes Ultimaj definitely seems like a roleplayer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:55 pm 
Eater of cow souls

bloodninja: Ok baby, we got to hurry, I don't know how long I can keep it ready for you.
j_gurli3: thats ok. ok i'm a japanese schoolgirl, what r u.
bloodninja: A Rhinocerus. Well, hung like one, thats for sure.
j_gurli3: ok lets go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:10 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

LMFAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:07 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

LMao I wish i could find that one cyber thing I read one time that the guy said hes a rhinocerous and the girl is like yea baby lol

but when they start the guy is all like

" /stomps around stoutly to mark his territory "

and the girl is like " ok thats kinda weird" lol and the guy continues to cyber as a rhinocerous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:29 am 
Eater of cow souls

j_gurli3: i put my hand through ur hair, and kiss u on the neck.
bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.
j_gurli3: haha, ok, u know that turns me on.
j_gurli3: i start unbuttoning ur shirt.
bloodninja: Rhinoceruses don't wear shirts.
j_gurli3: No, ur not really a Rhinocerus silly, it's just part of the game.
bloodninja: Rhinoceruses don't play games. They f*cking charge your ass.
j_gurli3: stop, cmon be serious.
bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.
bloodninja: I stomp my feet, the dust stirs around my tough skinned feet.
j_gurli3: thats it.
bloodninja: Nostrils flaring, I lower my head. My horn, like some phallic symbol of my potent virility, is the last thing you see as skulls collide and mine remains the victor. You are now a bloody red ragdoll suspended in the air on my mighty horn.
bloodninja: Goddam am I hard now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:43 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

OMG, what the hell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:39 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

hahahah J i love you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:15 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

so old!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:08 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Ponuh wrote:
so old!

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:19 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Eternus wrote:
Salvage is a 18 player instance and drops gear that is arguably better than sky and 3 kings gear in most cases (nobody has beaten Salvage yet and its several months old, unlike most WoW instances). So you argument over 3 year gear being the best is pretty much moot now. The FFXI devs said in a recent interview that Salvage is just a minigame and the real ToAU endgame is coming in a upcoming update so yeah... FFXI is coming out with better gear and some of it is in an instanced environment. I think at most there are one or 2 people per server that have upgraded a piece of Salvage gear though lol.

So your saying that in 2 expansions, 3 if you count Zilart, gear is ARGUABLY better then what was in the game way back when? Yeah a lot of people beat the instances in WoW quite fast, but they still have much more to put in as well. This was their first expansion and they have done a very good job with it so far. The areas far surpass expectations and so do the quests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:24 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

People work at WoW instances a shit ton. Guilds full of people who have absolutely no life (i.e Anitha) 3-5 nights a week for hours on end trying to move further into dungeons. The content is devoured quickly but the amount of time people put into it is really inhuman and disgusting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:22 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Ponuh wrote:
People work at WoW instances a shit ton. Guilds full of people who have absolutely no life (i.e Anitha) 3-5 nights a week for hours on end trying to move further into dungeons. The content is devoured quickly but the amount of time people put into it is really inhuman and disgusting.

It's just as crazy as people sitting around camping Nidhogg and Behemoth over and over, or running sky. It's an MMO so what do you expect? I like the little jab, think what you want to think while your trolling around pretending to be popular in school. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:36 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

lol Ignore ponuh, his only purpose in life is to respond to literally every single thread on this forum even if it has absolutely nothing to do with him or anything he is remotely interested in, just to be annoying and to get attention because most likely no one irl gives a shit about him, lol. PONUH SIT AND SPIN MY FRIEND :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:44 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Madisonli wrote:
lol Ignore ponuh, his only purpose in life is to respond to literally every single thread on this forum even if it has absolutely nothing to do with him or anything he is remotely interested in, just to be annoying and to get attention because most likely no one irl gives a shit about him, lol. PONUH SIT AND SPIN MY FRIEND :D

What did I do to gain your hate? Besides call you an androgynous superficial fuck, I mean.

edit: also obnoxious as hell

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft