It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: So, I'm kinda starting WoW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:11 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

My brother wanted a free month or something, so I signed up, don't know how long it will last. But I do have a few questions.

I can't help but feel like a gigantic noob in WoW, because I am. I've played with friends before and the highest level I ever got was like 20. I rolled a Human Priest because my brother is a Rogue, and I dunno... I want to be useful? All my jobs were DD in FFXI, and I want to be in demand I guess. But I have a bunch of basic questions.....

Is a priest any good?
Should I be a human?
What's a good priest build right now?
Shadow or Holy better?
Am I better off being a druid?
Leveling tips?
Gear tips?
Profession tips?

Also, my brother wanted me to download questhelper or something...but I'm on a Mac and it's an exe file, so I can't install it. Are there any good plugins for Macs?

Thanks for any input

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:55 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Priests are good.
Human is a fine race. Human spirit helps endgame wise, but none of the other races really have any advantage anyway.
Leveling up - Wand spec and spirit tap + whatever until 40 then spec shadow form, pick up wand spec again if you want or finish up shadow tree.
Shadow eventually becomes better for leveling ( kills faster/efficently), endgame wise both are viable
Druids imo suck hardcore until about 24. It is nice being a melee dps/tank class who can heal after a pull, and overall they are quite versatile. I think they also synergize well with rogues, both for endgame arena stuff, and also stealthing to duo pve content.
there are quest helping adds on that make questing a cake once you find the NPC who give the quests.
take at least one gathering profession to help earn money as you level. skinning/mining generally more profitable at lower levels compared to herbalism, but any of the 3 are fine in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:09 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

i use a mac too denchi, and have quest helper.. maybe you downloaded the wrong link..

try wowace.com or curse.com theres a few others..

honestly, tanks are the most in demand imo (pve).
rogues/druids for pvp..

priest is awesome, i play one.. and i would honestly say probably drenai (alliance) or undead (horde).

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:58 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

denchi if you would prefer i can loan you my toon im not using him untill the expantion anyway, it's horde side though but i have a 70 priest and 70 hunter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:10 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Yurichan wrote:
i use a mac too denchi, and have quest helper.. maybe you downloaded the wrong link..

try wowace.com or curse.com theres a few others..

honestly, tanks are the most in demand imo (pve).
rogues/druids for pvp..

priest is awesome, i play one.. and i would honestly say probably drenai (alliance) or undead (horde).

Hey yeah I figured it out. As far as I know I just can't download the Curse client, but I can get all of the plugins np, I just have to install them myself. Didn't know that's how it worked, but it's all a learning experience for me lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:12 am 
Samurai Princess
Samurai Princess

it sounds like your brother wants the zhevra mount and is doing the refer a friend thing, I've seen that in action. 300% exp til 60, pass a level to another character for every 2, yeah you could have a shit ton of 60s in a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:58 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Quit cheating damn it!

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft