It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Warlock is so fun...
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:45 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

LoL So, I got pwned the first couple of times I got into a duel as my warlock. I have read all the guides online you can read, and everyone said use fear use fear use fear, and I being a hard headed ass never did, I didn't want to be like everyone else :-p

I used fear finally in a duel... I pwned them so hard it was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. I feared some warrior and he went running full force into a inn and got stuck inside the inn. A hunter siced his pet on me, I feared the pet it jumped off the bridge in lakeshire.

LoL I love fear, even with WoTF, which I got jumped by a lvl 30 undead at lvl 24 and still got a fear off, and it wasn't resisted and it took him a quick second to hit WoTF in that time I had already started running...

Fear is god, and I have seen the light.

Now all they need is to let me use CoD in world-pvp and I can have some real fun, although I can still cast it on random low-lvl mobs near towns...

Hellfire AoE + CoD = dead stealthed rogue Hear my cries Blizzard, hear my cries!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:08 am 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

Warlocks are up there on my hate list...right under hunters.

Dot > fear > dot > fear > dot > fear

assholes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:17 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Matti wrote:

assholes...

ditto..

I also fucking hate hunters, and especially ... paladdins. You fucking pricks. They put a shield that has no damage limit.. just a timer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:27 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Location: In the backseat of your truck with ducktape stretched out...
wait till u get death coil /shudders

http://www.myspace.com/nchynk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:44 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

lol I have noticed one very important thing though, whenever someone is griefing the towns, they go after me like I have a giant kick me sign on me, and having a huge blue behemoth following me doesn't help my ability to hide very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:53 am 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

Daedalan wrote:
lol I have noticed one very important thing though, whenever someone is griefing the towns, they go after me like I have a giant kick me sign on me, and having a huge blue behemoth following me doesn't help my ability to hide very well.

It's not just Warlocks. Melees (especially fucking lame ass hunters) always target squishy cloth wearers. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:04 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

my cloth is hawt though :-p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:24 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I miss the good old days when you could Curse of Doom party members who were Mind Controlled by mobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:28 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

lmao that sounds so hawt! Sorry Nub, you got mindcontrolled, now you are going to become my demon bitch or die, you choose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:26 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Matti wrote:

assholes...

Fuck you Mr I'll freeze you in a block of ice, then oneshot you before you get a chance to do anything else.

Mages are homos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:20 pm 
Fishwader Miramblix
Fishwader Miramblix

You guys are all wrong. I'd like to torture every rogue that ever walked the earth. I have the most problems with them.

And for some reason, I have almost no fear of warlocks. I'm like, "Yeah, fear me so I run backwards and end up far enough away to one-shot your ass. Cacklecacklecackle"

(I'm one of those "fucking lame ass hunters" btw)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:49 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

you don't fear hunters, you fear their pets and CoEX you so you can't run away from my pet and me doing instant Sbolts on you. Your nothing without your range. If your pet is feared a really good warlock will eat you alive in the 10 secs it takes for the pet to break it and come back. Mages are nothing to me either, my only concerns are rogues, they are the reason I have to walk with my succy out and about, just in case a bitch ass rogue sneaks up on me, its the only way I have a shot. everyone else is cannon foldder...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:43 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

yea i hate rogues WAY more then locks
i can just use purge and get rid of demon armor then wail on them w/ windfury \:D/ oh and earth shock them from casting fear :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:23 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Ryuuji wrote:
yea i hate rogues WAY more then locks
i can just use purge and get rid of demon armor then wail on them w/ windfury \:D/ oh and earth shock them from casting fear :twisted:

Shamans are fucking stupid and easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:28 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

LMAO If you play as a lock, and someone duels you, and they don't realize they are not going to get a fair "by the rules fight" they need help. Last time I checked lock was the only class inherited from the demons...

Blizzard didn't give me useless ass create healthstone for nothing, that bitch is getting used, deal...

God I love lock, seducing a warrior 2 lvls higher then you, and running around him twice and then dotting and fearing him away, is the happiest feeling in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:31 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Warlocks are usually nothing without death coil, at least for rogues anyway. I could usually beat warlocks even if they death coil me still haha. Although, they could beat any class if they are prepared for it or bring out the right pet. Warlocks are the most overpowered class out of all of the classes imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:02 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Trid wrote:
Warlocks are usually nothing without death coil, at least for rogues anyway. I could usually beat warlocks even if they death coil me still haha. Although, they could beat any class if they are prepared for it or bring out the right pet. Warlocks are the most overpowered class out of all of the classes imo.

My RL frien who plays a warlock actually said that yesterday when we were tlaking. He said that without death coil rogues are going to own him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:00 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I'm a SL Lock, I eat rogues for breakfast...

Macro in firestone and sword, the paranoia from fel, and the soulink to him, I can do insane damage with instant corrupt, coa, and then firestone and sword attacks... SL Melee lock FTW

Don't believe me, look up a video called Nerf Firestone... 1v1 warlocks have a million ways to pwn. Group PvP, I'm a free kill unless I spec draintanking, but then I would be useless in 1v1 pvp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:47 am 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/class.html ... =26;page=1

Post of the mage forums about how to handle a hunter and/or warlock in PvP.

Quote:
Hunter,
ignore pet, get in the deadzone (use blink), keep him in the deadzone, avoid frosttrap...

Warlock,
just die asap to get it over with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:52 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Me being a lock myself I've learned to duel without fear. I'm spec'd mostly destruction. I have about +200 spell damage, +18 to crit and with my imp out I have about 5800 health and mana and don't have a need for fear. Nothing pisses off someone you are dueling more than owning them without fear. I love it. I always hear "wtf nerf locks"

Here's some great "piss people off" dueling tips if you're a lock

Succubus > Charm > Shadowbolt > Charm... > Shadowbolt > Shadowburn (Deathcoil if neccesary)

Charms must be timed to go off right after the shadowbolt hits for maximum annoyance. This takes some practice.

Another thing is to practice killing ppl you duel. If you time Shadowburn to hit right when your damage from shadowbolt/deathcoil is going to finish them off you can kill ppl in a duel. Very hard to gtt the timing down and varies with your connection speed but if you get it right it's so nice to kill your guildies or someone who thinks they are the shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:50 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Much more fun and annoying to go with affliction spec, slap on some DoTs, drain life and stand there and laugh at them as their health quickly disappears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:15 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4521&q=ome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:59 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

lmao

i can see it now...

"he lost on purpose"

seducelocking, deathcoil, and shadowbolt spam, does not = win

unless the person is a noob...

DoTs + SP + puppy + SL = you are my bitch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:40 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

You're 60 right Daed? It's a hard knock life for locks in BGs. I spent this weekend playing my friend's warlock while he played my warrior and goddamn it was a bitch (but so fucking fun that I'm level my own now <3 level 14 atm haha)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:26 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I get the benefit of playing as several diffrent locks.

I brought into MMOs by introducing them to FFXI my cousins and their friends. They left the beginning of last year ago or maybe before that, and started playing WoW. They each have like max characters lvl 60s, and just pvp all day. They each got a lock diffrent specs.

I just started so my lock is only 50, but I'll be 60 soon if my lvling continues as easily as it has been. I lose alot of fights because I'm not well adapted to killing people yet, I still get the guilt when I start attacking someone. But I'm BGing now, and it helps to train that away.

I'm a huge proponent of world pvp, and routinely group together people at night that are logging off to go grief or harass a horde town before we log. I'm even managed to get together people and attack horde guilds while they get rdy to do stuff, its fun all the way around.

From my viewpoint, warlock is fun. I'm not stupid enough to think I should win every fight, in fact I feel guilty beating a warrior, he should have won. And I lose also sometimes, its not 100%. That said though, you don't ever get better at anything by always winning. You have to lose to learn how to get better.

Alot of players hate locks, think we are easy mode. Do you realize how many damn things I have to keep track of and know when and what to use in what situation. I have a tons of diffrent ways to deal with people depending on what hp i have, what pet i have, what cooldowns are active, and what trinket they have and what class they have and ... the list goes on.

I never get the same fight more then once, there is so much variation. Thats why I luv warlock and proudly say "Warlock is sooo fun"

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft