It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Just how addictive is this game...?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:26 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I kind of want to start playing this game...how addictive would you rate this game compared to FFXI though?

The thing I hated about FFXI is how I would get myself into situations that would require 5 or 6 strait hours of work and I would feel obligated to stay the whole time and the game pretty much fucked my grades for a year, and friends seriously hated the game. I've heard the game is much more casual than FFXI, but how much more casual?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:33 pm 
Eater of cow souls

you can pick it up and do something useful in 5 minutes. except for instances to get better gear, you solo exp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:34 pm 
Eater of cow souls

oh and it's not very addictive really.. i don't find myself sitting on it for 8 hours at a time like ffxi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:28 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ultimaj wrote:
oh and it's not very addictive really.. i don't find myself sitting on it for 8 hours at a time like ffxi

exactly how i feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:33 am 
Tough!
Tough!

ya, u can play as much as you want and still get somewhere with the game. If you are hardcore you can play all the time doing PvP, instances, and grinding reputations. If you are a casual player, u can go quest a bit and do some of the smaller instances to get decent gear.

Since there are a lot of people playin the game now, its pretty easy to just leave a group whenever u happen to be in an instance. You dont have to wait for 30min while a 67whm/smn gets on in order to keep going or you are screwed. Also, you can choose many jobs to facilitate the different functions of a party (main heal as priest, druid, or pally, etc)

and theres rest EXP, so if you dont play for a week, you get like 200% of exp from every mob, so you level quicker than if you have been playing 1 week straight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:46 am 
Spammer, to the max!

put simply

u can pick it up and put it down and there no big party xp grind find replacement crap etc etc

most places u go to get gear "instances" normally take 30 mins to an hour and a half to complete then your party is done and u get to be alone again. Sometimes people even go to these hour long instances for a quick boss so only takes 45 minutes (baron ^^) And screw traveling, buying a chocobo, imagine joining a group in a main city and then you get instantly summoned to where everyone else is. Its like having a white mage to teleport u anywhere in the game. End-game instances are a little more involved but you don't have to be end-game to really enjoy this game, soloing is easy PVP etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:44 pm 
Fishwader Miramblix
Fishwader Miramblix

Here's a good explanation...

I've been playing it for a couple of months, and I do find it very entertaining, but I came back to Ohio to visit family for awhile and didn't feel the need to install it on my laptop and bring it while I'm here. I did, however, do that with final fantasy when I came last time.

And what's even better is that I'll have a whole buttload of rested xp when I get back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:50 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Wow that rested EXP thing is pretty cool, I'd only be able to play it like 2 days a week at most so that would work out. Which server is most populated with old ifrit players?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:41 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

yeah its great that its pretty non addictive, but we shouldnt kid ourselves that we don't sit playing for hours ;p.
getting groups for some of the bigger quests in zones are kind of lame, BUt usually everyone in the zone around your level is trying to do the same stuff, not like ffxi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:43 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Poncho_Rodriguez wrote:
Wow that rested EXP thing is pretty cool, I'd only be able to play it like 2 days a week at most so that would work out. Which server is most populated with old ifrit players?

you will want to play a lot more than 2 days believe me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:22 am 
Eater of cow souls

agamaggan has the most old ifrit players, all on horde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:54 am 
Fishwader Miramblix
Fishwader Miramblix

freaking who all is on that server? anyone i know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:03 am 
Eater of cow souls

me, dustdevil, exo, taquito, ariseth, supafly, circa, zilart, brim, aximilli and there's more but i just can't remember them, that's just a few of them. leaks, arkin, rushal all have 60s on the server but retired them i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:21 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I haven't logged in since last tuesday, how much rested EXP would I get?

And I don't think its nearly as addicting for me as FFXI is. I still have 4 or 5 days left on my free trial, and I log onto FFXI anyways. Or Guild Wars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:06 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

pretty sure a week of no playing is worth about 1 and a half levels worth of rest exp. it says it in the instruction manual. ya, rest exp makes things a lot easier

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft