It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:31 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Sylvia was fucking big Nog up for awhile there. I don't think people can hate on him anylonger for being a boring fighter etc... he is going to stay up there at the top for awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:14 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Almost forgot about Mr. Pitbull Arlovski there,. He should still be in the picture along with Sylvia after Mir and Nog fight. Who else from PRIDE or UFC do you see as a heavyweight contender currently?

Mir is the last real champ as he never lost the title. His motorcycle accident was why the title was given to Arlovski and then to Sylvia (who Mir beat for the title initially) who beat Arlovski. Couture won it from Sylvia, and now we have Nog beating Sylvia for it again. Seems like Sylvia has lost the title quite a few times. I want to see Nog versus Mir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:28 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Eternus wrote:
Who else from PRIDE or UFC do you see as a heavyweight contender currently?

Well since Pride is now defunct, I'll list the UFC guys I think should be next in line for a title shot. No particular order. I'd like to see any of these fights.

Arlovski but I think the ufc side lined him for awhile because his last fight was a snooze fest. He was just in there surviving, not even trying to win. which he did with a UD. Unfortunately though he only has one fight left in his contract. And I've read he might be signing elsewhere.

Cheik Kongo. Devastating stiker but hardly any ground game. This fight with Nog would probably look just the same as the sylvia fight.

Mir. I think he'd have a shot at beating Nog, if he comes in shape. Mir is a notorious slacker when it comes to cardio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:36 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

UFC and PRIDE are merged, I know this. I just put the "or" in there to still maintain respect for the past organization that these fighters came from.... Don't you see the PRIDE people making a respectable dent? I sure do.

Mir for me is the best chance to beat Nog right now. Arlovski only got the title because Mir got injured. Sylvia will contend as he is just too big of a bastard. I have not watched Cheik Kongo, but no ground game in the heavyweights with Nog and Mir at the top... sounds like a bad recipe for him.

Lesnar needs quite a bit of experience, but he has tools that much is for sure. I don't doubt him in the strength or grappling department, but he lost way too fast to Mir. Should have been able to reverse that or at least get out of it. I have no idea if he will even make it in UFC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:54 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

You gonna watch the next event? Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson the unify the pride and ufc middle weight belts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ymETRsRZc4

Not the greatest dancer, lol. But he's a nasty striker. Hardly ever gets taken down but when he does hes a BB in BJJ so he can hold his own there too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2gLsVT-biA

Board index » Community » Community Discussion