It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:58 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post subject: Bleh
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:48 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Ok, so I'm more or less done with FF. Only off and on nowadays, and I'm casually playing WoW, (maybe a couple of nights a week.) I'm a 15 gnome warlock on Agrammar blah blah

I picked warlock because it seemed like a job with a decently difficult learning curve and offered a lot of versatility with talent points and such.

Anyway, are there any hybrid builds that people know that seem to work well? Something other than the SM/Ruin etc. combinations you can find ona sticky on the WoW forums?

Just want some opinions for what works best and what I should invest into at lower levels. I have a friend telling me I should spec straight into nightfall, but it doesn't seem entirely worth it right at 25, then again I'm still learning heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:52 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

You scared me...I thought this was the 'I'm quitting' post for Shadowstalker =(
When you quit....it's all downhill from there, hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:28 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Reinheld has a high level lock. He can probably give you some great advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:18 pm 
Eater of cow souls

warlock is probably the most technical/hardest job in the game to play. which is why you'll find shitty warlocks are a dime a dozen. seems like the perfect class for you shadowstalker lol

Post subject: Re: Bleh
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:25 pm 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

Shadowstalker wrote:
Ok, so I'm more or less done with FF.

Does that mean you're not gonna play 12 or 13 when they come out?

Post subject: Re: Bleh
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:39 pm 

Pazrayna wrote:
Shadowstalker wrote:
Ok, so I'm more or less done with FF.

Does that mean you're not gonna play 12 or 13 when they come out?

Way to be nitpicky ;p

If the actual FF games keep spiraling downward like they have been, (X-2 incidentally being Charlie's Angels meets FF /vomit) then I'll lose interest in playing them, but I'll still give them a shot.

Anyway, yeah J, after reading about it, I kind of deduced it'd be a difficult job. Same reason I picked RDM to start with way back when, seemed more technical than most of the other jobs. More to do + learning little intricacies of a job = more fun for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:42 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

For leveling to 60 the most efficient spec is Affliction because of drain tanking. Get Improved Drain Life, Life Tap, and Fel Concentration, use Succubus, and the mobs will fall quickly.

I only have a level 21 warlock myself, but I perma'd (literally, we never got within 100 exp difference of each other) with my RL friend who is a warlock. I often play his warlock because it's so fucking fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:17 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

This is my build, I love it. It's awesome for soloing and it's pretty decent PVP, the only class I seem to have trouble fighting is rogue...I hate those bastards.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:54 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=NV0bZfxhzgxotZxx0z Offensive Soul link

That's my spec now. Only time I have trouble with anything is if they are decked out in BWL/AQ gear since im only in Tier1 and Nemesis head or they rush me with more then 2 people (I can usually take at least 1 person out though haha)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IV0wVRbkiZfxhuMoo

That build is just for sac'ing your VW and drain tanking people. It's more PvE soloing garnered though.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IV0iVRbkAofxVzM

Different then Iolanthe's build because of the 5/5 in increased mana pool for your pets. Which helps when you drain their mana.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IV0bZcxZxxotMxtt

use your succubus for seduction and melt the person.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=NA0bVRbZbxuzgxot

Defensive Soul link- Not a good choice I would say

Basically as a Soul Link warlock I have at current close to 6k hp. With a felhunter out I have +60 to all my resistances and a spell lock/Dispel. Then 30% of my dmg taken is given to the felhunter figurativly making my hp above 7k. Soul link warlocks are called mini raid bosses for a reason

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:39 pm 

This is sort of a quick build that I'm sort of leaning toward, keep in mind I'm a total noob at this and haven't given it that much thought.

I dunno how good it is and I'm trying to stay out of demonology because lower level stuff, (with the exception of improved healthstone and maybe improved VW) are not really anything I'm interested in at all

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Ai0rARbkVobZxx0xM

I don't think I want to get any points in improved immolate because I don't plan on getting conflagrate (obviously.) The only other thing I would consider is taking away a few points in affliction to build up for ruin, (since it's only one point and a really good one point spec.)

I dunno, thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:46 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Shadowstalker wrote:
This is sort of a quick build that I'm sort of leaning toward, keep in mind I'm a total noob at this and haven't given it that much thought.

I dunno how good it is and I'm trying to stay out of demonology because lower level stuff, (with the exception of improved healthstone and maybe improved VW) are not really anything I'm interested in at all

I don't think I want to get any points in improved immolate because I don't plan on getting conflagrate (obviously.) The only other thing I would consider is taking away a few points in affliction to build up for ruin, (since it's only one point and a really good one point spec.)

I dunno, thoughts?

It'd be better to rearrange 5 into Demonic Embrace if you're going to PvP, probably. Warlocks, unlike mages, usually need to take several hits before they can distance themselves from their attackers. However endgame warlock gear, plus demonic embrace gives you a shitload of HP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:50 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

Here's a tip. Respec, respec, respec. If this is your first character, don't be afraid to try new things to see what works. Warlock is probably the class with the most options in terms of speccing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:55 pm 

Yeah, I've got a million years before I even come close to needing to respecing since I'm only 15 anyway, lol

Just trying to get some advice from other people and maybe come up with my own style that I think works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:07 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Shadowstalker wrote:

I dunno, thoughts?

Put a point out of Devastation and put it into shadowburn. Also with Dark Pact your going to want improved Imp and 5/5 in pets mana to make it worthwhile. Id highly reccomend not using a Dark Pact build for lvling really. I see it more as an end game PvE build so you can keep pumping out shadow bolts. For lvling id highly reccomend Soul link or an affliction build up to nightfall and then buff your pets.

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft