It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:04 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:57 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

Kotee wrote:
You having problems with the site, Ike? I can't create an account. =/

i said that in 2 posts, its been down all day.

but now that im really thinking about it, and after i talked with madi...wow is basicaly one big pvp battle right?

like thats what you level for, to kill people? to be honest im really not that excited about that, i hate competition 1v1...id rather group up with an ls and go kill hella gods and get rare items that i can show off, and be apart of a family. ilmost done installing disk 4, but this game better be effing good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:13 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Yeah im like a 20 warrior, 23 rogue, 23 paladin, and a 23 hunter and im still having a hard time choosing a class/race that i like. Leveling 1-60 seems really weird when you can do it all by yourself. I still havent found a guild that just doesnt invite people for the hell of it, and then have no one be on for weeks.

Idk, maybe i could come play on agamagagn with you guys? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:27 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

goDeejay wrote:
Yeah im like a 20 warrior, 23 rogue, 23 paladin, and a 23 hunter and im still having a hard time choosing a class/race that i like. Leveling 1-60 seems really weird when you can do it all by yourself. I still havent found a guild that just doesnt invite people for the hell of it, and then have no one be on for weeks.

Idk, maybe i could come play on agamagagn with you guys? :?

Yes please Deejay!! Looking for friends to join us. =) I guarantee we find a join a great guild, or we make our own.
In in response to Ike's doubts...I think it's more then just PvP...you kill others to get to a mob, I have been told. Unlike FFXI where you kill mobs to get to a bigger mob sometimes, ie Dynamis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:14 am 
Tough!
Tough!

Cool, it'd be fun to play with a few FFXI vets rather than be all by myself. I assume that you guys are going to roll horde? I'd probably make a troll shaman cause theyre hawt. Let me know when/if you guys make your chars so i know who to look for lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:25 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Parade wrote:
Kotee wrote:

but now that im really thinking about it, and after i talked with madi...wow is basicaly one big pvp battle right?

like thats what you level for, to kill people? to be honest im really not that excited about that, i hate competition 1v1...id rather group up with an ls and go kill hella gods and get rare items that i can show off, and be apart of a family. ilmost done installing disk 4, but this game better be effing good.

You're way too easily swayed by other people. Seriously, you've started WoW and restarted WoW tons of times. Just play the game and make up your own decision because Madi obviously doesn't understand what the hell he's talking about if he said that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:31 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Ultimaj wrote:
agamaggan horde

I'm going with this. Making my character right now! =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:43 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

Ponuh wrote:
Parade wrote:
Kotee wrote:

You're way too easily swayed by other people. Seriously, you've started WoW and restarted WoW tons of times. Just play the game and make up your own decision because Madi obviously doesn't understand what the hell he's talking about if he said that.

i played it once, and i hated it. im not easily persuaded, i have been for ffxi all the way, i was NEVER excited about wow, im just willing to give wow anotehr chance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:57 am 
Tough!
Tough!

sorry i havent had time to reactivate my char, been super hella busy irl w/ 16hrs of college, 4 3 hour labs, managing a store, and tryin to get me a new girl

wow isnt one of my priorities anymore, but ill try to get on asap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:05 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Parade wrote:
i played it once, and i hated it. im not easily persuaded, i have been for ffxi all the way, i was NEVER excited about wow, im just willing to give wow anotehr chance

Make up your own opinions then by playing WoW an adequete amount. Don't listen to people; especially people like Madisonli who just simply don't know what they're talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:13 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

haha ok, well i still cant make my account its saying my phone number is inaccurate, so ill just have to do it tomorrow, im sleepy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:01 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ponuh wrote:
With more than one mob, the fear of adds, ect it becomes much more difficult. It's fast paced and oftentimes healers have to constantly heal the tanks to keep them alive, and if that's the case then if you lose hate your healers will die very very quickly.

Do you know how crowd control is handled in FFXI? Well when the mobs can't be slept they are often kited around by other tanks (Prudence) or just some mobs (like Vrtra's summons) are directly linked hate wise to the main NM. Kirin's mini-god summons aren't direcly linked and are pushed down by an entire party/alliance. They can't be simply tanked as they do too much damage. With just general adds like on Aspi, they are slept and then tanked/killed one by one. There are adds in FFXI lol... you have to do different things to overcome them. Tiamat for example some people have a THF train the Corses around at night, if they are tanked they will just charm your tank lol. A charmed melee DD isn't pretty in FFXI, often runs around destroying mages (or smart BLMs PK them).

Crowd/add control isn't that different in FFXI and it is really easy to pull hate as a WHM or RDM cure bombing some dumbass who is trying to solo tank an add (of course the healers in FFXI die easily they are more fragile than WoW classes). If you pull hate from alot of things in FFXI as a healer and it uses a TP move you get one-shotted. You show complete ignorance on the nature of FFXI end game battles. They are just as fast paced and involved as WoW ones, the people who say otherwise are just fooling themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:06 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kotee wrote:
So...you on the Agamomomomon server Eternus? Hope so =X

Not at the moment, I haven't played WoW in over a month. I can probably just make a character there pretty easily though. I already don't play the last character I created on Dunemaul. Kinda pissed because Aalan just wanted to grind the hell out of Honor at level 19 lol. WSG gets boring as fuck if thats all you are doing, at least the new patch supposedly helped the waiting in queues part. I just wanted to stop WSGing and go on leveling haha, I would have been 60 months ago if that jackass would just xp instead of grinding Honor. Heh I should have left him behind in WoW like I pretty much did in FFXI after level 62 or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:02 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Eternus wrote:
Ponuh wrote:
With more than one mob, the fear of adds, ect it becomes much more difficult. It's fast paced and oftentimes healers have to constantly heal the tanks to keep them alive, and if that's the case then if you lose hate your healers will die very very quickly.

Do you know how crowd control is handled in FFXI? Well when the mobs can't be slept they are often kited around by other tanks (Prudence) or just some mobs (like Vrtra's summons) are directly linked hate wise to the main NM. Kirin's mini-god summons aren't direcly linked and are pushed down by an entire party/alliance. They can't be simply tanked as they do too much damage. With just general adds like on Aspi, they are slept and then tanked/killed one by one. There are adds in FFXI lol... you have to do different things to overcome them. Tiamat for example some people have a THF train the Corses around at night, if they are tanked they will just charm your tank lol. A charmed melee DD isn't pretty in FFXI, often runs around destroying mages (or smart BLMs PK them).

Crowd/add control isn't that different in FFXI and it is really easy to pull hate as a WHM or RDM cure bombing some dumbass who is trying to solo tank an add (of course the healers in FFXI die easily they are more fragile than WoW classes). If you pull hate from alot of things in FFXI as a healer and it uses a TP move you get one-shotted. You show complete ignorance on the nature of FFXI end game battles. They are just as fast paced and involved as WoW ones, the people who say otherwise are just fooling themselves.

I'm not talking raid encounters here at all. I'm talking single tank, single party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:31 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

In xp tanks just voke or flash the mob and hope they get hate off the WHM. If the WHM cures the tank at all and the tank is already tanking some xp mob, the WHM pulls hate and will die. This is a stupid strategy that shouldn't be done unless its the only option. Generally with adds you sleep them if its possible. Usually though if you get adds and have no crowd control jobs in your party in FFXI, you all fucking die. If you have no BRD and you get multiple VT skeleton adds, you die usually. Caederva Mire for example you can be fighting a Lamia and a Qutrub attacks (you can't sleep those at all), if you have an additional job that can kind of tank you can have him hold the Qutrub while the rest of the party finishes off the Lamia. The main tank has to use more than voke to keep hate off of a mage, adds will rape a mage in FFXI so damn fast. Usually people resort to kiting, then the last resort is zoning if you just have too many adds (that is if you can even make it to zone).

In WoW as a mage I usually sheep adds or use my aoe as a mage to keep things at bay while the tank takes on the first mob we engaged. Every class can handle adds in WoW depending on the mob type of course. Rogues can gouge adds. You don't have to make a warrior try to tank a group of mobs at once. WoW doesn't force you necessarily into one thing as far as xp goes. Classes are able to solo effectively, even though its slow as hell. If you get too many adds in WoW you can usually get away and the mobs stop following you after a while. Shit like Frost Nova, Blink and Polymorph make it easy enough to get away as a mage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:02 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

damn it and supafli was on agamaggan horde, I'm too busy to play online games, you lucky bastards :p I was a 60 undead priest too ; ;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:14 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Supafly wrote:
damn it and supafli was on agamaggan horde, I'm too busy to play online games, you lucky bastards :p I was a 60 undead priest too ; ;

Hmm...well if your life changes, you may find some time to play! I'll pray you break your legs =) heheh j/k of course kupo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:16 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Eternus wrote:
Kotee wrote:
So...you on the Agamomomomon server Eternus? Hope so =X

Not at the moment, I haven't played WoW in over a month. I can probably just make a character there pretty easily though. I already don't play the last character I created on Dunemaul. Kinda pissed because Aalan just wanted to grind the hell out of Honor at level 19 lol. WSG gets boring as fuck if thats all you are doing, at least the new patch supposedly helped the waiting in queues part. I just wanted to stop WSGing and go on leveling haha, I would have been 60 months ago if that jackass would just xp instead of grinding Honor. Heh I should have left him behind in WoW like I pretty much did in FFXI after level 62 or so.

Hmm..I just plan on getting/starting a good guild, then getting high level, to be ready for the expansion in November. The cap is raising to 70 I hear!! That will change a lot. =) And obviously..in a game where 'xp grinding' is not priority, I'm assuming we'll have fun together doing 'end game' things. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:21 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

By the way...I'm Kotee on Agamaggan server(Horde) PVP. If you get in game send me a tell. By the way...how do I search for people? Only /sea command I know is /who. >..< Which is not that helpful..only for current zone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Who searches all the zones for Horde players last I checked. Thats how I find people anyway haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:59 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

ya, u can type in /who "player name" to find a player, or you can type /who "class" "lvl" in order to find a certain class and lvl range... not hard to find ppl though cuz u can just spam 4: Looking For Group

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:39 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

And you don't need "all". I always made that mistake when I started since /sea all and /who all were in FFXI and EQ respectively

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:56 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Ponuh wrote:
And you don't need "all". I always made that mistake when I started since /sea all and /who all were in FFXI and EQ respectively

Umm.. /who finds 7 people...lol I know there are more on the server then that. I found a way for it to find more(/who then delete the zone entry) but that only found 49 people...I know there are more then that too. Hmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:04 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

49 people is the max search result

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Eternus wrote:
You show complete ignorance on the nature of FFXI end game battles. They are just as fast paced and involved as WoW ones, the people who say otherwise are just fooling themselves.

I'm really curious about this.... My endgame has been really inexperienced in FFXI, i pretty much did gods only. And from my perspective of FFXI, the game was slow paced enough that i could use the menu system to cast spells. I know in WoW raid encounters, sometimes i have a window of 1-2 seconds to be in a spot or perform an ability.

I'm just curious to see if there is anyone with more FFXI expereince than me that could compare the two (and with equivalent WoW experience). Vurin? still out there? or anyone else that raids?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:05 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well I am a BRD and I use macros, most BLM use macros to switch elemental staves for nukes. Macros fire faster imo if you are using the controller. I rarely use the menu system, it is pretty damn slow if you are going to scroll through spells. Did you ever stun TP moves/spells? Gods are pretty damn easy battles nowadays. People straight tank Kirin and kill him in under 10 minutes for example. They didn't nerf Kirin, and the gear hasn't exactly taken a leap forward either. People just understand the game better.

WoW can be pretty fast paced I guess, just as a Mage it is only fast if you are casting insta cast crap anyway (not any faster than doing Chainspell or any insta crap in FFXI). Yeah I guess in WoW you might have to mash abilities fairly fast, you still auto-attack though. I would say my reaction time as a BRD has to be just as fast as if I were pvping as my Mage in WoW lol. Well BRD has long ass casting times, but with lullaby keeping me alive I can't really take too long to cast or I am dead (usually have to time it as the mob wakes up). WoW has a shitload of mods and tools to make the game alot easier too.

Well all MMOs feel slow to me after playing a fighting game on a console for example. Chain 400+ in the new areas seems fast paced enough in FFXI I guess (I am a BRD so I am not used to downtime). You are literally killing mobs faster than they repop and roaming around. Back when you guys played people didn't do roaming parties lol. Downtime due to resting in FFXI is what makes it seem slow in my opinion. In WoW it is easier to drink and eat to get your MP/HP back... and they both auto-regen anyway lol. Couple that with someone who maxes first aid on all his characters, WoW has little downtime. That might make it seem faster along with having more insta-cast abilities. You could probably macro all that shit anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General Gaming » World Of Warcraft