It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:42 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Well, as I understand it (again, check my post above for the futility of this discussion), cloning is accomplished through exposing cells to a mutagen (sometimes a carcinogen). You get the same thing essentially, but it's been created by being exposed to outside chemicals rather than the natural chemicals it would be exposed to in a womb. Thus, it is not equal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

I think I just got misunderstood. I was arguing the point that Yarr was asking, "Who the F cares if you're eating cloned beef?" Well, someone who's uneducated about the cloning process would be skeptical... I'm uneducated about the cloning process and to me, I think cloning is in a sense playing God and it bothers me. It feels like Science Fiction, and even though I was being sarcastic about the "there's super viallian's origins that begin that way" I also don't know the extent of research and testing that has been conducted about the subject. So, that, to me, is enough to be cautious about it. That's my opinion and the point I was trying to make in not so many words. That's why when you came in like, "I was going to say something smart but now I'm not going to waste my time because you're all dumb" I felt it was a little offensive. But I ain't mad at you or anything, you're still good people in my book :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:05 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Denchi wrote:
The same way that you might find flaws with the original process of cloning. But nothing said here, so far, has anything to do with the actual process of cloning.

Eternus wrote:
A cloned cow wouldn't have any more additives or chemicals than a non-cloned cow. They would be the same for the most part. This is meat we are talking about, not vegetables. All meat ever needs is a preservative at most. The beef from a cloned cow would be identical in every sense of the word to a regular cow's beef.

Also a different little fact if you didn't already know, cloning isn't 100% identical, some will be different, in which way we don't know.

The team also studied clones of the offspring of a prizewinning Japanese bull famed for his superior marbling -- the blend of fat and muscle that contributes so much to a steak's quality. Of more than 100 measures, more than 90 percent were virtually identical for the clones and conventional animals. Of the dozen tests on which clones scored differently, most showed they had higher levels of fats or fatty acids in various cuts -- traits valued by many consumers, the researchers reported. That reflects the high fat levels in the bull that sired the cloned animal -- one of the reasons that semen from that bull has been used to produce more than 165,000 offspring by standard in vitro fertilization methods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:14 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I didn't call anyone dumb, i called the posts dumb which i still believe they are, specially Denchi's analogy. Hmm car factory vs. cloning, OH I SEE TEH RESEMBLANCE! Anyways i'm not saying anything in this thread anymore. No offence to anyone though, even you analogy master denchi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:05 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

People in West Virginia can't wait till they make sheep cloning legal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:37 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

My car analogy was my magnum opus.

I still think it makes sense, even if it sounds dumb lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:45 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

CLONING.........

Because lately, it's been too cold!!!

Board index » Community » Community Discussion