It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Grats Dozi!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:06 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

I seen your name as the #1 PVPer on your Realm. Grats man.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests ... nners.html

Is the tabard cool looking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:54 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

So he also gets that video card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:12 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

ill take a pic of it and post, i dunno whats up w/ the vid card, i think its a seperate contest because i didnt get anything saying i won it yet. now that pvp rewards will be permanent im aiming for high warlord, the new weapon stats are just plain sick !! Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:18 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Awesome, grats Dozi thats sick. 43000 kills was it? Jesus, I had 1 before I quit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:06 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

The tabard looks very gay, lemme find the thread from our forums...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... #post40477

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick ... 0&warned=y

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:40 am 
Spammer, to the max!

I guess I'll be the asshole here and say I'm not overly impressed since all it really takes to become a top PvPer in WoW is a shitload of time and getting lucky on the queue wait in AV.

Maybe I'm just bitter since I don't have that kind of time to devote to playing games anymore, but I don't know if I'd even want to mindlessly kill pussies that hide behind guards on the enemy team over and over again since I'd end up going insane after a while and gaining the urge to stab most of the player population in real life for being such fags.

So congrats on not going insane I guess :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:40 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Kayne wrote:
I guess I'll be the asshole here and say I'm not overly impressed since all it really takes to become a top PvPer in WoW is a shitload of time and getting lucky on the queue wait in AV.

Maybe I'm just bitter since I don't have that kind of time to devote to playing games anymore, but I don't know if I'd even want to mindlessly kill pussies that hide behind guards on the enemy team over and over again since I'd end up going insane after a while and gaining the urge to stab most of the player population in real life for being such fags.

So congrats on not going insane I guess :P

If that's the only pvp you see, then you must be a pussy who hides behind your zerg. Try going out and fighting 1v1 or small groups outside of hillsbrad sometime.

But yea the time instead of skill is partially right, but you can definitely play 24/7 and still be low rank if you're not good at pvp.

The video card thing is a random drawing. Everyone is automatically entered, but each pvp rank you get enters you in the drawining like 5 or 10 more times or something. Basically, if you're higher rank, you have a much higher chance to win <.< but everyone who pvp'd at all has a small chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:30 am 
Spammer, to the max!

If stealthing past the horde's frontline zerg and picking off their mages in the back is being a pussy then I guess I'm guilty of that. I guess I'm strange in that I don't like to just run with the zerg and mindlessly hit one hotkey over and over until I die. I also didn't just move with the zerg and try to ninja loot everything I see. Hence the reason why I only got to Friendly faction before I quit.

As for 1v1 PvP out in the open, it's actually a lot easier than BGs because people don't even know I'm there, which means they're not fully buffed or ready for a fight. At 54 I was killing level 60 mages with relative ease. At 60 it was basically a two shot kill thing (Stealth, Sprint, Ambush (75% of the time it would crit), run up to the mages when they blink or clear off Fear/Poly asap and then run up to them with sprint still on, Vanish, Cheap Shot, Cold Blood, Eviscerate.. dead caster. If they had a buddy with them, hit Preparation and repeat.).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:40 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I can't decide what I like more--small pvp skirmishes or huge battles.
They're both so different and both so fun to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:58 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Kayne wrote:
If stealthing past the horde's frontline zerg and picking off their mages in the back is being a pussy then I guess I'm guilty of that. I guess I'm strange in that I don't like to just run with the zerg and mindlessly hit one hotkey over and over until I die. I also didn't just move with the zerg and try to ninja loot everything I see. Hence the reason why I only got to Friendly faction before I quit.

As for 1v1 PvP out in the open, it's actually a lot easier than BGs because people don't even know I'm there, which means they're not fully buffed or ready for a fight. At 54 I was killing level 60 mages with relative ease. At 60 it was basically a two shot kill thing (Stealth, Sprint, Ambush (75% of the time it would crit), run up to the mages when they blink or clear off Fear/Poly asap and then run up to them with sprint still on, Vanish, Cheap Shot, Cold Blood, Eviscerate.. dead caster. If they had a buddy with them, hit Preparation and repeat.).

More on this point. You can pretty much kill anything not wearing plate by CS > Vanish > Ambush > CB > Evis.

Mages will blink at the CS, so just hit ambush, they'll nova, or blink. If they blink, Vanish. If they Nova, either Gouge or Blind. They'll blink after the gouge/blind is done, then vanish. Re-open with Ambush, CB > Evis and they're done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:48 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Yeah mages are pretty predictable, which is why I hit sprint before I even hit them for the first time. Since they always blink away cheap shot, the best move to start with is ambush because it's easier to set up when they don't know you're there. Otherwise if you cheap shot and they blink away, then you go to vanish and you're trying to get an ambush in, a smart caster will start spamming AoEs trying to unstealth you. The same goes for ambush to cheap shot but at least with cs you can get it in within a second of vanishing.

Granted half the battles never go textbook due to something fucking up like ambush not critting or cold blood and evis missing for some stupid reason, which most of the time accounts for the 5% chance or so of a loss against a mage since they'll end up gaining the upper hand by chaining polymorphs over and over while they sit and watch and drink up until they're ready to fight.

Anyway I don't even know why I'm talking about this stuff since I quit :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:32 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I hate Mages and their stupid frost armor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:13 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

lol yeah their ice armor was bullshit, which is why I always just waited around stealthed and watched until their shield went down to start hitting. Hopefully within 2-3 hits crippling poison would proc then if they casted any sort of ice spells it wouldn't matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:29 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Kayne wrote:
lol yeah their ice armor was bullshit, which is why I always just waited around stealthed and watched until their shield went down to start hitting.

I tried, oh I tried sooo many times ;x

It's very hard not to throw out an Ambush on a mage sitting down drinking, even with his shield up >_<

Me thinking I'm better than I am has gotten me killed numerous times >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:21 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Kayne wrote:

you fight some crappy casters. :[

most are much better and the gear has changed since you quit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:13 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I quit about four days ago so it couldn't have changed that much :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:50 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Dozi, hurry up and post piccies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:02 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Kayne wrote:
I quit about four days ago so it couldn't have changed that much :P

so you are saying you could kill 2 level 60 mages solo without dieing?

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:30 am 
Spammer, to the max!

I said one :P When I talked about having a buddy with him I didn't mean taking on two mages at once, although if you count killing one of them while the other is sapped, then restealthing before sap wears off and going for the other one then I guess I could kill two mages. I've only done that a few times though, since sap usually wears off right as I kill one of them and I'm forced to vanish and run away :P

You'd be surprised how fast unprepared mages drop with just ambush + cold blood evis really (with no vanish and cheap shot in between), even with my shitty equip :P

Bleh anyway stop making me talk about WoW =p It's making me want to go back to it for the 3rd time and I know once I do I'll just get annoyed about how shitty BGs are and how doing 3788947839 instances over and over again bores me to death =\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:36 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Still waiting for piccies >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:29 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Damnit, Dozi.

Still no picture >_>

Sure, I've seen it and all, but hey, I wanna see the Warlord PvP-set, never actually seen it on a real player. So hurry up and give me pictures!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:18 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

ok ok ill take some tonight and post em, stay tuned :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:06 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I'm gonna keep bumping this thread till I see some pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:52 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Bump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:15 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Heres the tabard blizz gave me, and those are the high warlord daggers in hand :)

sorry took so long to post :)

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft