It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:12 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

does grouping become effecient for exp ever? i'm almost level 14 around stormwind/ironforge and still nobody will talk to me. I'd like to try some instances, but idk what to look for.

my friend is partying with me on horde side, which is fun, but when hes not on, its like i'm single playering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:49 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Armani wrote:
does grouping become effecient for exp ever? i'm almost level 14 around stormwind/ironforge and still nobody will talk to me. I'd like to try some instances, but idk what to look for.

my friend is partying with me on horde side, which is fun, but when hes not on, its like i'm single playering

Lol, yes it does. Unlike Guild Wars, you've skill got 98% of the game left in front of you. Keep soloing and questing for awhile. The first instance is Deadmines at 20 or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:08 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

meh I just do RFC close to that level with a group... good news you can do level 19 WSG and get raped by twinked alliance rogues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:09 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Eternus wrote:
meh I just do RFC close to that level with a group... good news you can do level 19 WSG and get raped by twinked alliance rogues.

i thought he was alliance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:14 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

uh he said his friend was partying with him on horde side lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:22 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Eternus wrote:
uh he said his friend was partying with him on horde side lol

"i'm almost level 14 around stormwind/ironforge"

I think they're actually leveling across factions... but I'm pretty sure that proves he's alliance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:03 am 
Spammer, to the max!

13/14 alliance
5/6 horde

i don't remember what levels they are exactly. i got yelled at for rolling on shit yesterday though, haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:28 pm 
People in WoW sure are greedy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:13 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

yeah, some shaman took two pieces to a set that would've really helped me out on rouge :'(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:37 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

for a warrior, which talent tree should i start out with that will be the most effective in a group situation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:00 pm 
can someone tell me a good preist build? i just started one and i wanna know where to distribute talent points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:28 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

5/5 spirit tap in shadow tree is a must for leveling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:13 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Armani wrote:
for a warrior, which talent tree should i start out with that will be the most effective in a group situation?

any of them. you're still thinking in an ffxi mindset. you don't need to worry about speccing in groups until no earlier than 40 or 50.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:41 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Armani wrote:

Start with the talent tree of picking a different class. Warriors are a pain in the ass to level as your first job and at 70 they are the most gimped class right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:57 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Meh warriors are fine, yes they are prolly slightly more troublesome to level than anything other than a poorly spec'd druid or priest, but if he wants to play that class there's nothing wrong with it as a choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:26 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

No, play the job that you want because people who always say "This is gimp shit at 70 never play it goddd" are retarded. WoW is simple; you can play any class with great success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:29 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Ponuh wrote:
No, play the job that you want because people who always say "This is gimp shit at 70 never play it goddd" are retarded. WoW is simple; you can play any class with great success.

The entire community of World of Warcraft agree that at level 70 a warrior is not worth as much as every other class. They are a class that is balanced from the highest end gear they can obtain, which they NEED to be able to preform on par with everyone else. Warrior is a painful class to level as your first job and solo. It has no healing ability, it is a melee class (WoW caters to casting classes more then melee), and it is extremely gear dependant. It's a fun class later on but it's a pain to level. Make sure you skill up first aid and get a ton of cloth because you'll need it. I'm not saying "Dont even think of leveling the class", im just saying what is common knowledge.

Edit: Also Red mana sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:52 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Anitha wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

The entire community of World of Warcraft agree that at level 70 a warrior is not worth as much as every other class. They are a class that is balanced from the highest end gear they can obtain, which they NEED to be able to preform on par with everyone else. Warrior is a painful class to level as your first job and solo. It has no healing ability, it is a melee class (WoW caters to casting classes more then melee), and it is extremely gear dependant. It's a fun class later on but it's a pain to level. Make sure you skill up first aid and get a ton of cloth because you'll need it. I'm not saying "Dont even think of leveling the class", im just saying what is common knowledge.

don't listen to arlania.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:37 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Ponuh wrote:
Anitha wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

don't listen to arlania.

:roll: What's your highest level character and how long have you played Ponuh, or do you just think you know everything there is in this world because your 14yrs old and read some forums? Look at the name of the thread and check on the name. Next level a warrior from 1 to 70. Then level another job to lvl 70 that is a caster. Now level another one that is melee and can heal. Done? Good now tell me im wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:42 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I leveled both my Priest and warrior and its totally true that when TBC came out my priest hit 64 without ever dying (outside of an instance group), but my warrior died 3-4 times just doing his first series of quests in Hellfire P.

Eventually it got better as I pimped out my TBC gear and started duoing with my druid buddy, so now my warrior probably out damage my priest by a fair bit (especially with all the magic/shadow resistant shit in the later zones) but its still no contest in terms of steady consistent damage that also heals me to full, and with no downtime, not to mention how much more easily my priest can take on 2-3 targets ( albeit that takes mana most times)

This was also pretty much the case from 1-60 although the overpoweredness of my priest was prolly less pronounced when I never had any damage gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:26 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I have leveled a paladin warrior and warlock to 60. I've sold them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:26 pm 
DL Hughley

Why does anyone buy accounts in this game if it's so ridiculously easy to level and you can run raids 10 times a night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:43 am 
Spammer, to the max!

I plan on leveling my warrior with zil most of the time, and I have that rogue for when hes gone.

I miss ffxi somtiems :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:37 am 
hey. thats me.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft