It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:24 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:27 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I played on Pc buddy. And obviously i'm hitting a nerve with you for some reason. I'm not picking fights with you, more like discussing and disagreeing with you.
Fact of the matter is Final Fantasy on pc was built around the ps2 in mind. The texture work is lower res on pc you can however raise the rez and it merely sharpens the muddy graphics. As for wow. The game was built for pc, so it will look as good as the card thats running can possibly display, and can be upscaled. I options that opened up for my graphics now with my new card that i didn't have before i prior set up.
I don't play either of these games and I have an opinion for both. I hate neither of them. But you are giving ff the thumbs up yet avidly play WoW lol. I don't get it. What is your pc set up anyway? Just wondering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:30 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

omfg listen madi. Listen for a sec. Open your mind. Did you know that the way WoW was designed was intentional?
That they could have made the graphics much better much more realistic, but it wouldn't have worked because it didn't follow the style made for warcraft 3!~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:34 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I'm giving ffxi the thumbs up but avidly playing wow because i'm not a hypocrit. I always have argued against wow's ugly over-steroided design and I always will. and before, that was the only reason stopping me from playing wow over ffxi. But I couldnt stand ffxi's lack of good pvp so I decided my having fun was more important than ffxi looking a ton better than wow.

So I just get used to wow and stay in cat form so I don't have to look at how ugly my character is.

Like I said before, I'll be tossing wow in a heartbeat when my monster farm online mmo comes out. Pet MMO ftw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:36 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

omfg listen mikey do you think I care they are trying to make the design follow warcraft 3? lol.

Obviously they can do alot better judging by their vision of what wow should look like in their CGI scenes, I'm not denying that,

But warcraft 3 is disgusting, and wow is disgusting (( graphic and design wise. ))

I'm sorry thats just my opinion and It will never change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:39 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Madisonli wrote:
I'm giving ffxi the thumbs up but avidly playing wow because i'm not a hypocrit. I always have argued against wow's ugly over-steroided design and I always will. and before, that was the only reason stopping me from playing wow over ffxi. But I couldnt stand ffxi's lack of good pvp so I decided my having fun was more important than ffxi looking a ton better than wow.

So I just get used to wow and stay in cat form so I don't have to look at how ugly my character is.

Like I said before, I'll be tossing wow in a heartbeat when my monster farm online mmo comes out. Pet MMO ftw!

There are more reasons why you left, and it wasnt for pvp admit it sir!.
Lack of content drama because of content. Virtual waiting lines.
And you know what. I have to say. Wow has the biggest if not the greatest amount of idiots morons and retards all in one server a time. Rude to boot. Lack of strong community too. Lots shallow people. FF filters because of the way its plays. Work hard get a little something, act like a tard nobody will help you and your gonna be bored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:45 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Uhm. . .well, the only reasons I left ffxi were. . .lack of good pvp, my pet classes sucking at pvp because SE never cared to balance it (( wich is fine concidering ffxi isn't a pvp game )), and um. . .Thats all really. Oh and that I needed help for god damned everything I wanted to do pve wise. I hated SE's HERP EACHOTHAR, WORK TOGETHAR! mindset. I had almost everything in ffxi I ever wanted, all pet classes to 75 (( except for pup wich I would have lvled had I not quit for wow )), great gear for each class, had me a homam corazza on my drg, dunno if thats still good but it was pretty hot back then lol, I had all my friends, (( ffxi has a great community )) so there wasn't really any other reason i quit except that I thrive on fighting and I needed pvp *shrug*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:54 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

of all classes i always thought beastmasters needed something more. I thought it was a great solo class. But it needed something more. Strength wise, something that gave it a real edge.
I mean the pet charming thing was really cool. at first i thought a pet would give a bst basically the power to topple an entire party with his charmed pet lol. But it ended up not being true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:25 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

IMO ffxi was the MMORPG of MMORPGs, it was immense, time consuming, and the cutscenes and overall story of everything from equips to synths to even the skill required for killing mobs blows WoW out of the water. Even getting weapons, artifacts, dynamis, Sky, Sea, everything had this immersive, interesting story and involved some crazy strategy (and sadly, time).

However, playing ffxi now would never yield the same fun because party demand is so low now (find yourself seeking hours and hours), travel and game slowness is incredibly snail's pace and the level grind always was stupidly atrocious (not to mention RMT occupancy). The shitty part about ffxi was always the level grind and the demand for a full 6 person party in order to do much of anything. Yet the need for a group almost made it necessary for a community and a reputation to develop. Of course this kind of mattered more in ffxi than in WoW. However, ffxi made me more online friends than Wow ever did, and probably ever could.

Now ffxi is an old and dying game. WoW capitalized on "instanced areas," lock "summoning" for parties, and just the ease of use. Crafting in WoW was almost pointless unless you had a rare recipe. Not knowing anything or anyone in Wow and it was still playable, now knowing anyone or anything about ffxi and you were screwed. Wow kept me playing it for a few months to get an idea of everything it had to offer. Ffxi kept me playing it forever to fully experience everything it had to offer. Even exploring new areas in ffxi was somewhat more fun. Overall I loved playing ffxi more, sure it was a timesink but ffxi was "the game" that led me to meet you guys. An accomplishment in ffxi owned just about any accomplishment in Wow.

WoW was awesome for its overall pick-up and playability. I enjoyed the PVP, the instances, and just how easy and user-friendly the game was. Yet I found myself reaching high level and feeling rather disappointed. There really wasn't much of a story in the terms of cutscenes, you just ran around and read a scroll, did a mission, then turned it in for xp and/or an item. The end-game monsters and even the monsters you solo'd were awesome (fuck xping on crabs and caterpillers) but at the top of the game you would get attuned for places and have the same (if not worse) feeling ffxi always gave you in terms of raid nights and acquiring equips you wanted.

Ffxi felt like an incredible adventure overall whereas Wow felt to me like "level-here, get this item, "ooooo, kill the dwarf! kill the dwarf!" BGs were fun but when I played the que to enter was forever (this was before the fix) but in terms of overall immersive adventure and experience ffxi definitely owned Wow in this area.

To me ffxi will always be that "incredible game of all games I wasted a lot of time off my life that I would never have the time (nor waste the time) to play again. Wow will be "that mmo game I picked up for a few months, liked it, had fun, and may play again in spare time (unlikely, but who knows)."

This is such an opinion based subject but if years from now someone asked me which game I enjoyed more overall I'd definitely say ffxi. If someone asked me which game I'd ever play again or if someone was new to mmorpg and wanted something fun to pick up I'd definitely say Wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:24 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

WORST DEBATE EVER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:24 pm 
Eater of cow souls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:10 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

actually I retract my statement of the environment being good, the buildings and shit are botchy and boxy too, yucky lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:39 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

thats the way blizzard wanted it to be.. believe me, its not cause they are talentless 3D/CG artists..

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:04 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Madisonli wrote:
actually I retract my statement of the environment being good, the buildings and shit are botchy and boxy too, yucky lol

then you must have a low end pc to be making those statements lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:14 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

not at all, I have a great PC and can run wow on full settings with little lag except in citys like shattrah, I was basing that statement on the screenshot ultimaj posted

and i know yuri, I said 3 times I like blizzards vision of what wow should look like judging by their CG scenes, wich makes it all the more worse that they are actually TRYING to make it look that shitty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:18 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

and I'll end my argument by saying simply that if you like that boxy bulky over-steroided gross look, like blizz apparantly does, you have shitty taste. I'm not even going to say thats " my opinion", I'm sorry, but you just have shitty taste in graphics and design, lol. Maybe I only feel that way because I was an artist in highschool and am used to critiquing peoples work and getting my work critiqued, but I'm sorry wow's design and graphics are just shit lol

edit: and I'm sorry if you don't agree or have a problem with that, but I tried to be nice at first but I asked you to stop arguing with me about it and the thread is still going on, so I'm going to be blunt and honest for the rest of this thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:23 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Madisonli you're honestly an unbreathable faggot and you need to get the hell out of here hahahah. "I was an artist in high school " ahfhalfdkahfkldahfkahdhahahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:23 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Madisonli wrote:
and I'll end my argument by saying simply that if you like that boxy bulky over-steroided gross look, like blizz apparantly does, you have shitty taste. I'm not even going to say thats " my opinion", I'm sorry, but you just have shitty taste in graphics and design, lol. Maybe I only feel that way because I was an artist in highschool and am used to critiquing peoples work and getting my work critiqued, but I'm sorry wow's design and graphics are just shit lol

edit: and I'm sorry if you don't agree or have a problem with that, but I tried to be nice at first but I asked you to stop arguing with me about it and the thread is still going on, so I'm going to be blunt and honest for the rest of this thread

qutoing this so it cant be edited taht's honestly the worst post i've ever seen lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:25 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Bosses in WoW kill FFXI's.

lol Just thought i'd add that, kbye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:25 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Madisonli wrote:

YOu should have made this entire thing an "Opinion"
Which I was doing, But in that case. Your artwork must be shit lol. I was nice the entire time. But you don't quite get what an opinion compared to a fact.

And btw, being an artist in school doesn't make you qualified to make statements like that, learn how to appreciate others work lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:27 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

why would I edit that lol, Ponuh I won't even start with you. Calling me a faggot especially. . .lol and I was an artist in highschool, I got a 4 out of 5 on my college portfolio, I don't see the humor in this o.O

Oh and -----

*/EM RAISES INPENETRABLE WALL* (( I had to do that for you mikey lol ))

edit: and I appreaciate blizzards GAME, their pvp, and fun soloability. Doesn't mean I have to worship their shitty character design lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:30 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

oh and deejay, that picture proves my point lol- can you even tell what the hell is going on in that screenshot? I just see a huge giant thing and I cant make out what the rest is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:31 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Madison i'm just being blunt for the rest of this thread, like you are. I'm just better at it than you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:40 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

can we just stop fighting lol. Its a matter of tastes madi. What you and I both say aren't fact they are opinions. Get it right you Faggot!

Edit: Joking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:43 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

hahahaha <3 ok. I know they are opinions but I like saying other people are bluntly wrong because I like to piss people off that i'm arguing with lmao

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft