It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Hmmm.. How to spec my Priest for end game.
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:02 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

So I want to get into raiding just enough to get some great gear, then I want to focus back onto Shadow Spec and PVP like crazy.

So this is the best non pussy holy\disc build I could find\make.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?dxMusVVVorxt0cb

So give me some feedback. Unless you never played a high end priest, cause if you didnt, i dont want to hear your feedback.

Post subject: Re: Hmmm.. How to spec my Priest for end game.
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:08 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yarr wrote:
So I want to get into raiding just enough to get some great gear, then I want to focus back onto Shadow Spec and PVP like crazy.

So this is the best non pussy holy\disc build I could find\make.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?dxMusVVVorxt0cb

So give me some feedback. Unless you never played a high end priest, cause if you didnt, i dont want to hear your feedback.

Lol. Well alot of people on this forum probably quit their high end priests before they reconstructed priest talents.

I love the "just long enough to get some great gear" lol. It takes alot of time to get great gear Yarr. High-End instances once every day or every other day and then the mob's got to drop priest shit, and you have to have a shitload of DKP (unless they REALLY like your name or something) saved up to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:24 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Are you trying to explain how a DKP system works to me?

Priests are not as common as most. Getting a "good" set of gear wont take that long at all considering DKP is setup to ease the process of sorting out multiple people getting 1 piece of rare gear.
I wont have to worry about that so much.

Im looking for experianced players feed back (people like Ridere and Vurin for example).

You post was retarded and I probably should have just deleted it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 am 
Eater of cow souls

hey everyone im' hijacking yarr's topic because i'm 2/4 demons for my rhok'delar and lok'delar

i don't know anything about priest but if you don't get a response here try the wow priest forums ? could probably get quick feedback there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:37 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Naw those forums suck everyone is so super opinionated to their own views that the threads just turn into fights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:39 am 
Eater of cow souls

Ultimaj wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:26 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Vurin started playing months and months after release. I've played WoW just as long as everyone else, and have had 3 60's.

You've never even done an endgame instance. If you think you can make a quick foray into PvE you're goddamn wrong, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:20 pm 
Eater of cow souls

just got my third demon head. 1 more and i get epic bow staff pleasure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:39 pm 
Eater of cow souls

ladies and gents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:56 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Hi uhh you're sort of interupting my arguement here god!

(Nice bow, though. Congrats)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:59 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

yarr lol ponuh's been playing wow longer than both of us. i would think he'd know a bit more. But yea w/e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:18 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

man i was usin this to see what i should spec my shaman w/ at endgame and noticed that the tree is entirely different :? mustve changed w/ patch
:(
EDIT: Im dumb, just saw this was 1.11 so its the next patch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:44 pm 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

That's actually not too bad of a build Yarr, (its a decent dmg/healer build). Power Infusion really isn't that useful other than buffing yourself to do dmg in pvp :). (which is important in a build, if you are looking for versitality)

But if you are going pure healer~ this is another decent build:

Click.

It has the spirit support, the +healing from your spirit stats, and general healing buffs. Spirit of Redemption is nice too.

And as to endgame~, I think both you and Ponuh are right. Some good gear is "easy" to get~, but Blizzard keeps up with end-game guilds and keeps releasing newer content and better gear. So unless you set a limit to how "good" you want your gear to be, you will spend all your time raiding and learning new PvE content.

I don't have nearly the experience of raid success that Dinav's guild has, but our guild has gotten C'thun to phase 2 regularly, so not exactly inexperienced either.~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:47 pm 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Oh and grats on the bow Ultimaj :D

Now you just need to save those points for armor and maybe Huhu's stinger :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:27 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Okay Yarr's Build - I used that same exact build with a few changes ( imp PWS for example = not worth it). Its fine for Soloing and Pvp being a good mix for both. If you decide to go with this. I reccomend adjust it to. Drop Imp PW:S, consider some points in silent resolve, particularly important since you're horde side, and if you join a guild that will do BWL. If you do MC primarily you can safely skip it.

Consider Imp Mana Burn Or Inner Fire or More Silent Resolve instead of Force of will. Inner Fire = live longer and Mana Burn is a great spell to use on paladins and opposing priests. These talents may actually help make up for the lack of pvp versatility that shadow spec gives. Holy side your specis fine.

That other build- Again with imp PW:S... and Wand spec. Ew. martyrdom or Silent resolve. please!
You could consider droppign Imp Renew for The increased smite dmg/ + 1 crit chance if you wanted to Eke out a bit more dmg from it.

Spiritual Healing Isn't effected by + healiing gear, so ocne you start rankign down your heals it becoems quite a sucksy talent. Thus its quite acceptable to skip it.

Spiritual Guidance is a decent talent though useful in many situations. Its not overwhelmign but it affects every spell so its good shit. Just remember no pvp's in spirit gear, and end game spirit itemization is kinda shitty so.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?bxTMsAVoobEzI is my current build. Some things. 1 my damage sucks. blessed recovery sucks. Spell warding is actually an excellent talent, I love it dearly, but you give up a lot to get it. Namely the faster casting gheals/smites which hurts my mana efficeny in raids and my ability to use spells other than SW:P and Mind blast for damage in Pvp.

Some builds I'd consider using ymself:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?bxrMsVVoZbAtccb This gives you Smite nukage, heal Rnak 2 spammage and inspiration for raids. All the efficeny talents in Disc, and has a free points for your discretion. Flaws = No PI for that "ZOmg wham need dmg now factor".

Variation - drop 1 from spell warding and get the longer range on smite. All in all its a raiding build with some toys for smiting.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?dxG0sZfhtcc0qZeM0z this is for the Raider who can't give up Mind Flay for Pvp. You Got Midn Flay for Runners, SW:P's longer duration, a chance to stun, a chance to get a boost to dmg from spirit tap.
Its weakness is frankly that it doesn't have any of the cooler toys from later in shadow that make blackout, Mind flay, and SW:P own so hard. and Again Spiritual guidance's weakness once you're in pvp gear.

In any event the key to remember that you are making concessions to keep damage/pvp versatility. You won't have the gear to be an uber healer, and you won't have eveyr last healign toy and talent. The idea is to pick up the key ones ( inner focus and meditation at a mininium) and then spare what poitns you can for the pvp DPS toys.

Anyway after all that if you like your build just drop imp PW:S for Silent Resole/martyrdom, and one force of will for divine spirit you'll probbaly do fine for yourself. The builds I offer are jsut for comparisions of other optiosn and what they try and accomplish. its ultimately personal choice and all that, and I probably wouldn't play any of them as is =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:03 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

This thread may me get off my ass and spend the 10g to respec my priest. I ended up goign with : http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?bxrMsVMoZbxtcfbV

I've decided Pi just wasn't worth it. i'd had it for a long time, but it just wasn't pulling its weight. It seldom helped me win fights 1 on 1, and in PvE having 1 of 30 DPS classes do 20% extra damage for a fraction of the fight... well thats the very definition of inisignificant.

This build gives me the ability to use heal ranks 2-4 and gheal 1 for the majority of my (pve) healing. I get far mroe healage for my mana pool like this. Which is good cause I lost 6% of my mana pool =P. Spiritual Guidance is only +50 healing/dmg in my Pvp gear and about 75 in my pve gear but compared to force of will its actually about the same amount of a bonus for smiting, and its significantly more ( since force of will does +0 to heals) on my heals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:31 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ahhh thank you very much 2u and vurin, thats exactly the feedback i was looking for.

oh and one general question about respecing.

Do I have to rebuy all the spell ranks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:15 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yarr wrote:
Ahhh thank you very much 2u and vurin, thats exactly the feedback i was looking for.

oh and one general question about respecing.

No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:34 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Ponuh wrote:
Yarr wrote:

No.
no, u just go to your trainer in your main city, and ask to unlearn your talents, then u get to spend however many talents you should have. all abilities (ranks) are still learned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:58 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Well you need to rebuy talent skills. So the hgiher ranks of holy nova, and divine spirit need to be repurchased ( or mind flay if you stayed shadow). But these skills are much reduced in cost compared to normal skills, so its probably like 1-2 gold extra if that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:09 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Vurin wrote:
Well you need to rebuy talent skills. So the hgiher ranks of holy nova, and divine spirit need to be repurchased ( or mind flay if you stayed shadow). But these skills are much reduced in cost compared to normal skills, so its probably like 1-2 gold extra if that.

Yeah, they're really about 10% of normal skills, if that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:59 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

shadow priests can heal just fine in raid instances. just go shadow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:49 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Yarr use the Fag build, it's always worked for you in the past.

btw you're all gay come back to ffxi kthx =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:31 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

gonna copy Vurin's spec almost exactly

actually not almost, im going with that exactly. I like the idea of PI but i agree, its pretty usless for a fraction of a fight and maybe 2-3 spells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:32 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

actually i changed it slightly

at 57 this is my spec now

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?dxrMsVVoZbxtccok

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft