It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Help me with my lock
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:09 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

There are a lot of locks now and I need help finding some gear. Does anyone have any suggestions for spell crit gear that's preferably 5-manable or crafted? I just dinged 70 a few days ago and here is my character

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... on&n=Penji

Also--is anyone else destruction? I switched to it and now find it far less interesting than it was when 60 was the cap. For starters, now everyone attacks the lock immediately and i can't do shit the get them off me. I guess I need to keep stacking stamina as well because I'm getting ripped in BGs as destruction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:19 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

for starters you might wanna get tailoring up to make frozen shadoweave set for some nice damage bonuses. also if you want stamina gear, nothing is easier than afking in AV to get honor for easy pvp stamina gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:31 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I was considering frozen shadoweave but I'm only gonna do that if I spec out of destruction. Incinerate is for the most part more effect than shadow bolt it seems and DoTs are sort of an afterthought. I checked out the pvp stuff and it seemed pretty crappy. Looking at it now it actually seems slightly better. I actually stacked stamina 60-70 and had 9k (i had those shoes that gave nothing but +60 stamina and stuff, lol).

I think I might respec into demo because I like the survivability and I've still got 900g left over from my mount purchase and all the quests in nagrand SMV BEM and Netherstorm to do for cash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:34 am 
The Original Dark Knight™

Destruction is viable. You just need a shit-ton of crit to make it not suck ass. Really though, you become a one spell wonder. As for Demonology.. until they make felguard useful, I don't particularly see the point in it considering how fast it goes down.

And after looking at your spec and gear... I'd say that you should probably scrap destruction and demo until you do some heroics and go with affliction. It's the easiest spec to do damage with and not have to dedicate yourself to seriously raiding. Your points are well into destruction, but there's a number of talents that you probably don't need. Ruin looks much better in theory than it actually performs. If I were you, I'd go with something similar to this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IVMriRfkVtbo0xZxx0z

CoA > Corruption > Siphon Life > (UA > Immolate) Drain Life or Shadowbolt depending on the situation. Unstable Affliction is a bit over rated in PVP and PVE, but it's decent enough. And the damage returns on Immolate almost always make it worth casting, despite what some locks think.

Also, one point in Shadow Embrace adds another debuff that counts towards the bonus you get for Drain Life. It's basically the only reason to have it. Though if you end up becoming a heavy raider, 5 points isn't too bad for a group... but I think there's better things to put your points in.

Another note, the Frozen Shadoweave set is excellent. It can last you well into 25-mans, and is easy to make.

http://www.spelldamage.com/Warlock/ is fairly useful. As well as other theorycraft sites. Might want to check out the mod Dr Damage as well.

But, really. If you want to stick it out with Destruction. Get your crit at least above 25% or else you're just wasting your time with the build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:47 am 

Also: http://wow-loot.com/warlock.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:43 am 

I was never a huge fan of destruction. I tried it once at 60 and once again at 70 and I found myself, if anything else, bored as hell. It became too much of a cycle for doing anything PvP or PvE. Immolate > Incinerate > Incinerate > Conflag... rinse and repeat... bleh.

I typically stayed heavily on the affliction side. When I quit I was 40/0/21 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IA0rVMfkVtcZZxx0tr0z to compliment the other warlock in the raid's 42/5/11 build, (Pretty sure it was almost exactly like Rein's)

Anyway, if you're looking for some easy +crit stuff after looking at your gear, here's a couple things from quests or 5 mans or whatever

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28040
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27784
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27742
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31230

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I've been out of game for almost 6 months now, so I don't know what has changed.

You could go to wowhead and do an advanced search for items you're looking for with specific properties, should be pretty easy to find stuff.

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:00 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Thanks guys. Yeah, that affliction spec is very similar to the one I used for leveling. I did figure out the shadow embrace trick as well--that's pretty useful. In BG's I'm getting my ass kicked by straight up affliction locks. The more effective fears work much better than shadowfury (which isn't very good to be honest). I got out of demo by 62 because I had heard the felguard loses much of his punch around 65. Still, I see a lot of demo locks in PvP. Still, I can't really solo or duel much of anything in destruction because it's so easy to bash out immolates and incinerates. I was clocking major damage on the games where I just assisted in the large group (usually the group that is aimlessly farming kills and not obtaining objectives) but that's because I wasn't getting hit every time. I couldn't hope to kill a druid let alone most other things 1v1 with destruction. Did I mention I'm not very good at the game haha

I'm glad that class loots site still exists. I remember using it pre-BC. Ironically, I think I still have that Illdari trinket in my bank somewhere. Forgot all about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:12 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Another question: what heroics should I key up for first do you think? What rep rewards are most worthwhile?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:08 pm 

TK. And if you're Destro, Searing Pain is faster DPS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:20 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Quote:
Still, I can't really solo or duel much of anything in destruction because it's so easy to bash out immolates and incinerates.

If you like and/or would like to get good at PVP click on my armory link, spec is setup for pvp. Points in Improved CoA and Corruption keep my damage decent. Any questions bout pvp feel free to ask its the main thing i do.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Holiday

Another form of this spec which is basically the same except you trade the Improved CoA and Corruption for more survivability and put those points into Demonic Resilience which will keep your pet alive longer thus taking more damage for you.

Hope this helps a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:25 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Sweet, thanks. As for pets, it seems like a huge no-no to use a voidwalker. I can't see how it could be considered a noob move, especially as a destro lock. I don't do it to avoid looking completely unskilled by honestly a damage proof 5,000 HP shield is a pretty nice not only for survivability but also getting important casts off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:29 am 

Yea, VW is only good for a walking shield. Felhunter is godly in 2v2 Arena, since its dominated mostly by casters, but a semi-decent MS warrior will rape you. All night long. But generally, Felhunter is the PVP pet of choice. Succubus is a decent all around PVP pet also, if you feel like seduce spamming. The diminishing returns will eventually fuck you, so you have to get your distance, and hit whatever you're fighting hard, and fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:15 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

What do you guys think of this build for arena pvp

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbxczIizoxsxxx0tr0z

Edit: ok i think it's fixed now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:12 pm 

It's okay, but again, instead of Destro, putting your talents in Affliction is a better choice. Instant cast Corruption, Nightfall, Improved CoA, CoE, etc. All outweigh the benefits of Ruin. Which isn't that good anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:53 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Ruin is great man. I can't agree with you on that. SB Crits account for way more damage than DoTs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:15 pm 

Dunno, I find in Arena that instant casts win the day more times than not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:38 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Insta cast dots. Id like to try a 2v2 team or 3v3 team with my holy priest.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft