It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Making a character
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:22 pm 
Samurai Princess
Samurai Princess

Hey everyone, so I've finally decided to make a character on WoW after not playing a mmorpg for like 2 years =)

What are the best jobs, or the most fun? My brother had a rogue and he got really annoyed of it after a while. I can't decide on one and I'm not really into making a bunch of characters.

I've attemped to make characters here and there, but Arrowyn is always taken! I'm pissed =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:25 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

ok, um.. heres my perspective on things for that game

Priest - No matter what spec, you're always a healer
Paladin - No matter what spec, you will be healing, just not as good as the priest
Warlock - DPS, you're good for nothing else
Mage - like a BLM, but just DPS only
Warrior - No one likes you as DPS, Only tanking.
Hunter - Much like a BST, they will only take you when you're the DPS, other than that, you're better off solo

Rogue - Pure DPS, its fun though, but people will think of you as useless after a while (not true)
Druid - Versitle, can do any class very well, but people will think you are gay as shit.

thats what i have percived on both my servers that i play on.

I play a Shadow Priest, i think its awsome and i out DPS pretty much everyone. take it how you will though.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:27 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Oh, Shaman, Kind of ish, Like a BRD, you're used for party buffs, but depends on what spec, you can either heal or DPS, its imo, the most versitile class.

They are also a PAIN IN THE ASS to fight in PVP, if you can play them correctly

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:12 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Well to go more in depth with what Yuri was saying:

Warrior - Best tank in the game hands down if protection spec. Very good PvE dmg as Fury spec, Mortal Strike spec is the way to go if you want to go for PvP. Both fury and MS spec make decent off-tanks, protection spec does crap dmg.

Rogue - Has a nice variety of tricks, stuns are a pretty big part of their moves. Other tricks include blind, vanish, and saps, which are pretty nice for PvP but on a long cooldown (which is what kills them in 5v5 arenas, although they excel in 2v2 and 3v3), Other than that, they are arguably the most singular class in the game, DPS is what they excel at, and DPS is what they mostly will do.

Priest - You are either a healer or DPS, you can try to be one or the other, but those respec costs will pile up. Healing priests have the most variety of different type of heals for each situation. Shadow priests are good DPS, their biggest strenght comes from the synergy they provide to your group, they are essentially mana and hp batteries, and greatly complements a warlock because they provide each other with debuffs that increases their shadow dmg.

Druids - They have a wide variety of heal over time spells, and one big heal. Full healing spec gives you the ability to shift into tree form, which makes you only able to cast HoT spells, but at a cheaper mana cost, and it also gives your group an aura that increases healing recieved from heal spells. Feral specced druids make very good tank as bear form, second only to protection warriors, they also have the option of going into cat form for decent DPS.

Mage - Great DPS, Crowd control and AE, not much to say really... frost spec provides survivability, control, some burst dmg, pretty much the pvp spec for mages. Fire is all about efficient dmg, great burst dmg and AE. Arcane spec is there... I guess as a secondary spec or hybrid spec.

Paladins - You will mostly heal as a paladin honestly, a blessing for almost every situation imaginable and their aura are nice. They are very mana efficient healers, it's very hard for a healing paladin to go out of mana. A very good support class for both PvE and PvP. Their problem... almost everyone will expect you to be healing spec.

Hunters - Ranged / Pet class. Essentially another DPS class, has some crowd control and very annoying AE snares cause of their traps especially if survival spec. Good ranged burst dmg, class that has the least to worry about aggro, pet makes for a decent solo grinding tank and good supplemental DPS.

Shamans - Their roles vary a lot depending on their spec, only one thing remains constant thru their specs though, and that's their support abilities. Bloodlust is yum, totems that increases your groups DPS, mana regen, etc. Most common spec is healing spec, followed by elemental (nuking) spec, enhancement (melee spec) is mostly used for grinding and lvling.

Warlocks - DPS / Pet class. They have great DPS, good crowd control and good AE. Most of their dmg is done by DoT spells, they have a wide variety of them. They also have debuffs that increases the dmg a mob takes from spells. Like mages all of their specs are about dmg, affliction specializes in DoTs and Debuffs, Demonology in warlock/pet synergy and survivability as well, and destruction specializes in nuking/ burst dmg.

That's just a not so brief overall of each class. The important question is , what kind of class archetype do you find most enjoyable and fun?

Oh... hi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:47 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Long time no see Arrow.

Holy crap its Nesso lol.

What do you want to do in WoW primarily? All out 1v1 PvP... warlock or rogue. DPS rogue or mage. Healing priest or paladin (most mana efficient heals in the game). Shaman is a buffer that can do good damage and pvp solo well. I am not a big fan of warrior, druid or hunter (Aalan's new hunter is admittedly badass though). The classes in WoW are pretty balanced and it is hard to choose a bad one. Undead is my favorite race for Horde and BE is second (awesome mages). I like Humans and Night Elves for Alliance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:35 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yurichan wrote:
ok, um.. heres my perspective on things for that game

Priest - No matter what spec, you're always a healer
Paladin - No matter what spec, you will be healing, just not as good as the priest
Warlock - DPS, you're good for nothing else
Mage - like a BLM, but just DPS only
Warrior - No one likes you as DPS, Only tanking.
Hunter - Much like a BST, they will only take you when you're the DPS, other than that, you're better off solo

Rogue - Pure DPS, its fun though, but people will think of you as useless after a while (not true)
Druid - Versitle, can do any class very well, but people will think you are gay as shit.

thats what i have percived on both my servers that i play on.

I play a Shadow Priest, i think its awsome and i out DPS pretty much everyone. take it how you will though.

I'm just going to suggest you remove this post entirely haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 am 
Even Match
Even Match

; ;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:05 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

oh my god what the f.

Nesso and Arrowyn post in the same god damn day? AND THE SAME GOD DAMN THREAD? WHAT AN AMAZING DAY!

Arrowyn what server are you going to play on? Reinheld, Aldy and I play on Dunemaul, but we dont actually play in the same guild or group or party or whatever lol. I just talk to the two of them in tells when im bored lol.

Arrowyn I think youd probably like playing a Warrior or Pally if SAM was your think in FFXI. The nice thing about WoW is its easy to level, so youll learn pretty quick if you like or dont like a job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:05 pm 
Samurai Princess
Samurai Princess

Thanks everyone, it seems like i might as well mess around with a couple characters

Yarr, Arrowyn was available on Dunemuel so I made a Blood Elf Warlock. /tell me if your bored, unless your alliance?

I also made Arrowyn a human paladin on Korgas or Korgath something like that I already forget

Warlock is sooo fun so far(lvl 7)... i love my digustingly ugly imp. I haven't really given paladin a chance because I'm having too much fun with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:54 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Youll see me on as Yarrs lol. Aldy is on there too and Rein, but ill tell you his name when your in game, not sure if he wants everyone knowing who he is playing as lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:13 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Yeah Yarr, so many lurkers on this forum trying to find out Reinhelds in game name so they can talk to the stud. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:49 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Nesso wrote:
Well to go more in depth with what Yuri was saying:

Warrior - Best tank in the game hands down if protection spec. Very good PvE dmg as Fury spec, Mortal Strike spec is the way to go if you want to go for PvP. Both fury and MS spec make decent off-tanks, protection spec does crap dmg.

Rogue - Has a nice variety of tricks, stuns are a pretty big part of their moves. Other tricks include blind, vanish, and saps, which are pretty nice for PvP but on a long cooldown (which is what kills them in 5v5 arenas, although they excel in 2v2 and 3v3), Other than that, they are arguably the most singular class in the game, DPS is what they excel at, and DPS is what they mostly will do.

Priest - You are either a healer or DPS, you can try to be one or the other, but those respec costs will pile up. Healing priests have the most variety of different type of heals for each situation. Shadow priests are good DPS, their biggest strenght comes from the synergy they provide to your group, they are essentially mana and hp batteries, and greatly complements a warlock because they provide each other with debuffs that increases their shadow dmg.

Druids - They have a wide variety of heal over time spells, and one big heal. Full healing spec gives you the ability to shift into tree form, which makes you only able to cast HoT spells, but at a cheaper mana cost, and it also gives your group an aura that increases healing recieved from heal spells. Feral specced druids make very good tank as bear form, second only to protection warriors, they also have the option of going into cat form for decent DPS.

Mage - Great DPS, Crowd control and AE, not much to say really... frost spec provides survivability, control, some burst dmg, pretty much the pvp spec for mages. Fire is all about efficient dmg, great burst dmg and AE. Arcane spec is there... I guess as a secondary spec or hybrid spec.

Paladins - You will mostly heal as a paladin honestly, a blessing for almost every situation imaginable and their aura are nice. They are very mana efficient healers, it's very hard for a healing paladin to go out of mana. A very good support class for both PvE and PvP. Their problem... almost everyone will expect you to be healing spec.

Hunters - Ranged / Pet class. Essentially another DPS class, has some crowd control and very annoying AE snares cause of their traps especially if survival spec. Good ranged burst dmg, class that has the least to worry about aggro, pet makes for a decent solo grinding tank and good supplemental DPS.

Shamans - Their roles vary a lot depending on their spec, only one thing remains constant thru their specs though, and that's their support abilities. Bloodlust is yum, totems that increases your groups DPS, mana regen, etc. Most common spec is healing spec, followed by elemental (nuking) spec, enhancement (melee spec) is mostly used for grinding and lvling.

Warlocks - DPS / Pet class. They have great DPS, good crowd control and good AE. Most of their dmg is done by DoT spells, they have a wide variety of them. They also have debuffs that increases the dmg a mob takes from spells. Like mages all of their specs are about dmg, affliction specializes in DoTs and Debuffs, Demonology in warlock/pet synergy and survivability as well, and destruction specializes in nuking/ burst dmg.

That's just a not so brief overall of each class. The important question is , what kind of class archetype do you find most enjoyable and fun?

Oh... hi!

Actually a well geared and played prot pally is an extremely efficient off tank and makes for really easy burst dps on trash mobs since they can generate a hell of a lot of threat quick as shit. Although, good prot paladins are 1 in a million and most guilds will look to them to be healers 99% of the time. :? other than that.... pretty much hit everything right on the button.

Retired- FF11 / WoW / Rift / SWTOR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:47 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Pix wrote:
Yeah Yarr, so many lurkers on this forum trying to find out Reinhelds in game name so they can talk to the stud. lol

lol go to hell pix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:46 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I'll always be in your hearts. Just remember that, and you will have an amazing life instead of just an amazing day!

I totally turned myself on by typing that...

Balidorn wrote:
Actually a well geared and played prot pally is an extremely efficient off tank and makes for really easy burst dps on trash mobs since they can generate a hell of a lot of threat quick as shit. Although, good prot paladins are 1 in a million and most guilds will look to them to be healers 99% of the time. :? other than that.... pretty much hit everything right on the button.

Oh for sure, good prot paladins are great OTs, the only thing that holds them back from being MTs is the fact that they innately have around 1.2-1.5k less hp than warriors =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:44 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Arrow!!!

Warrior is def fun, I reccomend it lots....

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... n&n=Rhyden

There's me playing around with my latest toy, if you ever wanna make a char or whatnot and need some help let me know =D

Edit for Arrow:

Yarr wrote:
Severus is loser, what a shocking new broadcast.

Cyntari wrote:
Darnit! I want it NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:47 am 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

OH SHIT LOOK AT THIS SHIT, Whats up Hitmanr and Arrowyn? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:38 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

This thread is def full of win... Remey owns... how ya been man?

Yarr wrote:

Cyntari wrote:
Darnit! I want it NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:23 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Hitmanr and Arrowyn o.O

Been a while!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:01 am 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

HitmanR wrote:
This thread is def full of win... Remey owns... how ya been man?

I'm doing good dood, you should come back to ffxi when you get tired of WoW. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:48 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

haha, I don't think I could handle the level grind in FFXI again... especially after wow when you can level by yourself the whole way

Yarr wrote:

Cyntari wrote:
Darnit! I want it NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:54 pm 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

HitmanR wrote:
haha, I don't think I could handle the level grind in FFXI again... especially after wow when you can level by yourself the whole way

You can level by yourself in FFXI, it's called bst, smn, and blm or having a pl mule. :p I hope you're having fun tho. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:26 pm 
Samurai Princess
Samurai Princess

Wow Remey I can't believe you still play ffxi! Looks like your still having fun with it tho

Hitman, I miss the Knights Who Say Ni lol. Best lowbie LS ever. You should start a new char with me somewhere =p i want to make a night elf rogue/hunter/priest haha i dunno.

One thing I surely DONT miss about mmorpgs that I forgot about when I started wow was all the idiots you have to deal with at low lvls. There's definately a diff. between a newbie and downright retard. Honestly tho I think 1/4 of the people are like 12? The two only times i paired up with someone to do a quest, they screwed me over. Soooo done with that.

Some dude today in the Ghostlands was stalking me, kept saying stupid shit and begging for items, so annoying. I ran to a lvl 20 area and he was lvl 13 and waited for a mob to aggro him, and of course one did, and of course i didnt help him =) that made me feel good.

Oh and I deleted my paladin, the job seems way too bland, and I want a diff. name come to think of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:13 pm 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

I just canceled my WoW account today. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:51 am 

Hoho, Arrowyn made a Warlock.

Awesome. Stay with the 'lock, it's a lot of fun once you can really invest talent points into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:12 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Lock is fun but it went from least played post-release to flavor of the year

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft