It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:50 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Talent points give you exclusive skills, the ones that really matter in the long run. Speccing a certain way gives you abilites that other ways wont. You have 41 talent points before expansion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:15 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Ponuh wrote:
Armani wrote:
so theres 40 abilities?
and are talent points like the diablo II skill tree then? i remember playing around on the website with something that looked similar

Quote:
Talents don't actually determine most skills. It isn't like Diablo II. It just determines some crucial ones and shapes what area of a class you focus on.

I said that two posts up you dick haha.

That still doesn't explain what I was looking at, but anyways, thanks for sorta helping?

I think I understand now, at least basically how it works. Guess I'll find out soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:23 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

What the hell do you mean? I said "It isn't like Diablo II" and you said, two posts after, " are the talent points like diablo II then?" how did I not explain it the first time? No, it was a yes or no question lol.

Anyways I don't want to argue; i have places to go and buttered legs of lamb to eat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:36 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I thought you meant you don't learn skills like on diablo II, where you put the points on the tree and such. Then Anitha said you learn skills every 2 levels, so I thought talents might've been the thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:56 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

think of talent points like a flow chart, with a grid like this

Ability 1 ability 2 ability 3

Improved ability1 ability 4 ability5

so Ability 1 2 3 can have points put in them as soon as you have a talent point(every time you level from 10+) but improved ability 1 might require 3 points in ability 1 before it unlocks and ability 4 or 5 could say (must have 10 points used on this tab) so you would have to do

Ability 1 (3points) ability 2 (however many you want) Ability 3 (however many you want)

if those add up to 10 Ability 4 and 5 would be unlocked, so you can put a point in them if you wish.

Maybe this will help a tad bit

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:01 am 
Spammer, to the max!

oh, ok, so you only have to put points to move down, except for the arrow ones then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:04 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

You should really just play the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:40 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Im not sure how the arrow ones work yet since im not that high yet but basically you choose what you want, and it can unlock new stuff or it can be pumped up

WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:53 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Ponuh wrote:
You should really just play the game.

Still don't have it yet, should have it tomorrow morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:10 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Arrows in the talent point charts mean that you have to learn the skill at the beginning of the arrow and put all the points in it you can before you can learn the skill at the end of the arrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:08 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Is there any penalty for getting skills from skill trainer's other than spending a lot of money?

And is it possible to put any skill above the xp bar? When I got stealth it was put there, and I want to put shadowmeld there if I can also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:11 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

You just spend money on skills is all, you can put abilites on you actionbar whereever you want. The Stealth Icon is a stance bar though so only it will be there. If you go into advanced options from interface you can open up more action bars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:35 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Buy every skill. There's no "skill points" that you can overfill or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:44 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Ok, I didn't know if there'd be a limit on the amount of skills or not. I can only get maybe 5 right now, and they don't seem to be worth it with the money I got. Almost level 10 though, /hurray.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:48 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

buy all of them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:53 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

You said you were a rogue right? Buy all your skills then really. Some classes dont need to buy every skill because some are worthless, like Drain Soul over rank 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:12 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

How do I make bandages? :'( I've been asking in darnassus and turns out the alliance people are jackasses. I bought the skill thing or w/e from the trainer, but I can't figure out what to do with my linen.

Also, I'd like to know how I can use swords on rogue, thanks.

And how i mine fish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:05 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Armani wrote:
How do I make bandages?

Go to your general tab ('P' --> General) and hit the First Aid button which will look like a red blood droplet. Select what you want to make, and if you have the materials to make it, the "Create" key will become availible.

Armani wrote:
Also, I'd like to know how I can use swords on rogue, thanks.

Night Elf? Go to Darnassus and talk to a Gate Gaurd, ask where the "Weapon Master" is. They will put a marker on your map, speak with the marked NPC and select "Swords" then hit train(will cost like 10s). If Swords is not availible, hit the second choice from the trainer (which reads "What can other trainers teach me?") and read the little paragraphs saying who teaches what. You may have to go to another alliance main city.

Armani wrote:
And how i mine fish?

Go fishing? Get fishing ability and select it out of your general tab like first aid. Click on the bobber when it moves to reel in your fishy.

FFXI Blog
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:56 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

seriously fishing sucks you get a pole and you equip it, then flick the Fish button much like firstaid and then when the bobber jumps you have to click it fast or the catch gets away dont even try it.

Learn skinning or minning Kill a monster, loot it and right click it again to skin it, or see a copper vein, right click it to mine it, just make sure you have a Skinning Knife or Pickaxe in your inventory, they are not consumed like in FFXI ive had my skinning knife for a while now.

I like skinning for a few reasons 1. i give the cheaper stuff to my friend who got me started, since he is a leatherworker, 2. when you skin the stuff you kill the corpse disappears 3. you can skin monsters others have looted and left sitting around. it hasnt made me a ton of money yet, but im sure it will as soon as i move up some more levels.

WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:06 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Skinning/Mining makes a bunch. I made 70g leveling my hunter from 1-20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:25 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Fishing isn't so bad. Although, you won't make much cash off of the fish like you can in FFXI. I sat around fishing for quite some time, and netted like 20s c.c

I highly suggest a mule for herbalism. Create a Human or Undead depending on your allegiance and get herbalism/alchemy. Use the track flower ability or w/e to find Silverleaf which sells quite well per stack. (Silverleaf is most abundant in human/undead starting areas). You can easily do this with a lv10 or so, depending on how far you wander to find the plant.

FFXI Blog
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:07 am 
Spammer, to the max!

thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:42 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Hunter does make a good starting class but if you do that, please please PLEASE don't be a melee hunter. Just recently getting my Shaman from 1-61 i have seen more melee hunters than i ever expected to. It's a ranged class meant to be played at a range. Warlock makes a decent starter class too but recently there's been a huge influx of them due to their "overpowered" abilities. Pretty soon i can see a few changes to fix that.

Druid, Shaman, Paladin, and Priest(duh) almost always get pegged as healing classes endgame as well. So if you don't want to heal, don't play one. The main Damage classes are Rogues, Mages, and Hunters, and Warlocks to a lesser extent but they seem to be around more for utility than damage. Druids, paladins, and warriors are all capable of tanking too. WoW tends to be a game built on hybrids. Pretty much every class can fill more than one role in the right spec with the right gear. Mind you this is all PvE/endgame/instance/raid talk. In PvP it's an entirely different story. I'm really not that good at it so i'll let someone else explain later.

Also be careful in server selection. On a PvP server, people can and will attack you on sight, often people 10+ lvls higher than you that you cannot hope to beat. So if you get frustrated easily, pick a PvE server. although it's not quite as much fun sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:10 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

i noticed how I have unarmed skill, and can learn bow and fist. would it be efficient to try to keep all capped? i like throwing, though it prolly isn't a good source of damage, and i hear fist weapons are rare and don't wanna have a 1/xxx skill forever. i don't go out of my way to cap unarmed, but i try to keep it close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:12 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Hunters are pretty fucking annoying with guns and crossbows. Meleeing as a hunter is gimp.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft