It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:14 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Hows PVP on your server?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:43 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Im not sure how many of you play on a pvp server, but with the new patch, its a frickin warzone on mine lol!! Cant even leave town without seeing some action. its GREAT!! Ranks go up on friday hope i can atleast make some sort of rank. Hows it working out on the PvE servers tho? People PvPing a lot still with their flags on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:31 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

On Bronzebeard, I can tell you that Taurren Mill-Southshore was very very crowded last night. Lag was aweful. If they can resolve the lag issues, we'll have a great time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:17 am 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

i flew into TM last night and died instantly. This is so nuts lag is ridiculous all over and im on low pop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:00 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I was exping amy 41 warlock in STV. It's chaos baby. Plus half the goblin bruisers in BB are bugged so they don't attack anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:09 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

That's it I am so coming bakc to WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:26 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

ponuh wrote:
That's it I am so coming bakc to WoW

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:31 pm 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

Ponuh get ur ass to Nathrezim :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:39 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Bleeding Hollow is a freaking warzone as well. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:45 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Alleria has one major problem. Alliance outnumber Horde 3:1. Crossroads and Tarren Mill are constantly under attack by like 50+ Alliance and Horde don't even bother to defend (for the most part). Any attempt on Orgrimmar is instantly squashed.

The 3:1 ratio wasn't really a big deal before because there were enough Horde interested in PvP that you could have some decent skirmishes. Now, every Alliance player wants the PvP gear and any time the Horde puts up a fight, a whole bunch of Alliance show up.

I have a 60 Horde Druid and a 60 Paladin and both ends of this deal suck. The Paladin isn't killing anyone and the Druid gets like 1 kill by guerilla tactics and then gets squashed by a dozen Alliance and corpse camped. It's not even really an intentional corpse camp kinda thing, it's just that with 50 Alliance sitting there, I can't rez anywhere safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:40 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

PvE servers, heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:36 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

cant u just go around non pvp flagged?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:26 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yeah, I can choose not to PvP at all. What fun is that??

Anyhow, things are better on Alleria now. The Alliance still outnumbers the Horde 3:1 at Tarren Mill, but, now they realize that if they overrun the town and corpse camp the Horde, pretty much all of the Horde will unflag and leave.

So, now we're renaming Tarren Mill to The Alamo, lol. Normally, there will be 20-30 Horde forming a battle line on the western limits of the town. Alliance will have a battle line running all the way along the north and west. Occasionally, the Alliance will push into town, but, for the most part they are content to not overrun the Horde lines so that the battle will continue all night long.

This isn't really an ideal situation, but, at least it gives both side a place to rack up HKs and CP.

XR is a bit different in that the Alliance will overrun it, but, since it's so close to Orgrimmar, the Horde will generally be able to retake and control it.

Alliance has made a few attempts on The Undercity and Orgrimmar. They got Sylvannas down to about 25% before enough Horde arrived to wipe them out. Alliance attacks on Orgrimmar generally don't get as far back as Thrall. There are just way too many Horde in Orgrimmar at any given time and 90%+ of the level 60's on the Horde side have their hearthstone set to Orgrimmar. Whenever the Alliance have sufficient numbers to make a decent attempt at Thrall, the lag becomes so horrible that the guard spawns will often wipe them out.

Anyhow, I'm Rank 3 despite the lack of PvP in the first week. Should be Rank 4 on the next recalculation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:22 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I started out on a RP server just because all my friends were there, when I really wanted to start on a PvP one.

Sure, it was fun, and not as many "omg u suxx"-players I can image exists on normal or PvP servers. But something was missing, I wanted more action. Badly.

I was just about to start a new char on a PvP server, and ditch my friends. I didn't want FFXI all over again, I wanted to kill someone!

But now, after the Honor System was implimented, the whole server is going nuts :P Alliance, (wich outnumber Horde 2:1), are always raiding Tarren, and if you flag up somewhere, it won't be long till you get attacked.

So yeah, I really like the Honor system. It sure has made the game alot more interesting for me.

Edit: I suck at typing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:33 am 
Yummy Love
Yummy Love

PvE servers are really not that bad...

Tauren Mills, Southshore, Hammerfall, and Refugee point are the areas of most conflict. There is usually some kind of PvP going on. My server is nothing but paladins and priests (on the alliance side). Priests will shield the paladins, they will run into the horde, Faghammer of justice, throw up thier shield, and run away (like little bitches). While we're all stunned they will AoE the area. But the horde hold thier own... even tho we are usually outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1. I just can't wait till battlefields. We're going to wipe the alliance off the map... they have never had a fight with fair numbers, and when the number are semi close 1.5 to 1 we usually obliterate them.

It's gonna be so sweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:51 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

One Day i'll play WoW. FFXI seems to have a Grip on my soul but We will See all this seems fun and i like just Random PvP something ni think FFXI should add.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:15 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Tal i have a 10 day free pass i refuse to give to my friend lol. You want it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:15 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

After playing a 60 mage and 47 hunter on normal server, then going to a pvp, the TM/SS zerg on pve server just sucks. It's not just the people who hide behind unflagged status, it's the general type of people who play... Everyone is so cowardly (well ok, it's mostly the people who hide behind unflagged to get the advantage) but it just generally sucks... Of course, the TM/SS thing on pvp server sucks too. Everything sucks compared to the small group and 1v1 pvp you get out in the open..

The first time I tried to go back to lothar and do some hardcore pvp, I found myself and my friend waiting, flagged, watching some horde dance around unflagged while they wait for reinforcements to outnumber my group. That, along with being cowardly and camping outside town because they're scared of guards, ruins it.

So you might have a good battle, but when someone loses they just dance around with their flag off, while you wait for another battle, but nope... they're just getting ready to go home. Waste of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:45 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Tm and ss sucks for pvp. Even if you do get a kill you get like 10 cp as every other person on your team has also nuked the crap out of 1 player and you're the one ends up dead <<< rogue unstealthed=unhealthed. Best places i find and this is EU so dont know bout US is Lights Hope Chapel and Sorrow Hill and ofc the rogues trying to gank at the bulwark.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft