It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: Beer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:39 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

So, I'm sure plenty of us drink a lot of beer, or pretend to be beer connoiseurs. Or maybe some of you actually know what you're talking about! But I don't really. I'm just wondering what kinds you guys like, or what you guys don't like, etc etc. Just post your favorite beers, or top beers and why.

- I don't have a favorite beer. But on the top of my list are Kiltlifter brewed here in Tempe, AZ. Sam Adams Light, and Sunshine Wheat Beer.

- My favorite brown ale is probably JW Dundees Golden Brown

- I really like Sierra Nevada as well, but not so much in bottles, only in glasses.

- I hate Guiness.

- I also don't really like any light beer besides Sam Adams Light.

- I tried Moose Drool while I was in Montana, I thought it was terrible.

Truth is, I don't drink a whole lot. I haven't been out to bars as much as I'd like to have been since turning 21. But I love beer, and I try to get as much as I can. I wish I had more money to spend on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:43 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

This stuff is really good. Probably my favorite beer. I don't drink a lot either, but this stuff and, Hummingbird by Red Oak, I had recently was pretty tasty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:26 am 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

I go through phases but the brands are always consistent and as follows.

- Guinness. I like feeling like I had an entire meal when I drink a beer sometimes.

- Corona - this is my favorite but not because of flavor or anything like that. This is the ONLY beer that Milly will drink with me so I can grab a 24 pack and some limes and we can drink together.

- Heineken - What I have been drinking a lot lately. It's a great tasting beer.

I usually just drink vodka martinis though but sometimes I'm just in the mood for beer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:11 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yeah, the only beer I can stand is Corona. My best friend actually made a big deal of it and snapshotted a pic of me consuming the whole thing. I hate beer.

When it comes to liquor though, I prefer Applebee's mixed drinks or shochu on the rocks.

I remember in my early yrs of HS, I use to bring these large bottled waters and wore a Jansport bag. By senior year, I started to rebel because of my parents and brought petite water bottles contaminated with vodka (thx to my russian friends). I also equipped (hehe) my first Kate Spade bag as well which gave me a latent effect: bitch+1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:39 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm not a connesuier but I've been drinking beer for a long time and I drink a lot of it lol. I'm not the biggest fan of the random imported beer nobody's heard of that you see on the TOPs liquor shelf with 1/2 inch of dust on every bottle. I mostly like the popular beers.

Kilt lifter is hands down my favorite. Seriously if any of you come to AZ you need to try this shit. It gets you drunk too lol. There is something about it...all of my big drinker friends agree, disregard it's alcohol content labeled on the bottle. It's stroooong. The taste is just unmatched by any other beer IMO. It's a favorite statewide in AZ. It doesn't export at all.

Corona and Dos Equis are my favorite mexican beers. I always drink those when I go to Mexico or any Mexico themed bar.

Heineken is my favorite European beer fo sho. I absolutely love the taste. I'm still sad when I went to Amsterdam I never toured the brewery.

I fucking hate Guinness. I will only drink Irish car bombs with Guinness.

Sapporo and Kirin are my favorite Japanese beer. I always drink those when I go for Sushi and Sake. I never buy them anywhere else.

Coors light is my favorite piss tasting cheap get drunk beer. It's what I drink when I don't wanna spend much money and want to drink a lot of beer. I can drink coors light all day long and maintain. I can't say that for many other beers. It gives me a drunk where I still have a lot of control over myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:48 am 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

kate spade is so 6 years ago

oh and kluya totally summed up my list, though i will add a few good ones as well: sam adams summer ale, sam adams cherry wheat, blue point blueberry ale, and let's not forget about that Lindeman's Lambic Kriek I'm always ranting about.

guiness is ok, but i prefer black and tans (this is when they cut it with either bass or killians I prefer bass to killians in a black and tan)

a few other decent beers: mcsorleys ale, yuenging lager, and miller high life (it's cheep and you feel all rockabilly because of the pin up girl on the label)

oh and of course.. newcastle (i hear newcastle and chambord is fucking delicious, but bars here rarely if ever have both in stock at the same time)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:58 am 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

Matti wrote:
- Corona - this is my favorite but not because of flavor or anything like that. This is the ONLY beer that Milly will drink with me so I can grab a 24 pack and some limes and we can drink together.

Corona is ok, tell her to try Tecate or Modelo instead tho. :p

Tecate with tomato juice is good too, I was skeptical about it at first but it does have a nice taste to it.

Last edited by Remey on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:00 am 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

Yeh, girls have some gay shit about Corona and lime being the only beer/malted liqour they'll drink. It's like the new Zima or someshit and has totally turned me off to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:05 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

yes indeed I graduated '02 so I had taste during that time.
Here's a timeline of all the significant handbags I owned
Hello Kitty >> Jansport >> Northface >> Kate Spade >> Juicy Couture >> Coach >> Dior >> Chanel >> Puma.

Of course this doesn't include the ones from small boutiques in the city.

But umm yeah I hate beer. =b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:13 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I've had some bunk Kiltlifter before, though. Didn't make me feel so hot :-( it was still totally worth it, don't get me wrong.

Oh I also hate that Canadian beer, Molton? or something.... yeah that doesn't taste good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:17 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah Tecate is good also. I have a picture of me driving a boat in Mexico with a Tecate in my hand lol. It's on my comp at home, I'll post it later. I <3 Mexico.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:44 am 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

LLewelyn wrote:
yes indeed I graduated '02 so I had taste during that time.
Here's a timeline of all the significant handbags I owned
Hello Kitty >> Jansport >> Northface >> Kate Spade >> Juicy Couture >> Coach >> Dior >> Chanel >> Puma.

Of course this doesn't include the ones from small boutiques in the city.

But umm yeah I hate beer. =b

OMGz LLewelyn is trying to derail this thread into a hand bag topic. Stop buying hand bags and buy beer, you'll grow to like it after a few tries... maybe. >.>;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:54 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Just don't start drinking beer the way I did. I started with 40oz because there was a liquor store that sold them to us in High School. I drank St Ides like a madman...only because Wu-Tang did a small commerical for it and I loved Wu-Tang. That beer is fucking gnarly. Malt Liquor makes me throw up. It's the only thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:00 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I drink beer to get drunk, so it doesn't really matter what it tastes like. After a few I won't be tasting it much anyways. I do prefer good tasting beers when I actually buy myself something to drink, but I will drink almost anything for free. I maybe drink twice a week nowadays. Six years ago it was more of a daily thing. I am Irish and I don't like Guiness really, my Dad claims it is totally different in Ireland though. I would believe him as some of the German import beers lose quite a bit when they come over here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:25 pm 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

Kluya wrote:
Just don't start drinking beer the way I did. I started with 40oz because there was a liquor store that sold them to us in High School. I drank St Ides like a madman...only because Wu-Tang did a small commerical for it and I loved Wu-Tang. That beer is fucking gnarly. Malt Liquor makes me throw up. It's the only thing.

OMG HAHAHAHAHA That's the only reason I would drink St. Ides, I love Wu-Tang. I still do but they haven't made anything in years. :(

And Yea Et, I drink beer to get drunk so I don't care what brand or type of beer it is just as long as I get fucked up. Especially if its free or being provided (at parties and such).

Last edited by Remey on Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:26 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

My sister lived in Ireland for a couple months last year, and she said Guiness was much better there. She came back addicted to that and Jameson whiskey.

I agree after a certain amount of beers the taste doesn't matter. Quality beers are better for starting off with, then switch to the cheap shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:20 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Cains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:41 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Matti wrote:
I go through phases but the brands are always consistent and as follows.

- Guinness. I like feeling like I had an entire meal when I drink a beer sometimes.

- Heineken - What I have been drinking a lot lately. It's a great tasting beer.

I usually just drink vodka martinis though but sometimes I'm just in the mood for beer.

Matti you've pretty much got the same exact tastes as I do.

me and my buddy drinking Guinness in Japan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:56 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

ah, beer. my favorite subject.

as for me i go usually with the following

Rolling Rock
Yuengling
Sapporo
Kirin Ichiban
Grolsh
of course the general Bud Light, mainly for parties though

im also a huge fan of colorado microbrews. i think they are the best imo.

i'm a huge fan of foriegn beers, not the imported kind you can find here.

i used to live in colorado and there is this place called old chicagos, it had one of the biggest selection of beers from around the world, 110 beers from different countries. its good stuff, you get your name on the wall if you drank all 110, of course it had more with Sam Adams seasonal stuff, but im not a huge fan of that. My name is on the wall BTW.

I hear theres something like that somewhere in Disney/Universal here in orlando, i gotta try that out.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:18 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The Yardhouse has an insane amount of beers on tap. I think it's around 150 or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:25 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

only sake and only once a while I only drink, due to my license CDL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:33 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Budweiser along with several other domestics are and always will be common (and piss!).

However, I have included a decent list of some of my more personal choices that I have encountered and are pretty much readily available and can be found when I thirst...

Recommended beers for drinking/relishing:

With a name like Delerium Tremens, can you go wrong with that?

Good stuff once it settles in your frosty glass.

Interesting blends, the numbers are used to differentiate alcohol content

Jamaica? yea I'll drink one or two...

I only drink Newcastle in winter...same pretty much with Guinness, both have a thick taste (though very different from one another), I am more a fan of pale ales to get schlammered to.

Recommended beers to get drunk to (lighter hangover and/or economical):

Happy Cinco De Mayo putos!!! Can I drink this until I am intoxicado...or whatever it is in Spanish...yes...yes I can, with or without limes...prefer limes though.

Yes I can get bent to this...but it can get pricey

Pic is of your Mom after I get a few of these in me!!! My 12 pack of choice, more than any others that will appear.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIutgtzwhAc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOvoO6eQDms[/youtube]

*Heineken usually A)tears my stomach up if I am trying to get wasted
or
B) makes me urinate more frequently than any other beer mentioned...weird...twilight zone weird!

...but I'll drink it if the above two are missing from the beer catalog. Really not my beer of choice though, I would probably roll with Corona before Heineken.

Some beers I am trying this in a few days:

Exact model currently sits in my walk in beer-cellar as we speak

Any additions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:44 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

beer just doesn't get me drunk anymore :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:11 am 
DL Hughley

Eternus summed it up:

Quote:
After a few I won't be tasting it much anyways.

but anyway the only one I'll actually pay for regularly is Blue Moon, I love that shit. Their seasonal summer ale Honey Moon is also delicious, so much so even Llewelyn would like it. The winter ale Full Moon is alright and has an oddly sweet liquor aftertaste (it has belgian sugar and other things added to the mix). The autumn mix Harvest Moon with pumpkin and spices was disappointing, and I haven't bothered with the spring ale Rising Moon. Hoegaarden and Newcastle are alright along with a Stella every now and then. I'll take whatever I can get if it's free or exceedingly cheap (see: pabst, bud, etc). I don't mind a good cider every now and then either but that's beside the point.

If I'm on any sort of mission (metal show, barbecue, hunting christians, etc) then the left hand is holding straight vodka and the right is holding blue moon. Take no prisoners.

Board index » Community » Community Discussion