It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Help teh noob time
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:22 am 
Spammer, to the max!

I'm buying the retail version tonight and will prolly start next week.

I definitely want to be alliance, probably a night elf. The only question I have right now is which jobs would be easiest to group in?

I've been reading around, and based on what I like, I want to pick warrior, rogue, or hunter. I don't care much for tanking, but can do it if I have to (liked warrior for dd on FFXI), always liked ranger but couldn't afford it on FFXI or PSU (go figure), and rogue sounds kinda fun, and I can always run if I mess up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:26 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Rogue lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:47 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

ROgue, but I hate rogues they think they are so sneaky and special , trying to sneak up on me only to be frozen in a big block of ice 2 seconds later, wich then I proceed to BW and TBW and kite their asses to hell.

Or if I'm on my druid I just pop rejuvi, bear form, stun, fearie fire him so he cant turn stealthypoo, kittykat away, heal up, and go back and kill him lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:00 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

warrior = tank unless you fury spec. and more than likely before you get to 60 or 70, you will want to be tank just so ppl will let you go w/ them for instances. or atleast thats how it was for me when i was playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:06 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

People are going to want you to tank if you are a warrior eventually (protection spec usually). Rogues aren't tanks, but they can in a pinch when leveling. Hunters are like a mix of RNG and BST if that makes sense to you. Really Rogue just wtf pwns damage wise and they have good survivability. You won't be asked to tank as a rogue either. Warrior is good damage wise, but I was hearing they seemingly were going to get nerfed somewhat in the expansion. I am not sure if that is true though. Really no class sucks in WoW and they are somewhat balanced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:13 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I hear alot of warriors complaining, but Im not exactly sure what was done to cause it. Druids can supposedly tank better then warriors now but rest assured if thats true, it won't be for long, but anyways if you don't like tanking, I wouldnt go with warrior because thats pretty much what they do in PVE, is tank lol. ROgue is pure dps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:17 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

NO, druids cannot tank better than warriors despite every druid on the planet shouting that constantly. You probably heard that on the druid forums because they're convinced that druids nuke better than mages, heal better than priests and tank better than warriors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:30 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Druids dont nuke better than mages or heal better than preists, but Bear form is pretty over powered right now so I wouldnt be surprised if they actually did tank better than warriors, are you aware at how ridiculously large the hp of a bear druid who is geared well is?

I can't say its true or not, but neither can you, so don't make your statements seem like pure fact. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:31 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

You can have all the HP in the world but druids don't have the hate keeping abilities warriors have

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:32 pm 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

I'll have to actually ackup Madison on this one, I'm a lvl 70 warrior with decent gear, and I run up to 16K HP buffed (10 mans), and 13K armor.

Druids with slightly worse gear (difficulty wise) can easily push 18K HP buffed, and 19K armor.

Warriors are still useful in mitigating damage though, since parry and we generally have more defense skill than druids (until there's better itemization for druid tanks). And warriors can mitigate a lot of spell dmg with def. stance + spell reflect.

At this point in the game, druid / warrior tanks are both good, and in a sense, situational.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:52 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Im a feral night elf druid, and its fun when i have a druid only guild, and a 67 druid friend I've gotten to 27 so far, completely solo, and its been kinda fun. the only thing i hate about druid is trying to play healer on instances with idiots. just like WHM i get blamed when they run off and die and i cannot see them, so yes WoW has the same Retards FFXI has.

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:02 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

aw, i hate the ffxi retards, but they're not as bad as the GW ones. I guess I could try tanking on warrior, since I wanna make a blood elf eventually and they can't be those. I was looking on the internet today and saw that fury spec and stuff, but I prolly won't understand it until I see it. I thought it was something like the skills on diablo II, but idk.

i'm just hoping to be able to do well in a party while learning so if i mess up it won't kill everyone.
thanks for the replies though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:04 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

My druid is feral spec but I'm thinking about changing to BOOMKIN spec because I'm tired of people calling me OP and theres too many feral droods now lol. PLus I've always wanted to cats 5k Starfires :D lol well maybe if I ever got the gear to do it ;-; I need a major gear overhaul if I wanna play balance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:19 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

i want to try other jobs too, i had a lvl 11 Gnome Lock that was kinda fun, and hunter looks cool to but i really cannot say i wanna do the starting quests for Gnome or Dwarf again, hell even NE.

I was so pissed when the warlock guy sent me to SW! my friend had me go from Darnassus to SW on my NE so ive dont the shit already, but i guess atleast i know what to kill right?

WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:37 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Druids are pretty good tanks in BC, paladins are as well. BG has had a druid tank all of their Kara fights so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Can you change skill points or whatever around after you've spent them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:10 am 
Eater of cow souls

yeah but it costs money to change them. and the amount it costs goes up the more you do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:04 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I would recommend playing a hunter. the class is very easy to get into as a new player but has a lot of depth and tricks you can use as you advance. Their DPS is fine, their group utility is average, and they can do quite well in Pvp due to the long range and armor ignoring nature of some of their attacks.

but honestly any class is fine, but personally leveling as a warrior is something of a pita and definitely slower than many classes, and the only way to speed it up is to tank in instances and get better gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:15 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

you can reset the talent points by talking to one of your class trainers the first reset was 1gold next is 5gold and then it goes up by 5 so 1g 5g 10g 15g 20g and i dont know if it ever caps out or resets

WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:01 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Armani wrote:
Can you change skill points or whatever around after you've spent them?

Talents don't actually determine most skills. It isn't like Diablo II. It just determines some crucial ones and shapes what area of a class you focus on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:00 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I'm prolly going to start out as a rogue, then be a hunter when I get the expansion.

Do you learn skills as you level up, then make them better with talents?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:49 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Armani wrote:
I'm prolly going to start out as a rogue, then be a hunter when I get the expansion.

Do you learn skills as you level up, then make them better with talents?

Every 2 lvls are new abilites, you get talent points from lvl 10 on. At lvl 61-70 you learn abilites every level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:41 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

so theres 40 abilities?
and are talent points like the diablo II skill tree then? i remember playing around on the website with something that looked similar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:26 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Armani wrote:
so theres 40 abilities?
and are talent points like the diablo II skill tree then? i remember playing around on the website with something that looked similar

Quote:
Talents don't actually determine most skills. It isn't like Diablo II. It just determines some crucial ones and shapes what area of a class you focus on.

I said that two posts up you dick haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:49 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

http://www.thottbot.com Click classes and that may help

WoW

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft