It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: can't belive im doing this again
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:48 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

well as some of you know, my work has kept me off FFXI for some time now because when i log on i really have no time to do anything, so im going to start playing WoW again soon, because you don't need 100 hours to sit at a time. pplz list your servers so i can pick whitch of you goobers i wanna play with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:58 pm 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

I play my NE priest the most now so you should come play ally with me and as always i still play my tauren hunter.

Akama - Alliance
Nathrezim - Horde

also akama is a fairly new server so being low level on it isnt annoying as on old servers where theres very few low levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:13 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

you two have failed me =P~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:18 pm 
Eater of cow souls

sig. i've abandoned my alliance character

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:27 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ifrit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:11 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

You'll find that after you casually stroll to lvl 60, the only thing you have left to do is farm the fuck out of the exact same instances every week in sessions of 2-5 hours at a time.

There is NOTHING to do endgame besides farm instances or sell your soul to uninterruptable 80 hrs per week PVP. That is, nothing to do if you actually want to get anywhere, otherwise you can farm the exact same 5-10 man instances every week.. but that gets old fast too.

My advice would be to find a different genre to play, or stay with ffxi where you can at least hang out with a decent community when you're online, or wait for a new mmorpg that will take notes from WoW but provide more interactive content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:04 am 
Spammer, to the max!

yeah WoW sucks heh

I figured I would play it while waiting on the FFXI expansion since FF was getting a little boring, so I installed in and played on and off on my laptop for a few days with a new character. Well, playing on laptop got annoying so I installed on main PC and started playing my old character (lvl 60 rogue).

A couple days after playing my old character I quit for the 3rd time (as in cancelled account, which I never did with FFXI). I thought playing again might be fun but it was just boring doing instances and waiting 3 hours to get into a 10 minute PvP battleground (not to mention that barely anyone PvPs out in the open anymore).

Well anyway I was going to stick it out and play anyway until last night when I found out how players are a lot more retarded in WoW than they are in FFXI. Basically a 3% drop rate trinket (Hand of Justice) dropped in BRD after 2+ hours of a long ass pickup raid (only 8 people) and the "master looter" gave it to a paladin that will never use it because he misread the rolls (the paladin rolled 3 times as a joke and got a 98 on the last one whereas I rolled a 97). The more I think about it though the more I think it was just a bullshit excuse because they were pretty much all in the same guild and they didn't make a big deal about it at all.

Anyway I'm not really quitting over loot but the fact that this happened before any of the big instances makes me ponder what goes down later on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:13 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm not going to argue and say that the player base of WoW is more mature than that of FFXI, 'cause I think we all know that it's not. It did bring over the b.net kids, afterall.

But I do think the whole, "WoW sucks because you do the same thing endgame." argument is pretty lame, given that it's coming from people who play FFXI. haha.

Dynamis and Instances aren't really all that different. Nor are the world bosses in WoW or FFXI.

Argue to stay in FFXI, 'cause the community is better, since you need to find five people to help you wipe your ass in the game, and it forces you to make friends with lots of people. Don't argue that FFXI is better, because you need to spend time waiting around to do something in WoW, 'cause I think that's pretty standard with any MMORPG. haha

I play Alliance on Gul'dan with my g/f and a few RL buddies.

P.S. Kayne, you either use hyperbole waaaaaay to much, or you're on like the shittiest server in existance. haha. I've never heard of 3 hours for BG queues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:35 am 
Spammer, to the max!

I'm on Arthars and it takes over 3 hours to enter AV.

It takes 2 hours for AB and 1 hour for WSG.

Yesterday I waited over 7 hours to get into AV so it wasn't much of a stretch, although I did miss out on the first 3 hours I waited because I had to take a shit and the dialogue box that lets you enter is only up for 2 minutes while unattended to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:11 pm 
Eater of cow souls

i guess it depends on the server. world pvp on agamaggan is pretty damn fun, probably my favorite part of the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:44 pm 
CKD's Minimum Fuck up

60 undead priest on aegwynn, names donoras if anyone wants to stop by

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:33 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kayne wrote:
I'm on Arthars and it takes over 3 hours to enter AV.

It takes 2 hours for AB and 1 hour for WSG.

Yesterday I waited over 7 hours to get into AV so it wasn't much of a stretch, although I did miss out on the first 3 hours I waited because I had to take a shit and the dialogue box that lets you enter is only up for 2 minutes while unattended to.

Well, that's super lame. It is pretty well known, though, that the alliance get the shaft in BGs, since all the young kids like to get off by playing as Night Elf, or just Alliance in general, since they are the "good" guys.

Of course, if you have a g/f, wife, or whatever, who plays, you'll end up playing Alliance, since they always seem to either want to play as a Human or a Night Elf.

I tried to get my g/f to play a Tauren, or something, but she wouldn't have it. heh... I suppose that's one of the reasons why they're giving the horde Blood Elves in the expansion. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:53 am 
Spammer, to the max!

I'm a female Night Elf omg =p

Seriously though I tried Undead and the starting areas made me want to quit right away. Ugly as hell.

Night Elf male rogue has the worst stance next to Elvaan Female monk in FFXI.

I guess I could have went Hume but their racial traits suck for rogue. Anyway NE Female rogue had one of the best stances while stealthed so I win irl.

And no I didn't use my character to get free shit or w/e, I acted like I do in FFXI so I think everyone knew I was a guy. Anyway I pretty much assume that everyone else assumes that most female chars are played by guys unless otherwise stated for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:20 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

lol kayne i love you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:53 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kayne wrote:
I'm a female Night Elf omg =p

Seriously though I tried Undead and the starting areas made me want to quit right away. Ugly as hell.

Night Elf male rogue has the worst stance next to Elvaan Female monk in FFXI.

I guess I could have went Hume but their racial traits suck for rogue. Anyway NE Female rogue had one of the best stances while stealthed so I win irl.

And no I didn't use my character to get free shit or w/e, I acted like I do in FFXI so I think everyone knew I was a guy. Anyway I pretty much assume that everyone else assumes that most female chars are played by guys unless otherwise stated for some reason.

I'm not judging :P I created a human priest, and I absolutely hate the male human models with cloth armor, so I made it a female. My comment wasn't a jab at you, or anything, hahah... Just stating that most of the younger kids do like night elves.

It was kinda funny how in like the first 5 minutes of gameplay, though, I was asked if I had a b/f. haha.

When it comes to Rogues, I like gnomes, since they have that escape artist trait and they're so small that if they do get uncovered, you can still hide in a bush, or something. haha.

Edit: Besides, getting ganked by a rogue gnome named Pintsize has to come with some comedic value. :P

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft