It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:29 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

i'll agree with the tab-targeting part.. its fucking terrible..

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:28 am 
Tough!
Tough!

Ponuh wrote:
Tab-targeting is worthless is wow. The camera also requires FAR faster rotation, and the interface would have to be simplified extensively just to make it viewable from afar. It would probably work for grinding on easy things in one area or farming, but trying to PvP would get you killed so incredibly fast. Same goes for instancing.

Pro-tip: Controllers don't use tab targeting.

You scroll through party members using up and down on the D-Pad, and left and right for the players around you.

Any joe smuck can play PLD or BRD or BLM in dynamis using a controller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:45 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

goDeejay wrote:
Ponuh wrote:
Tab-targeting is worthless is wow. The camera also requires FAR faster rotation, and the interface would have to be simplified extensively just to make it viewable from afar. It would probably work for grinding on easy things in one area or farming, but trying to PvP would get you killed so incredibly fast. Same goes for instancing.

You scroll through party members using up and down on the D-Pad, and left and right for the players around you.

that made targeting PT members for whm soooo fucking easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:11 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ulgokiem wrote:
Kluya wrote:
I used 3 different Macro sets as 75BLM and as 75RDM, never had trouble staying on top of shit with a controller.

PS2 has an annoying lag when changing macro palettes. Is this the same on 360?

I didn't always notice it, but it was there. I guess I was used to it lol. 360 had very little lag in crazy areas like Dynamis. I was often main BLM and I could easily target mobs, open the macro pallette, and hit my stun "BLM's /assist me" macro.

I could NOT get used to walking or panning with a keyboard. I got the PS2 controller/adaptor/thingy for the PC ASAP. That worked so f'ing good. That way I could lean back in my computer chair and the keyboard was on a little rolling extension thingy that hovered over my lap. I could play with the controller and type without bending over at all. That was the shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:34 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

Parade wrote:
goDeejay wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

that made targeting PT members for whm soooo fucking easy.

umm you guys realize that like the F keys also pertain to your alliance/party right? (ie. you = F1, person dirtectly below you on pt list = F2, person below them = F3, etc.) At least I think they do.. I always played on ps2 or 360 lol

hitmanr told me that he never bothered targeting people he would hand type everything

/ma "cure" Jimbean
/ma "raise III" Jimbean

etc.

that seems like it could get really annoying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:48 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Jimbean wrote:
hitmanr told me that he never bothered targeting people he would hand type everything

/ma "cure" Jimbean
/ma "raise III" Jimbean

etc.

that seems like it could get really annoying

Athel used to do that also, and she was insanely good at it. There is no way in hell I could do it. I was known in my LS for misspelling everything when I type fast in FFXI haha. My typos got used often by others as a joke. ^^ = %7. Stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:39 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

maybe becuase there's probably only like 10 commands you're using consistently like:

cure 3 on the tank
cure 5 on the tank
haste the tank

if you hit the spacebar so you have a blank line of text and hit the up arrow button you can scroll through the last few things you typed, thus being able to enter in the commands as if you were scrolling through macros. either that or they were just insanely accurate and fast at typing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:05 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

goDeejay wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

I'm talking about WoW you idiot. Isn't that what this thread is about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:23 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

lol Ponuh beat me to the punch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Jimbean wrote:
if you hit the spacebar so you have a blank line of text and hit the up arrow button you can scroll through the last few things you typed.

I didn't know about that for the first couple years of playing FFXI haha. It's amazing when you "mt" and you use that for pasting to the correct chat. That would have saved mych frustration early on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Ponuh wrote:
goDeejay wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

What this thread's about is using a controller to play WoW. Jesus Christ do I have to spell everything out for you? You brought up tab targeting like it had shit to do with anything.

All I was pointing out is that targeting was never a problem in FFXI, and theres little to no reason that it would be in WoW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:20 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

goDeejay wrote:
Ponuh wrote:
goDeejay wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

What this thread's about is using a controller to play WoW. Jesus Christ do I have to spell everything out for you? You brought up tab targeting like it had shit to do with anything.

All I was pointing out is that targeting was never a problem in FFXI, and theres little to no reason that it would be in WoW.

And I'm saying you obviously haven't played enough WoW to realize how much different it is. You kill one mob every two minutes in FFXI and most of that time involves autolocking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:39 am 
Even Match
Even Match

yea, there is a huge difference between WoW and FFXI.. but damn, you talk about WoW like its the hardest game in existence.. "havent played enough WoW" like its myst or something.. you can use a controller for WoW its really not that hard.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:07 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yurichan wrote:
yea, there is a huge difference between WoW and FFXI.. but damn, you talk about WoW like its the hardest game in existence.. "havent played enough WoW" like its myst or something.. you can use a controller for WoW its really not that hard.

I don't talk about it like it's the hardest game at all. It IS harder than FFXI and it's not possible to play it in any capacity doing anything but grinding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:32 am 
Even Match
Even Match

i'll agree with you on the fact that it is a little more complicated than ffxi, on like raids and stuff.. but i mean really, how many spells and functions do you actually really use.. i have this whole interface filled with all my spells and abilities, and i maybe use about half.. if that even.. i dont know what class you are, but im sure its not much different for you. i think there would be a learning curve for using a controller but once you get used to it im sure you would be able to do everything with it.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft