It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: WoW Rumor--Is it true??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:02 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I hear that you can get from 1-65 (Or whatever the cap is) in like, four weeks. That's really, really short. It seems like WoW might be too easy, I hear people complaining to Blizzard to patch Hunter to make it "less expensive, it's too expensive!" FFXI is one of the harder MMO's, having the subjob system, and having to put up with goddamn noobs. (WoW will probably have alot of B.Net noobs, I suggest you all go to RP servers. B.net noobs= Racist assholes. NOT FUN)

Anyways, could I get a beta player to confirm or deny this? The WoW community seems to be...well, pussies. They want Blizzard to patch anything that would require work (IE, getting money)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:40 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

WoW is very very cassule player friendly. Meaning yes its easy to xp solo, and yes power gamers can burn through leveling fast.

Does that mean its a bad game? well maybe, depends on how you like your games.

I dont know if you can do it in 4 weeks but I assume its not as hard as getting to 75 in ffxi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:45 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yeah. FFXI is a time consuming game...I mean, some jobs require multiple subs leveled up. EQ only had one job...and even that took less time to get to 65.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:55 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Bnet has been a horrendous expereince for me....

Let's just say its the first time i heard "jew nigga". :-#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:12 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Bnet sucks. The community never changes no matter what game it is. You will always find the same racist ignorant retards on SC as you will on Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3..

As to the actual game itself, i used to play on private servers of RO (Ragnarok online) and most of them, it was easy to get to the high levels. It was fun for a little while, but eventually it just got boring.

Combine with the easy leveling and the horrid community bnet is known for... Expect it to be a flop..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:59 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Fast lvling is not a BAD thing. Grinding lvls is no fun.

If the leveling portion of WoW has decent replay value, fast lvling is even better.

UO was/is a great game, and like WoW, maxing out a character didn't take long. Could probably max out a character in a month of hardcore grinding. -BUT- that didn't mean people in UO just quit the game after maxing one character. They made new character, tried new templates/skills and kept on having fun.

Same thing could happen in WoW. Just because you max out one character doesn't mean the game is over. I view faster lvling as an opportunity to make new characters and enjoy different jobs. If it took 1-2 years to max out a character, the odds of you wanting to start over and try a new job are slim to none... and in the end you miss out on huge chuncks of the game.

If FFXI had fast lvling where every job could solo to 75 in like 2 months i would have loved it, I would not have quit after getting BLM to 75.. I probably woulda kept going trying to get all the jobs to L75, maybe also try new races, etc.

I woulda had varity, choices, always have something to do and work on... Instead, after grinding almost a year to get my first job to 75, I just said to myself, 'fuck if i'm going to do THAT again".

As far as B.NET goes, I think there is a large difference in community between RTS/Hack&Slash type games B.NET currently offers, and MMORPG's.

Not to mention B.NET is free.. you weed out alot of asshats when you're dealing with a monthly fee and the requirement of a credit card. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:03 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

yeah, the credit card part weeds out all the 13 year olders shouting "jew nigga"..... ](*,)

god i hate bnet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:09 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Tooyooo wrote:
yeah, the credit card part weeds out all the 13 year olders shouting "jew nigga"..... ](*,)

god i hate bnet.

it's not just bnet, any free online game service has TONS of those 13 year olds shouting "jew nigga".

bnet just gets a bad rap because it's probably the largest of the free services.

hell, bnet may be the toilet of the internet, but atleat Blizzard provides this free service for all their games so people can easily use the online features.

Many other companies just pass this onto a 3rd party like GameSpy Arcade and don't worry about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:21 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

the thing about bnet is that you can't setup "servers" like other free online games, so its not easy to have a "regular" place to go to and play with "regulars"

You pretty much play with random ppl each time, and that is just asking for trouble....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:34 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

wait wait so world of warcraft will have no monthly fee and be like warcraft on the aspect of having a whole bunch of weird random people around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:51 am 
Tough!
Tough!

on the leveling side i read one person shared his account with 3 people, they stayed logged in 24hrs a day leveling, they hit the cap of 60 in just 10 days!! of course they had crap equip by this time. Now if you think about it thats 240 hours of play time now most people will play for lets say 5 hrs a day so 240/5 is 48 days which means once you add in farming for new weapons and time for doing quests and time for doing tradeskills you will probably double this time and then some so thats at least 3 months playing 5hrs a day now most people play say 5 days a week so at the end i think it will be more like 6months for people to get well-rounded characters in the game, by which time id hope they add some fun team events like a ffa alliance vs horde map where all you do is kill each other :D also the general PvP concept sounds like you could spend months just playing in the arena once you are 'well-rounded'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:07 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

As an ex-realease EQ player, EQ is much easier than FFXI. For one thing, if you happen to go afk for a little bit in an exp party in EQ the world doesn't stop for eveyone. Also, the level constraints are more relaxed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft