It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:52 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:18 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I do like their ability to keep tight-lipped about the details on it. I don't think I'll see it opening day or anything (I'll be going for repeat viewings of There Will Be Blood, I'm sure)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:04 pm 
DL Hughley

Ponuh wrote:
(I'll be going for repeat viewings of There Will Be Blood, I'm sure)

It's funny I've been seeing commercials for that, and every time I do I think about how most movies are just horrible, even good ones. This makes me want to see it, because it might be genuinely good.

I'll probably see cloverfield with my older brother, he's been crapping himself about it for months and doesn't go to the movies alone. Pretty sure it'll be gahbage but the family's always happy to see me go outside. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:17 pm 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

DeadLegend wrote:
I'll probably see cloverfield with my older brother, he's been crapping himself about it for months and doesn't go to the movies alone. Pretty sure it'll be gahbage but the family's always happy to see me go outside. haha

Lol ...

And yea like your brother I don't like to go to the movies alone. So if I want to watch something no one has any interest in I have to settle for a crappy online streaming version. :neutral:

Edit: That quote makes me think of DL as that tall dood (the young one) on The Burbs. Tho DL is short irl, I think, and I'm not sure anyone remembers that movie. ^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:47 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Personally I think "Teeth" is the movie to watch for this year:

http://www.teethmovie.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:42 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Viviti wrote:
Personally I think "Teeth" is the movie to watch for this year:

http://www.teethmovie.com/

man that makes me wanna keep my thing in my pants. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

lol I've gone to the movies by myself several times. My friends all think it's strange. I honestly don't mind it. It's not like I talk to people during movies anyways.

Also I'm real irritable when watching movies (I hate people who talk, eat loud, or kick the back of my seat). I'll get up and switch seats during the movie if I'm annoyed with the people sitting near me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:23 am 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

me too. I saw 300 in theatres alone and snuck in a 40, i got up after i finished it and moved to the other side of theatre so I couldn't be incriminated, sometimes if I wanna see a flick bad enough and there's no one to go with I'll just go by myself... no biggy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Jimbean wrote:
me too. I saw 300 in theatres alone and snuck in a 40, i got up after i finished it and moved to the other side of theatre so I couldn't be incriminated, sometimes if I wanna see a flick bad enough and there's no one to go with I'll just go by myself... no biggy

I have only paid to see a movie once by myself, and I snuck in vodka actually lol. I can't even remember what the movie was actually. Well I have seen a few at my friend Matt's work alone, but I see those for free while he is working (he works at a theatre). I just get nice and baked out in the parking lot before I go there. The Hitman movie was fucking terrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:57 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I've only drank in a movie 1 time in my life. It was just a tallboy of coors light when I saw Superbad. For some reason I don't like watching movies drunk, I like socializing when I drink.

Eternus wrote:
I just get nice and baked out in the parking lot before I go there.

That is the winner! ha. Getting baked right before a movie makes it so much better IMO. I keep to myself when I'm high and enjoy listening/analyzing shit so movies are great. Also I get more sucked into the movie when I'm high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:25 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

i have the attention span of a flea so getting drunk helps me focus on a movie rather than have my head be in a bazillion different places at once

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:12 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I've never gone to a movie alone and you people lead sad and pathetic lives

no one would go to a movie with me so I went and got drunk alone in the theater while watching a movie about video games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:29 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

Ponuh wrote:
you people lead sad and pathetic lives

says the boy whose whole life consists of bashing people on a messageboard to make himself feel better. For someone who's so afraid to post pictures of themselves and talk about what it is they do irl, you sure like to be awfuly judgemental of others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:34 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I was high while watching Hitman, not drunk. Matt couldn't watch it with me because he was working at the damn theater lol. I saw Hitman because it was the only movie I had not seen at the theater, as I saw just about everything for free once he started working there. Where did I say that nobody would go see the movie with me?

The one time I saw a movie alone and paid was when I was avoiding someone specific. I was in a vodka mood anyways for that entire month.

Its good to hear that your life is so productive and happy, Ponuh. Have a cookie for never seeing a movie alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:18 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Jimbean wrote:
Ponuh wrote:
you people lead sad and pathetic lives

says the boy whose whole life consists of bashing people on a messageboard to make himself feel better. For someone who's so afraid to post pictures of themselves and talk about what it is they do irl, you sure like to be awfuly judgemental of others.

Do you really think I wasn't expecting this response immediately? And are you still under the impression that it phases me in the slightest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:30 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

Just pointing out the irony to others who might think your opinion is worth a shit. I stopped caring what you think a long time ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:33 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

My opinion is worth only as much as people want it to be, which is generally a lot unless I'm making fun of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:48 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Opinions on what? Your rush to judgement on the nature of people's lives? Maybe when you live a little longer you will get the opportunity to see a movie by yourself, I didn't do it until I was 22 or so myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:51 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ponuh doesn't talk about his personal life or post pictures because he's too insecure of what people on here think of him. He leads a mysterious life that's so much better than ours.

by the way Ponuh, I'll be in washington state in August. You live there right? I'm going to Seattle, renting a car, then driving past Spokane (for a wedding). You should meet me for lunch lol. I know you won't, but it's worth a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:21 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Stop nibbling on that hook.

My best friend will probably see if I want to tag along with him and a few others seeing how the trailer from way back when got him all psyched up, well, that's if I don't avoid his calls and go hermit on him and everybody else who tries to contact me, hoho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:54 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Not this again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:24 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

hate to agree, but going to the movies by yourself is kinda loser-ish lol

Watching a movie is a social engagement, or a date. And going by yourself to see the movie high or drunk is just bad lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:46 pm 
DL Hughley

I thought going to the movies was about seeing a movie. Then again I've also admitted to having no friends. The last 3 or 4 movies I've seen were with my brother, and actually my mom wanted to see Halloween so we went to see that. She has a weirdo crush on Michael Myers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:22 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Kluya wrote:
Ponuh doesn't talk about his personal life or post pictures because he's too insecure of what people on here think of him. He leads a mysterious life that's so much better than ours.

by the way Ponuh, I'll be in washington state in August. You live there right? I'm going to Seattle, renting a car, then driving past Spokane (for a wedding). You should meet me for lunch lol. I know you won't, but it's worth a shot.

Sure but we'll have to eat in my mom's basement--my unsightly and painful bedsores keep me from showing my face in public

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ponuh wrote:
Kluya wrote:

Sure but we'll have to eat in my mom's basement--my unsightly and painful bedsores keep me from showing my face in public

That's fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:50 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Kluya wrote:
Ponuh wrote:
Kluya wrote:

That's fine

Great--I hope you like lean pockets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Community » Community Discussion