It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: I think my lock is coming around nicely.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:16 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Yah I love being an overpowered class. If there are any other locks tho tell me what gear/talents you would use. Would be interested to see.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Ioptex

I have a rogue too but shes nothing to speak of haha.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Ioptix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:57 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Do you mostly PvP or Raid...guessing from your spec you PvP a lot because you don't see many PvE specc'd Lock going Demon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:39 pm 

I actually do mostly pve. The reason why you dont see many demon is because the felguard is pointless. I dont have it either. The reason for my spec is the talent at the bottom for the extra +5% crit as well as the Spell Damage = 15% of the pets Stamina+Intellect. Raid buffed I have over 1350 Shadow Damage so I just Curse of Shadows Spam Shadow Bolt and crit on a 4x20% Shadow Bolt for 6.1-6.2k on Gruul or Magtheridon. The +5% crit in the Destruction tree helps too as well as Ruin (that is just sickening, imagine a Mage with Ruin)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:10 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Wow that ends up being pretty sick damage, not sure what my old guilds lock class leader is at buffed for damage, but I know unbuffed he is at a flat 1k +dmg. Man I miss the days of playing WoW...wait..nope, no more rep grinding for me and spending tons of gold on switching between Resto and Feral spec's............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:17 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

lolcoil gg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:03 am 
Even Match
Even Match

anyone play on andorhal or haomarush?

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:49 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Actually, a lot of 25 man raiders that spec FG (which is not many) are mostly surprised by the fact that their dmg doesn't drop at all. Fel Guard spec has a lot of potential DPS, the problem is that not everyone is used to it and are quick to dismiss it because they can't keep him alive.

If you are willing to learn to use him thru 25 man encounters (relaibly getting in a group with a shadow priest helps a lot too), you can put out impressive DPS. You are already 0/40/21, which I would guess means that you often leave your succubus in a corner while DPSing a boss, so you know how much DPS demo spec can do w/o the pet hitting the mob. You do lose Ruin, and 5% dmg, but you do gain a pet that does 150-200 sustained DPS on its own. The trick is to keep it alive.

Anyways, if I wasn't demo spec, I would be affliction, I just like it because it's a very mana efficient and self sufficient spec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:16 pm 

I love affliction to be honest its a great all around spec however it sucks because I have to use Imp because I am like the only person in my guild with Improved Imp talents so I am always with the tanks. I am always 1st-3rd on damage meters in Gruuls and Maggys so I dont complain too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:48 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yeah, affliction locks don't really need to be in a shadow priest group, they can keep themselves up for a long ass time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:08 pm 

I lvled affliction. Siphion Life+Improved Drain Life+DoT=350+550/tick health back to the lock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:32 am 
Even Match
Even Match

locks are soo ridiculous, expecially to a priest lol.. i hate fighting them, but damn they are the shit when they are on your side lol.

affliction is probably by far the most pain to fight, for me.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:54 am 

unstable affliction is the priest/pally bane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:19 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I'm finally at a decent point in my gear that I can kill some warlocks before they get to do a thing, lol.

Got my shred idol and finally my stranglestaff from illhoof, wich put me at a shit load of AP and crit for a drood, along with my other epics and alch pots I have almost 40% crit chance

so it will usually go pounce---> mangle (1600) --> shred ( average crit 2k-3k ) ---> Maim ( 1000 )---> Shred ( 2k-3k ). If they don't die, they start the lolcoil--> fear chain, I break it with trinkey, feral charge with bear, bash, switch to cat, and get another shred off. They die. Thats all perfect scenerio stuff, assuming everything crits lol, wich it usually doesn't, but with luck I can still kill them alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:23 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yurichan wrote:
locks are soo ridiculous, expecially to a priest lol.. i hate fighting them, but damn they are the shit when they are on your side lol.

affliction is probably by far the most pain to fight, for me.

They should be easy for you sans Unstable Affliction. Comparatively

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:03 pm 

Here's the Contagion/Ruin build I used when I quit playing.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Ii0rVMfdVtcZZxx0tr0z

I chose to get malediction instead of imp. howl of terror or imp. CoA because I ran with a lot of shadow priests and mages and didn't pvp much, so I stuck to CoS and CoE.

I'm not a big fan of destruction, honestly. I had issues with consecutive crits and when you start breaking 5k crits consecutively, it's pretty easy to pull hate, bleh.

Here's a build I used when right when I hit 70. I liked it a lot and kept up in the top 4 in dps in raids usually.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=NA0riRfkVt0ofxczI

It's been my experience that UA will outdmg ruin unless you have a ridiculously high crit% (20+%?) which I never got to without gimping the fuck out of my spell damage.

Oh, and dark pact owns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:58 pm 

Shadowstalker wrote:
Here's the Contagion/Ruin build I used when I quit playing.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Ii0rVMfdVtcZZxx0tr0z

I chose to get malediction instead of imp. howl of terror or imp. CoA because I ran with a lot of shadow priests and mages and didn't pvp much, so I stuck to CoS and CoE.

I'm not a big fan of destruction, honestly. I had issues with consecutive crits and when you start breaking 5k crits consecutively, it's pretty easy to pull hate, bleh.

Here's a build I used when right when I hit 70. I liked it a lot and kept up in the top 4 in dps in raids usually.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=NA0riRfkVt0ofxczI

It's been my experience that UA will outdmg ruin unless you have a ridiculously high crit% (20+%?) which I never got to without gimping the fuck out of my spell damage.

Oh, and dark pact owns.

Thats not exactly true. I am a SM Ruin Spec (of course with Contagnation (spelling)). and I have 1100 Spell Damage (Shadow) with 24.39% crit on shadow bolts so the damage is signifigant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:03 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... aul&n=Aldy

on a completelly unrelated note that's aldy =) and i eat most locks simply becuase my renews do
775 a tick on non-locks/rogues + 1800 prayer of mending, i can just renew bubble SW:P and laugh as they die very very slowlly.. unless i get the locks with like.. +1400 shadow damage.. then im boned

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft