It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: should i buy it?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:49 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Well, i got a 30 dollar gift certificate to bestbuy and i get about 40bucks a week selling plasma... so should i buy this game or not?

Persuade me please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:31 pm 
Eater of cow souls

ffxi you seek for group for hours so you can exp

this game you don't

buy it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:55 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

hahahaa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:32 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

but in the time you dont spend seeking for party you get incredibly bored. not to mention you need to go in instanced dungeons with people you usually dont know and most times suck. oh and there are more 10-15 year old players on.

im not saying the game is horrible, just wanted to show you what turned me off kinda to it haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:05 pm 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

rf online ftw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:15 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Ledzeppelin wrote:
rf online ftw

Oh, the grind >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:28 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm starting to play WoW again.

I miss my friends from FFXI, but WoW can be a more casual game, so I can play it for like an hour or two in the evenings before bed and actually accomplish something.

WoW can also be hardcore, like FFXI. It all depends on how you want to play. If you want to play WoW hardcore, you can. If you want to play WoW laid back, you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:44 am 

Ridere wrote:
I'm starting to play WoW again.

I miss my friends from FFXI, but WoW can be a more casual game, so I can play it for like an hour or two in the evenings before bed and actually accomplish something.

WoW can also be hardcore, like FFXI. It all depends on how you want to play. If you want to play WoW hardcore, you can. If you want to play WoW laid back, you can.

i definately agree with ridere on this one. while i did get bored playing wow, all i had to do after an hour was quit and that was it. i never had to go "got to go in 1hour"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:25 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

If you play wow expecting to make great friends ingame (like ffxi) then you'll probably get bored. It's better to play on a server with good friends/irl friends, even if they're way ahead of you or in a guild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:58 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Festaru wrote:
If you play wow expecting to make great friends ingame (like ffxi) then you'll probably get bored. It's better to play on a server with good friends/irl friends, even if they're way ahead of you or in a guild.

Aye, FFXI has a great community, wich WoW does not. You can steal from people, and be a general retard and ass and still get away with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:17 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

There's actually a pretty good continuity and community on the RP servers. Of course, there's no world-wide pvp on them. They do have the PVPRP servers, but I think they only have 4, and so they are pretty much super crowded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:28 am 

ridere likes to dress up in his dwarf costume and speak dwarvish to confuse his mother while he loads up teh WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:46 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

WoW sucked ass at 60, especially the large scale PvP areas since it was just a bunch of asstards looting your kills for points. It was decent up to 60 since you could solo all the way there but after that it sucked balls. I think the thing that sucked the most at 60 was the fact that you couldn't go do your own thing while being able to put yourself in a search queue for instances, etc., and sitting in Ironforge shouting for hours would get boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:24 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

But if you didn't give up on it so soon you could have joined a good guild that actually does endgame content, rather than trying to get in shitty pugs that can only do 3 instances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:40 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Besides, now you can do other things while you are queued for battlegrounds or instances, so it's less of a deal. And sure, shouting in Iron Forge may be annoying, but it's no different than LFG in Jeuno. haha.

All games are gonna have some boring part. I just think you have a bit more freedom in WoW in the sense you have to rely on others less in order to glean entertainment from it. (Doesn't mean you can't do massive raids and stuff if you want to. It's just that you have a choice if you want.)

But maybe that's just me. Perhaps I'm just a hermit and enjoy the ability to sit on my ass for an hour, or two, after work and play around on a game without being required (though it is an option) to find 5+ other people first in order to have a bit of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:49 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Ridere wrote:
But maybe that's just me. Perhaps I'm just a hermit and enjoy the ability to sit on my ass for an hour, or two, after work and play around on a game without being required (though it is an option) to find 5+ other people first in order to have a bit of fun.
ya, i think this is why the game is that popular, u can be either hardcore, or you can play casually. So, i have decided to buy the game (hurray) but now the question is which server to play in, and what race/job/whatever, so gimme some links or your personal opinions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:55 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Gavin wrote:
Ridere wrote:
ya, i think this is why the game is that popular, u can be either hardcore, or you can play casually. So, i have decided to buy the game (hurray) but now the question is which server to play in, and what race/job/whatever, so gimme some links or your personal opinions

Horde is better on pretty much all servers. The popular theory as to why is the idea that the younger players are drawn to the looks of the Night Elves, thus play them. There's actually a lot of fighting on the WoW forums about how introducing Blood Elves into the Horde with the next expansion is due in part to try and draw some of the younger crowd over to the horde.

So if you're interested in doing a lot of PvP, Horde is probably a good choice. You'll probably want to play on a server with a friend. Though if you can swing it, I'd suggest to play on a server that is considered either "New" or "Low" for a population rating. "Full" servers are just that, and you usually have to wait in a queue to log in. It's super annoying. But I suppose it all depends on where your friends are.

As far as jobs are concerned... Probably wouldn't play as a Shaman (Horde) or Paladin (Alliance). It's kinda funny how those happen to also both be the two unique jobs, but whatever. Paladins aren't all that useful, and the Horde seems to be swimming in Shaman players. So while a Shaman may be a decent job (Unlike Paladin, as some may argue), you'll have to compete with lots of other Shamans if you're trying to get into some sort of elite raid guild.

All that crap is really up to you, though :P Just play a job that you like, and everything else will fall into place.

P.S. I play as Alliance as my main characters, so please don't think I'm trying to start some anti-Alliance flame war. Just pointing out obvious statistics about PvPing, so don't get mad at me that we suck in battlegrounds. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:23 am 

Roll on Agamaggan if you want to play with old FS/CKD lol

I could hook you up with a few gold to start out if ya want =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:32 am 
Tough!
Tough!

Pix wrote:
Roll on Agamaggan if you want to play with old FS/CKD lol

I could hook you up with a few gold to start out if ya want =)
ill definately start up a character on that one tonight. I got a dwarf warrior up to lv9 last night and i was having a blast! much easier/funner than ffxi at the early lvls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:58 pm 
Yummy Love
Yummy Love

Is that where everyone went Pix?

Hmmm I might have to make a char there just to stop by and say hi.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft