It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:30 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Log in queues?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:48 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I'm reading complaints around everywhere that people that have made their characters and are trying to log in are being placed in a queue because their server is full?

:?

So, um... If too many people are currently online and playing on the server your character is on, you're forced to wait in a queue for people to log out so you can have a spot...? (Which could be a completely random amount of time)

:-s

Er...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:55 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Have faith. They're trying to keep the servers from crashing like every other MMO launch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:58 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

whats the max per server?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:01 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Well I can understand the servers must have caps, but they surely shouldnt be hitting them within 6-12 hours of releasing the game, lol.

And I'd figure the servers would have some kind of lock-out cap at character creation, rather than letting you make the character and THEN telling you it's full, lol.

I dunno, when I think about it, the FFXI World Pass stuff wasn't really that bad an idea, except the fact you needed to go level and farm a little to pay for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:01 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I'm sure alot.

I've heard people talk before of Blizzard letting people into the game slowly at launch; this doesn't suprise me one bit[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:06 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Problem is, it's going to frustrate a LOT of people, on the very first day.

It matters not to me anyway, I dont think I liked the game all too much to begin with, and I won't play it at all if they're going to try to stop me playing with people from here (being the only reason I would play at all)

I hear every MMO has it's launch disasters, although from what I heard the FFXI launch was relatively smooth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:09 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Oh GOD no.

FFXI launch in Japan made me cringe. I was following the game from the first mention of it, and when I heard that Playonline went down for TWO WEEKS because of overload. They just couldn't handle it.

Everyone gets frusterated on launch day. Trust me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:16 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I was talking about the NA launch, haha. I know the JP launch was a nightmare, but those guys were guinnie pigs.

Sadly, being guinnie pigs, they got a huge headstart in the game which is prevalent even now. Beastman mobs used to drop a lot lot more than 10-20 gil, and a lot of the original crafting recipes made profit at NPC, which is how they were able to get the likes of Goldsmithing and stuff so high so easy, stuff like that.

I think I read somewhere Magic Bursts didnt exist in the original release, heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:25 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

First, Ket: http://www.blizzard.co.uk/press/041122.shtml

Second, they had this in the beta and although many times i aws told 1hr to wait after 5mins it let me in regardless (might of been cause it was beta)

Third if they cap servers i doubt they would cap players at same value cause you would never have all those aloud to play on it on it (if that makes sense) ie server cap at 1000, aloud signups 1200. Then your likly to find that in general only 80% of people are on at any given time (sleep/work etc) so that would be (80% of 1200 ~ 960) so thats pretty close to the cap mark then, meaning in general it should be ok but being the launch is gonna be busier.

Anyhow thats my mni theory. But i have to say that i think the limit is around 3000/server and with about 50 servers thats 150,000 players now look at ffxi with 1million accounts (sure on average people have 3 accounts so thats 300,000 players) which means WoW is gonna need mroe servers and i guess they will get more soon and also theywill raise the cap on servers once they tet them further and make sure the hardware can cope.

Remember MMO's grow with the players and over time. All MMO's have trouble FFXI was not so bad when we got it cause the jp's had it for 1yr first but at the same time that sucked alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:26 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

wow, no magic bursts? THat'd be bizzare.

If the NA release failed, man, I'd have no faith in POL or SE. I never encountered a crash, so I was happy.

Don't worry about this line thing, it's not a permanent thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:46 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Additional comment from a friend of mine on another forum....

Quote:
OKAY!! =P blizzard responded to my email, so this is exactly what they sent me back!!

Hello Errik,

Thank you for emailing with your concerns. We have recently been contacted by
people with questions about regional restrictions and access for accounts in
World of Warcraft.

Quality and customer service are the highest priorities for Blizzard
Entertainment. Because we cannot guarantee a positive gaming experience for
users connecting to servers outside their region, we are not initially
permitting users from outside North America to play on the North American
servers upon release.

In other words, players in one region of the world will not be able to play on
alternate regions at the launch of the game. We do plan on adding this
functionality in at a later time, but unfortunately do not have specific
information on subscription policies or when this will happen.

The Community Team has posted the current FAQ on this topic in a stickied thread
on the Forums:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... l&t=385040

We recommend that you continue to visit http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com for the latest
announcements and updates on this and other World of Warcraft features.

so thats the answer to that, so we will most likely be able to play with you euros a little later but not on release, maybe on ur guys release who knows...

you should if you get the chance to visit that forum link, alot of people are yallin and everything at blizzard for every reason just about we are mad about with this crap...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:35 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Hmm. Can't say I've seen any queues at all. I guess they need to up their server power or create more servers if they don't have enough right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:02 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Yeah, this is bullshit and I'm not too happy at all.

I paid a total of 60 bucks to get the game and to get overnight shipping just so I could play for a maximum of three hours before I had to go to bed and go to work the next day, and now I find out I have to wait that long just to fucking play.

Sorry, but no MMORPG ever made me sit in a fucking queue in order to log in. The entire purpose of paying a monthly fee is to make sure this shit doesn't happen.

Maybe it's an omen that this game will become utter crap later on. Oh well. If anything, it'll just make me appreciate FFXI more when I come back full-force sometime in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:10 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

easily fixed, pick a less populated server to start put. if te population is low now, but u want a high populated one, give it a few days and it will be and by then there wont be any of this Queue shit.

I got on today NP with no Queues when i got home, my server was listed as low population, but i got dced later tonight and when i tried to get on, it made me wait threw 400+ list with high population, i then went to a low server to see what its queues was and there wasnt any. its jsut a matter of all these people. Yes FFXI may not have this, but these servers in wow have like 5k+ on them today. I saw archimonde with up to 2k Queues.

Give it a few days and it will be all nice and peaceful

untill then dont log out ! =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:43 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Hey Kayne, you've NEVER played an MMO release before?

God, you guys expected it to go off without a hitch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:01 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Kayne, you got HL2 on the day of it's release?

Granted, it's not a monthly fee, but it got cleared up quickly, even with Steam(y) shit..

Don't forget, Warcraft fanbase + People Leaving other MMORPGs for WoW + MMORPG fans + Blizzard Fans = Trouble logging in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:17 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Lmao, here's Blizzard's remedy

Caydiem wrote:
Due to excitement about the release of World of Warcraft, numerous players are moving onto the game realms at the same time. Right now, the realms listed in the Eastern and Central tabs of the Change Realm screen have large populations. To balance realm populations, we ask that players select realms listed in the Mountain and Pacific tabs when choosing where to play.

This will not result in lag, and it will be less likely that there will be a queue to join these realms, as they’re currently less full than those listed in the Eastern and Central tabs.

The number of players that can populate a realm simultaneously will increase in the next few weeks. Until we remove this message, please help us balance realm populations and avoid queues by selecting a realm listed in either the Mountain or Pacific tabs.
- Caydiem -
Assistant Community Manager

DAMNIT I NEED TO CREATE MY GODDAMN ACCOUNT!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:11 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Well it's ridiculous that everyone thinks the red HIGH means "cool there's a lot of people there" and low means "oh that server sucks, only losers go there".. this isn't counterstrike or something lol. People could have common sense..

But then, they should have gone the way of FFXI and assigned you a server, only letting people into high populated servers from the inside with a 'world pass'. Friends and guilds can play together and everyone gets dispersed.

I'm on the Lothar server and I've had no problems at all with queues or bad lag, until just right now which is why I'm here rambling ^^;.. (serious lag spikes at 3am <.<)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:12 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

This is the reason you should leave work/school/whatever early so you beat the rush. :lol: Or do it late so you can avoid the rush.

We didn't have too much problem when we started around 1p.m. CST on EST server. Overall just some lag issues in cities and newbie areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:32 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Me and dark joined a server as it was put up.

He was the highest level for a while, and I was the 2nd person to go into Ironforge(the first ran past me as I talked to a guard right outside the gate haha)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:59 pm 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Heh, since i started the game at 1 AM EST the 23rd I think I was the first NE to go to iron forge and stormwind.

I went as lvl 6, and died about 8-9 times....... Got raped so bad my pants broke.....

But made it nonetheless :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:53 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

ponuh wrote:
Hey Kayne, you've NEVER played an MMO release before?

God, you guys expected it to go off without a hitch?

I have played some on release, and they never had queues. I don't see why they didn't just limit the population from the start, knowing from open beta that this was bound to happen.

BTW, the database item/quest look-up "lag" still exists :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:18 am 
Too Elite
Too Elite

quenes are jesus compared to alot of mmorpgs. I'd much rather that then unplayability.

swg....people couldnt play at all for a long time.
anarchyonline had a horrible launch.. the client wasnt even stable i believe.
theres tons of people on the forums patting wow on the back since this mmorpg sold soooo many and they kept it so stable.

The only mmorpg that really went off without a problem was city of heros. But that comparison isnt fair because coh player base was not even a fraction of WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:17 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

The worst queue i've had so far is 5 minutes, and thats on a crowded central server. They're also going to expand the amount of people that can play on a server in a week or two so i'm guessing the lag/queue issues will be solved by then.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft