It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Next Expansion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:18 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

No clue if anyone is playing this anymore. I'm not planning to re-subscribe, but I guess Blizzcon is happening right now, and they've released teaser stuff for the next expansion.

The Mists of Pandaria...

And that can mean only one thing - Pandaren.

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/21/8434303-world-of-warcraft-is-going-to-the-pandas

Post subject: Re: Next Expansion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:27 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Pandaren just make me think of Jack Black now, so this expansion really doesnt intrest me at all. I'll still buy the game and try it for a month, but after the last expansion I really feel like Blizzard needs to move on from WoW and get going on the new MMO.

I feel like telling a story (Im bored)

I still find it amazing how hooked on that game I got and how anti social I acted. I use to wonder why some people never talked in ffxi, but I totally understand now. I liked having no guild or being in a ghost guild. I got a kick out of ignoring people. Other times I just enjoyed joining random small newbie guilds who shoulted for signatures.
Once a guy gave me a shit ton of gold. He said he was some hardcore player and was just returning to create the worlds greatest raid guild. Then he quit like 2 weeks later and I ended up with a lot of his gold haha.
I forget when, but at one point I ended up in Cobra Kai Dojo. It was created by some CKD member's brother. I forget what CKD member it was, but his brother created CKD because he thought our linkshell was cool. I wish I could remember who it was, but it was pretty random. So just by chance I managed to join a guild named Cobra Kai Dojo made in homage to our linkshell in FFXI. The best part was that the brother had no idea who I was when we first talked. He was never in CKD, his brother was, and I cant remember the CKD player lol. I always suspected it was really someone from Ifrit who was too chicken to admit it. I never found out. He quit after like 3 weeks and I ended up in CKD for like 3 months totally alone (the guild had like 10 total random members who clearly all quit after their trail was done). Eventually I put a ticket in and talked a GM into giving me leadership of the guild. WoW was acctually fun because it was the total opposite of FFXI. I actually have just as much pride in my Priest and Mage as I do my FFIX WHM. I pust just as much work into both and I think I actually ended up playing WoW for longer than I did FFXI.

Its pretty cool to look back and see just how much damn time has passed since we started playing FFXI. I mean its been almost exactly eight years since FFXI launched in for us Fat Cheeseburgers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I think some of my most enjoyable memories in MMOs had to be five-boxing in WoW. I think tackling the sky NMs in FFXI for the first time was greater, but both were still just a ton of fun. I remember five-boxing my shaman team. Arlassa, Arlessa, Arlissa, Arlossa and Arlussa. I became known on the server as the "A-Team".

Everyone would get all excited when I'd show up for Wintergrasp and would mobilze around me. Being able to take out siege vehicles by myself was pretty one-sided for us, and a lot of the times when we'd play, we'd end up capturing everything and farming HKs at the enemy's starting base.

I would, of course, then get reported to GMs and have people log on their level 1 alts to rage at me about how much of a loser I was. haha. Was pretty epic.

Doing heroic dungeons as 4 shaman and a druid tank was pretty, cool. I never really got into the raiding in that game, though, and I stopped playing during the lich king expansion. So I haven't touched Cataclysm, and as a result, am too far behind to really worry about picking up the expansion for kung-fu pandas.

It was still a lot of fun, though. I really wanted to multi-box in FF14, but the game was too intensive, and lacked too many necessary features, to make boxing viable. It is why I initially shelled out cash for multiple collector's editions, however. heh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:49 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Quote:
I would, of course, then get reported to GMs and have people log on their level 1 alts to rage at me about how much of a loser I was. haha. Was pretty epic.

I only ever had one person log on to bitch me out for PVP stuff lol. I use to do mining for hours just so I could gank people from a rare spawn node.

I wish I would have done some multi boxing just for fun. A few years ago I could have easily afforded doing that. These days I dont have much spending money.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah, I talked to multiple GMs over the year. Most simply wanted to know how I did it, and said they thought it was really cool. I know I was watched all the time, but I was 100% legit. The good thing about WoW was that you never had the need/desire to not be legit. Some stuff took time to accomplish (Like my feat of strength in getting "Arlassa the Insane" but it was all completely doable.

But that's the thing. I wouldn't have minded poking around in Cataclysm a bit, but it'd have been a 250-300 dollar investment. Because once you box, it's really hard to not do it. Sure, I could have bought just one expansion, but then that char would outlevel the other in that groups "team", and I didn't feel like starting over again with a single char, either. haha.

Oh well. I will admit I'm kinda interested in the next Blizz MMO, 'cause I know for sure they'll work to make that game boxable, since they make a tidy sum from boxers. One guy on the boxing forum has 30+ accounts.

That's some craziness right there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:37 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

lol thats insane boxing. What the fuck is Arlassa the Insane. Ive never head of that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:44 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Insane in the Membrane
Raise your reputation with the areas listed below.

Honored with Bloodsail Buccaneers
Exalted with Everlook
Exalted with Ratchet
Exalted with Ravenholdt
Exalted with Booty Bay
Exalted with Gadgetzan
Exalted with Darkmoon Faire

Reward: Title Reward: <the Insane>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:00 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

hate how they made that insane title easy to get now. WoW should be on its way out. too mainstream man /hipster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:09 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah! Darn them. I earned it back when it was hard. I can still both freely run around all the pirates and all the goblins at the same time.

Everyone loves Arlassa the Insane! Or they're at least afraid of her.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft