It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: More help with talents!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:52 pm 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Well.... now that my armor has caught up with my weapons, and the buff in fury builds... I'm looking to go Fury.

Problem is, I also tank for my guild, so I really dont want to lose defiance..., and I don't want to lose too much parry....

I came up with This

But Still debating on one point here and there....
wondering if I should try to go for 5/5 flurry and lose 1 point in either berserk rage, parry, defiance.

Oh, I also use a 2hander (if I go fury) so flurry might be more important to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:01 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Okay as a Fury Warrior several thigns to note, that when you're tanking your crit rate will be low so don't expect too much out of flurry, and blood thirst is rage inefficent for aggro so won't be using that.

That said you still don't *need* defiance I can pull my weight jsut fine with out. that said with your build I'd go soemthign like :

As it stands with no tactical mastery imp Berserker rage is wasted on you. in a tankign siutation the 10 extra rage it generates is totally wasted.

this build give syou pvp viability in beign able to stance dance for intercept/pummels, gives you the defiance and parry you want as Main tank, and gives you all the toys in fury.

I'm personally partial to Umbridled wrath and Imp intercept but whatever Booming voice/UW is a personal choice. I figure as a MT you probably won't execute as much as others so Imp intercept is money in Pvp.

Anyway this is about the best i coudl do in the same vien as what you wanted.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0300000000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:23 pm 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Well, i guess I should have clarified a bit more.... I'm aiming to be a viable tank, DD, pvper (in that order).

I'm currently 31/5/15, and I fit that profile pretty well.
I'm just curious if I can do the same as fury~.

So my main points behind flurry, is to benefit me when I'm either playing as DD or pvper.

Bloodthirst I put in same category as MS, not really used for tanking... but used for DD.

I can see how berserk rage is wasted on me in tank situations, but how bout in DD and pvp situations? (without tactical mastery)
Its pretty clear that imp berserk rage helps the most without tact. mastery, do you think its worth getting 2 points in it without TM?

And in the end i prefer pve DD> PvP, so I'd go for imp execute over imp intercept.

Sooo any other tips? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:34 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Without TM, Zerker Rage is limited to usefulness in DD situations only when you will get dmg but not need to change out of zerker stance.

I.e. Coffer runs in BRD, and not much else. In those situations the extra 5 rage should be overshadowed by the tripled rage from dmg taken.

With TM in ANY tanking situation you can Zerker Rage switch to defensive and tank away gaining signifcantly extra rage, and relatively little rage lost in the prcoess. Meanwhile the free rage remains viable in PvP, and DD situations where you need to switch stances for overpowers, intercepts and whatever else... In short. TM IS the utility Talent that makes you viable in different situations.

Anyway you're gonna have to make some sacrifices , what I suggest imo, gives you viable DPS, viable tanking, and you'll never find yourself lacking in any situation.

Without TM, or with 1/2 imp intercept or other things in your build you will find many more situations which would be less frustrating if you had adjusted your talent slightly.

ultimately though its up to you. I gave my reccomendations, you choose to consider them or not. Only time will see what works out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:31 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Yeah, I've been thinking it over, and did some calculations... I'm not quite there to really replace MS with Fury build.

With OEB, and my atkpower only at 1300 (with shout), I'll still stick with MS since I won't sacrifice TM just yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:42 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

if youre looking for a Fury build this is the best one

With hand of justice and winfury you'll destroy your opposition

edit : didnt show one sec

75DRK
75MNK
75BRD

Last edited by Tsusuwusu on Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:22 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I don't see how that fury build would be better than the classic fury/arms build. Something like 17/34/0 would be better and is still a very capable tank until Protection is buffed.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft