It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: WoW headed to Hollywood
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:26 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Quote:
World of Warcraft has been rumored to be jumping platforms to the Xbox 360 for some time, but if The New York Times is correct, the next jump it makes will instead be to the world of film.

The Times is reporting that Blizzard will announce Tuesday that its massively successful, massively multiplayer online role-playing game is set to be made into a big-budget fantasy picture along the lines of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings films, with Warner Bros.' Legendary Pictures handling the production.

Director, cast, release date, and budget are all undetermined as of yet, but the paper quotes Blizzard CEO Paul Sams as saying that the goal is to make "one of the best films in the world," a World of Warcraft pic that will appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike. He said Legendary Pictures management was keenly attuned to what Blizzard wanted out of a World of Warcraft film. Legendary's first film was Batman Begins. Other projects being brought to the big screen by Legendary Pictures include Superman Returns, The Ant Bully, Where the Wild Things Are, and Frank Miller's 300.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149638.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:35 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

lol

Not surprising though with the massive popularity of the game... Xbox360 version would be crazy though.. would totally shit on SE bringing FFXI to 360 haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:49 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

maybe a Warcraft movie would be hot, but I wonder if they mean the storyline of the Warcraft World, or something weird made out of the World's of Warcraft Game? The blizzard storylines are always awesome enough to make a movie out of, but I don't know if a mmorpg, even WoW is worthy of a movie. Guess it all breaks down to how bad of a video game movie it will be right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:46 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Daedalan wrote:
The blizzard storylines are always awesome enough to make a movie out of, but I don't know if a mmorpg, even WoW is worthy of a movie. Guess it all breaks down to how bad of a video game movie it will be right?

Think of it as a Movie set in the Warcraft universe, and not a movie based on WoW, and hopefully it'd suck less. Think epic battles with orcs and demons and scanitly clad night elves prancing about. I.e. fantasy movie gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:23 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

still think starcraft should have gotten a movie first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:54 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Starcraft could be a cool alien-like movie, but thats been over done. Although on the heels of LoTRs doesnt help, i think they could do a really cool movie if it had the budget LoTR had and peter jackson.

god knows they wont do that. If only we could find a Director like Brian Singer who could convert video games to movies as well as he does comics to movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:38 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yarr wrote:
Starcraft could be a cool alien-like movie, but thats been over done. Although on the heels of LoTRs doesnt help, i think they could do a really cool movie if it had the budget LoTR had and peter jackson.

god knows they wont do that. If only we could find a Director like Brian Singer who could convert video games to movies as well as he does comics to movies.

The article says that the company that hired him to do Superman is doing the WoW movie.

By the way, what the hell do you see in him? He's really just an action movie director. Dime a dozen. Erm, sorry. Looney a dozen.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft