It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: :P
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:35 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I've played it for almost a year now, part time. Alpha was teh suck, but it's a good game.

SWG was 6 months interest to me
FFXI about 1 year

I'm thinking WoW will be somewhere between the two, I think.

I hear there's a Lord of the Rings MMORPG coming out about then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:40 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

SWG totally sucked, we didn't even give it a try. Too many of our friends got it and hated it. We were still hardcoring in EQ when SWG came out too.

FFXI was good all the way until end game. Let's just say there's not enough end game to keep our interests going.

WOW, I don't know, I really hope it turns out like EQ in a way but not so hardcore orienated. It's kind of sad to think that I'll probably pay for 6 months but ends up only able to play 3-4 months until the baby comes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:43 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

WoW is aimed at Softcore MMORPG gamers. So people like me (CKD) are gonna jump in and jump out(I hope).

If anyone needs me ill be sweeping the dojo waiting for people to get back home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:57 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Just about SWG...

The gaming system itself was a fantastic game. You could solo, you could invite anybody and everybody to party. Large scale PvP. You could join the game, do some basic stuff, and then party with people who had been playing for months and months.

FFXI SUCKS BIGTIME in that you cannot ever catch up to a friend who joined the game a month before you did. Not unless they sit around for a month, or until you are both in your 70s. You just can't play your main character with them. Period. End of story. That sucks.

SWG SUCKS BIGTIME in that there IS NO GAME CONTENT. You do the things, master a profession or two, see the sights. After about 3 months, you either get heavily involved in the PvP or you get horribly bored. The quests and missions suck. They are horrible. Run out and (a) deliver this, (b) shoot this, or (c) talk to this. Rinse and repeat over and over. FFXI was very good in this sense.

SWG had no grinding, farming, or camping. Well, very little anyhow. Only grind was the moronic Jedi system they initially put in (which is why I left SWG for FFXI) and camping Krayt (big dragon lizard things) which only spawned in one place and had insanely good drops.

SWG gaming system + FFXI content = (Yes, please)

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft