It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:54 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: GIVE ME THIS OR I KILL EVERY PUPPY IN THE WORLD
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:26 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

lol The full 5/5 arena set plus the uber incredible gladiator 2h mace ;-;

I already have the Dragonhide boots cuffs and soon belt from Honor points and I'm going to get the pvp cape and neck peice as well as honor point uber gems (( I basically do non stop Bgs lol )). And I want to end up with every peice of Dragonhide (( the feral set )) available from pvp. (( since arena epics easily rival t4 and 5, since blizz made all 70 gear kind of equal in stats somewhat as to not unbalance the arena)). Plus I really don't feel like competing with the other guild druids in kara for t4 malorne set.

But arena points are harder to get because you have to get a decent team together and even then it takes awhile. My old ffxi buddy just hit 58 and hes my arena buddy when he gets 70, so it will be a resto shammy+ feral druid, I'm hoping this can be decent since the best setup is Paladin + warrior, same idea really with feral druid + resto shammy, just in hybrid form (( resto shammy heals and 1 member of opposing team should fall before taking down either one of us )) since both feral druid and resto shammy have really nice survivability.

Anyways here is a screeny of full Gladiator dragonhide (( I know I know, spiderman + elk horns but w/e the stats on it are incredibly jesus like ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:03 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I need to get the PvP bracers and belt for elemental shaman but i really suck at pvp though lol. you can look me up on the armory, Stonehide @ Lightning's Blade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:35 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I still remember when you put up an impenatrable force field denying wow and calling it fugly as hell and a terrible game, and i see this lol. OHh boy ohh boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:45 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That mace is so huge and fugly lawl, FFXI forever weeeeaabooooooooo

Hey at least when you get to the max level you know there is something worthwhile to work towards that actually makes a difference in how you play the game. FFXI will never have that, SE is too afraid of breaking the game because they are too lazy to fix the foundation which is what is broken in the first place (40 RDM sub not allowing a level cap raise for example).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:00 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

lol Mikey I still think wow's character design and graphics are disgusting and out-dated, but wow happens to be the only good fantasy pvp mmo right now and I can solo almost anything I want.

When monster rancher mmo comes out i'm leaving wow in a heartbeat, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:42 pm 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

Mikey wrote:
I still remember when you put up an impenatrable force field denying wow and calling it fugly as hell and a terrible game, and i see this lol. OHh boy ohh boy.

Next thing you know Madison will be posting in the "IRL" section about how he thinks chest and facial hair is so appealing. >_>;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:16 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

ew lol, no

I just got so tired of ffxi that I decided it was better to play a game with good gameplay but shitty graphics and design, than play a game with good graphics and design that had shitty gameplay (( pvp, for me ))

so I switched from ffxi to wow *shrug* not really a big deal lol, I told you guys like months ago I switched to wow and had a couple 70s already, lol I guess no one was paying attention

and I promised mikey not to speak of facial hair so I shall speak none of it :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:23 pm 
Eater of cow souls

i'll never understand how people think ffxi looks better than wow. i think wow looks fucking beautiful. especially the environments like the way the sand shimmers during the daytime when you run across it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:34 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

ok, this is how FFXI is way better looking that WoW.

WoW - stretched textures, low polygon models, lower resolution textures. what makes up for it is the vibrant ass colors.. but, with that, its also better for gameplay and or people who dont have super decked out systems. and imo, animation is kinda shitty, but thats only cause of the way they did it.

FFXI - great texture work, high poly count characters, better animation.. the colors arent as vibrant as in WoW, but they are going for more of a real feel as apposed to WoW.. bad part, made for people with better than average computers, so not everyone can play it smoothly.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:38 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

WoW just, I like the colors of it. . . but the graphics are like from a game I played 5 years ago . . .and its kind of depressing. Wich is good I guess because the game runs smoothly, BUT i oddly enough get more lag in wow than I ever did in ffxi.

Dunno, with graphics and design I think ffxi got it right, way better than wow. Although I like wow's colors.

But this is also because I like anime more than american design. I can't stand my character's huge ugly hands and feet and nose, so I stay cat form all the time lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:23 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

WoW is one of the nicest looking games ever. Some people only look at a polygon number and determine if a game looks nice. I agree with J, the level of detail in the environments (and armor too) is just staggering.

Personally I've always liked the style of FFXI better, though. The armor (though there's not nearly as much of it) has a nicer look to it IMO but overall FFXI has nothing on WoW. I don't think most games do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:10 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I guess, the polygon number is actually what sets me off with wow. Like. . .it just seems like an old game because of it graphics wise. Your right that the environment is awsome, nagrand is gorgeous. But for me, the low polygon thing just adds to the horrid-ness of the bulky character design and makes it all that worse for me >< (( specifically my complaint is only in characters/NPCs/mobs ect, not so much environment ))

Although unrealistic for play on today's computers, i know that the style they are going for would look great in better graphics, as seen in their CG opening scenes. But right now tha graphics + the style just is Blah for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:51 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

i guess im just picky about the way stuff is in games and or movies.. its easy for me to tell flaws..

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:36 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I agree that i thought WoW looked ugly and the more i play it i am surprised, the only things in the game i cannot stand right now are the male human faces, they look so badly drawn, and second is the ramps to the upper rooms of the tree houses in Darnassus/Tildrasil.

Here was a screen of the waterfalls in Maradon instance, this screen does not do the game justice tho, you really have to see it in game.

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:36 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Yurichan wrote:
ok, this is how FFXI is way better looking that WoW.

WoW - stretched textures, low polygon models, lower resolution textures. what makes up for it is the vibrant ass colors.. but, with that, its also better for gameplay and or people who dont have super decked out systems. and imo, animation is kinda shitty, but thats only cause of the way they did it.

FFXI - great texture work, high poly count characters, better animation.. the colors arent as vibrant as in WoW, but they are going for more of a real feel as apposed to WoW.. bad part, made for people with better than average computers, so not everyone can play it smoothly.

Ok You are completley off lol. FF does not have High poly characters and better animation. Easily contested with typing /dance in both games. In wow they actually dance, in ff they just stand still like nerds lol. FF's textures are low res and thats final lol, the game is natively built around 640x480 hell probably even lower considering.

And yea for wow i'd say the characters have low texture counts, but they still look good and sharp, they also have ton's of animation.

It all goes down to tastes honestly. If you want pasty pale characters in a dry ( nothing to do ) brown and grey world then ff is for you!
If you want something with color blood and guts and an actual sense of humor. Then wow is for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:58 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

But if you are a dragoon and type /dance, look what happens!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vN-rlU8HZY[/youtube]

FFXI Blog
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:00 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

[ Riiari ] wrote:
But if you are a dragoon and type /dance, look what happens!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vN-rlU8HZY[/youtube]

That only took 4 years 3 expansions to add. ONLY

Maybe in 16 years it will get a walk with high heels animation?

Willing to wait for that too? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:25 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

It's not like they started working on that at release or ever had it planned. It was probably something they added in two days.

FFXI is a very old game. It's only two years older than the grandfather of all modern MMOs, Everquest. Don't compare it with something that came out a full four years later and that was the most expensive MMO in history to produce, compare it with its peers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:10 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Actually mikey thats kinda wrong, ffxi does have a higher polygon count, and you can plainly see it even in that little video with the dragon. That dragon doesn't look pixelated in the slightest way or botchy or squared, in wow I notice alot of stuff thats badly done. , like the NE male chin for example. It doesnt even look like a chin at all , its like just a blob with fucked up edges, and how human wrists are bigger than tree stumps. FFXi owns wow in design and execution of graphics. ffxi doesnt have the best graphics, but it looks really nice and SE makes it work. Blizz just is doing something alittle bit wrong IMO, the only thing they are getting right is the environment and the colors. And LOL @ you saying wow is sharp, wow isnt sharp at all. . .unless by sharp you mean boxy.

Oh and seriously? I don't friggin care one slightest bit that WoW has more emotes. . . LOL, I'd much rather my night elf actually look like an elf instead of a botchy big footed and handed tree stump wristed fucked up chinned in-need-of-a-nose-job retarded haired blob.

Graphics and design, ffxi > wow

gamplay wow > ffxi

edit: oh and " thats final" as you like to say. lol

what did you play ffxi on the ps2 or something mikey?. . . .try looking at its graphics on a good computer and then call it low resolution. . .lol seriously the only thing in wow better is its interesting vibrant colors

Last edited by Madisonli on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:40 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Madisonli wrote:
Actually mikey thats kinda wrong, ffxi does have a higher polygon count, and you can plainly see it even in that little video with the dragon. That dragon doesn't look pixelated in the slightest way or botchy or squared, in wow I notice alot of stuff thats badly done. , like the NE male chin for example. It doesnt even look like a chin at all , its like just a blob with fucked up edges, and how human wrists are bigger than tree stumps. FFXi owns wow in design and execution of graphics. ffxi doesnt have the best graphics, but it looks really nice and SE makes it work. Blizz just is doing something alittle bit wrong IMO, the only thing they are getting right is the environment and the colors. And LOL @ you saying wow is sharp, wow isnt sharp at all. . .unless by sharp you mean boxy.

Oh and seriously? I don't friggin care one slightest bit that WoW has more emotes. . . LOL, I'd much rather my night elf actually look like an elf instead of a botchy big footed and handed tree stump wristed fucked up chinned in-need-of-a-nose-job retarded haired blob.

Graphics and design, ffxi > wow

gamplay wow > ffxi

Just like wow and ff many other games, there a simple texture raping techinque that lets the creator display many things with as little texture work as possible.
Basically you are comparing a game that is basically locked. It cannot improve itself. Its animations i'm sorry to say are stiff. It has a limited amount of emotes because it cannot handled the texture work, unlike wow that actually has more and very varid racial specific animations. FF has extreme limitations on that sorry but even equipments just don't look right.

At lvl 75 you've given a decent amount of equipment to wear in ff Yea. But 4 years have passed and SE is afraid to bring in new stuff that will
dynamically change the game because it will make sky/kings gear worthless. That fine for whoever just got the gear. But what about the people who've been playing for years what do they get lol Minor incrementale improvements. And once you put it on, because putting everything on as a set makes no sense, because the way se thought, each piece works on specific jobs. Once you get new equipment You end up looking something like this

Equip doesn't work as a set. Because of the way they built things you have to mixing and matching all the time. Which in turn makes you look like a fool with transgender issues. ( this isn't a specific attack towards you madi don't take it that way please)

In WoW you actually see sets that look freaken cool.
I mean for fucks sake. Take a look at the warlock armor. It has a god damn dimensional rift shooting out from the back of the armor set. Thats fucking hot lol. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/armorsets/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:42 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

is gameplay better just cuz you can solo and get a buttload of shit done in 30mins, when ffxi left you feeling all grinded out and unrewarded in terms of gear? Cuz that seems to be the census, and if that's the case we're talking about a matter of opinion in which case you can't say for certain that gameplay is better. it's just different. I personally liked how ffxi kinda forced you into having to get parties and alliances and linkshells for shit, it made the social aspect of the game just as fun/interesting as the "sitting in my room playing a videogame" aspect. The gear aspect of ffxi is definitely broken, but you never omgNEEDED gear to do anything in the game so long as you/who you're with is/was compitent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:54 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

OK mikey I think we are arguing about different things.

first of all the tier 4 5 and 6 sets in wow are gorgeous, yes. But how many people will get those complete sets. . .? Not many.

WoW is IMO even worse than ffxi in regards to gear matching if you want to get superficial about it. I mean think about it, with wow's vibrant colors, unless you have one of those complete gear sets, alot of people in WoW end up looking worse than that cher picture.

I completely disregard wow's emotes from this argument because to take them into account when we are talking about graphics and design is just stupid, I don't mean emotes or silly little stuff like that when I'm talking about design. I mean specifically. . .gah here I will just show you.

What, honestly, In your opinion looks better.

this? Image

or this. Image

and I'm sorry but if you pick the second of the two then you must be blind *shrug*

WoW is Boxy, it looks like a game from 5 years ago, and the character design is disgusting.

FFXI looks alot more realistic, and it looks like a game we should be playing today EVEN though its limited and can't move any further, it still blows wow's ass out of the discussion. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:08 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

haahahha. You are showing me a touched up SE picture, you know this right? And then your internetionally showing me low res pic of WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:18 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

no I'm showing you the pictures on the first page that came up on google.

Ok for everyone whos skeptical, look up WoW and ffxi on google and look at the tons of pics for yourself and decide.

Oh and mikey once again, did you play on ps2 or something? because my ffxi looked almost identical to that on PC.

and my wow looks identical to that screeny as well.

Please stop arguing with me about this, you know your not going to change my opinion and I can make this go on forever, I did not ask you to respond that first time with your " oh boy oh boy". Its just plain and obvious that FFXI looks better than WoW, and maybe thats an opinion, but its a Wide shared one and an obvious one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:19 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft