It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:19 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: What Mods are a MUST HAVE for a Raiding Priest?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:56 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I just joined a guild that is doing BWL. I did a raid last night and I have no mods for my priest.

I assume I need to download all the CT stuff.

http://www.ctmod.net/downloads.ct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:08 am 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

Most of the guilds on my server make it a requirement to have CT Raid Assist. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:14 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Its a req for the guild I just got into now too.

I didnt have half the stuff that were "must have" to join. I got in based on talking to the Guild Master and my application. I dont even have MC attunement lol. Hell I dont even have full Tier 0.

I also have been doing so many instance runs (UD\Live strat, Scholo, UBRS\LBRS and so on) that I have made a small name for myself as a healer. People seem to remember me.

Oh and the guild I got into isnt the "most elite" guild. Its more like what I tried to keep CKD like. A guild just big enough to get everything in game done. They also dont have an open door policy. The Guild Master hand picks all members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:24 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I am not a priest but I know all the priests in my guild have Decursive as it is a MUST in our guild.

also at cursed gaming, go to the Priest Link there and see what MODs you find that you think will help you.

I remember a healer in one of my guilds before I got into a raiding guild talking about a mod that uses the most efficient heal spell so that you don't end up wasting mana on an over heal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:48 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Yarr is using cheats again, tsk tsk HYPOCRISY (sp?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:02 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Tomake wrote:
Yarr is using cheats again, tsk tsk HYPOCRISY (sp?)

lol

Go F yourself! \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:50 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addo ... stbar.html

Natur's cast Bar. Excellent PVP and PVE mod. when a enemy or player has a buff or ability on a timer this gives you a movable visiible "cast bar" of it. For example in pvp a warrior pops berserker rage you get a bar that coutns up to 10 secodns when the effect will fade ( and thus you can fear again). Also shows thigns like duration fo poly/shacke. In pve I find it particularly useful for the drakes in BWL because I am primarily the OT healer there. What this allows me to do is see the oncomign wingbuffet. Thus I can break i nto Los on the OTs, shield them, and ehal them for the few secodns they tank during wingbuffet, then duck back behind cover. essentially it makes healing them preemptively childsplay.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addo ... craft.html

Theory craft. ZOMG this mod is a dream. Ever wonder what affect all that + heal gear was having on your heals? this mod will tell you. It'll also tell you how much +1 crit will be worth compared + healing. In short it shows a wealth of information that any knowledgable could have figured out, but now any idiot can quickly see what his +healing is actually causing him to ehal for.

It also has options to see what a different set of gear or talent spec would have on your spell as well. Also works equally well with melee attacks and such.

I don't use whisper cast or decursive, but both are popular. If you want to get really invovled I use clickheal to speed up the time it takes me to have a heal inc to a player in need, but I'm still up in the air about it since until properly set up it causes just as many problems as it fixes, and can't be turned off with a / command.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:37 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Theorycraft is very nice.

CTMod has a lot of healer mods built in. SelfCast has become second nature, but a general UI that you're comfortable with is the most important aspect.

Don't make the mistake of healing too much out of group in high end raiding unless you're meant to. CTRaid's multiple tabs confuses most new healers into thinking, "if it's red, heal it" as their group dies because they're too focused on the rest of the raid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:19 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Awesome, thanks everyone so far. Keep the suggestions coming in. Its very appreciated.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:01 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

For BWL you will need Onyxia scale cloak for sure to get Shadow Flame protection (we priests dont handle 5k damage very well). The CTraid etc is a must. I use the Benecast mod which helps on healing those tanks that get the crap kicked outta them. Also get a healing meter up to see how you are stacking up against other healers. Try and get some Fire resis gear. Concentrate healing the tanks if you can keep them alive it should all go well Good luck! BWL is a blast :-P
End Game loot list http://69.41.171.43/priest.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:03 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-3488-1-klhthreatmeter.html

KLHThreatMeter monitors and records your threat, and will list your threat in a table with other members of your party or raid group who are using the mod. Most class talents, abilities, and items that cause or modify threat are taken into account. There is a table for your personal threat contribution, broken into specific categories such as white damage, healing, mana gain, etc, and specific abilities such as Sunder Armor and Taunt.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-3874-1-spellalert-modified-again.html

SpellAlert warns the user of what enemies around him are casting.
good for predecting when to cast shield & blah blah

[/url]

Sengi 60 Warrior , Profile : http://ctprofiles.net/616175

W A R S O N G - Allience Side ( Sadly )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:00 pm 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

Decursive.

I just started running MC and there are a few mobs that do AoE curses. It's a pain to try and go through to decurse everyone without Decursive. Good for priests too though for dispell magic or whatever..

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft