It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:21 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Controls
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:14 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Is there a way to control the camera with the keyboard? I have only been able to do it with the mouse, and I don't really want to have to use the mouse (same way I played FFXI). How do you guys have your controls set up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:23 am 
Tough!
Tough!

at first i tried to reconfig it all but after about 1hr of messing i hit the reset defaults as i decided id never rememebr all the chnages and they didnt help much.

Ive gotten used to their setup for defaut and its pretty good imo. Still learnign how to make macros more useful while playing :)

afaik mouse is only way to control view but ive not really looked for another way yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:59 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

You can change your view from 3rd person to 1st with keyboard. How? I don't remember, but I'll ask Kailyn tonight :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:02 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Just scroll the mouse wheel (camera zoom) and zoom all the way in, get close enough and it switches to 1st person. I hate 1st person personally cuz you can't see a damn thing around you, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:17 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I really struggled with controls when I first started playing. I think the default camera keyboard controls are numpad 1 and 7, but it's been a while since I used the keyboard. You can look it all up by hitting ESC and configure controls.

The best way I've found to move around the world is the mouse. I usually hit the little side button to turn on autorun. Left mouse button lets you look around without changing where you are going. Right mouse button lets you change directions but kinda locks you into rear view. When I'm not running long distances, I click and hold both buttons. Moving my mouse around changes my direction.

When I'm in combat, I mostly use the keyboard to adjust my positioning. Too easy to get turned around and disoriented with the mouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:50 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

I did the same thing as Regnar, I tried to make the controls the same as when I played FFXI, but ultimately just started using the default controls. I move around with "w-a-s-d" and use the mouse to change the camera around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:00 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I RUV the controls in WoW.

I'd never change them for anything

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft