It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:56 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

Funny how an 18 win team is looked upon as losers. Winning all but the one that really counted. I'll be laughing for a while over this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:44 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I don't mind the superbowl but everyone and I mean everyone turns into such unbearable idiots around this time and take it all way too fucking seriously. Fuck, the teams are "your's" based on whatever geographic location you happen to be in. You didn't have any hand in crafting or influencing the team in any way so really you're just crying (literally crying. What the fuck) over a random assortment of athletes who happen to play closer to you than another team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:52 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Ponuh wrote:
I don't mind the superbowl but everyone and I mean everyone turns into such unbearable idiots around this time and take it all way too fucking seriously. Fuck, the teams are "your's" based on whatever geographic location you happen to be in. You didn't have any hand in crafting or influencing the team in any way so really you're just crying (literally crying. What the fuck) over a random assortment of athletes who happen to play closer to you than another team.

We play a hand in crafting the team by sitting our asses in the stands. This is a business you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:55 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Eternus wrote:
lol "we"

I have had season tickets to Jaguars games for every year of the team's existence and I don't use the term "we". I am sure you are wore out from playing such a difficult game, DJ.

Just because your team isn't in it you have to find something to whine about. I could give two shits if you've attended football games for 10 years. I was raised into that shit. I'll use whatever terms when I damn well please. Because without our money, there wouldn't be any teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:02 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

goDeejay wrote:
Eternus wrote:
lol "we"

I have had season tickets to Jaguars games for every year of the team's existence and I don't use the term "we". I am sure you are wore out from playing such a difficult game, DJ.

Just because your team isn't in it you have to find something to whine about. I could give two shits if you've attended football games for 10 years. I was raised into that shit. I'll use whatever terms when I damn well please. Because without our money, there wouldn't be any teams.

Yeah without ME there wouldn't be any iPods or Coca Cola because I'm a consumer damnit and I'm significant!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:48 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Wow, i've heard my little sister make better comparisons to football than that.

When the base of your organization relies entirely on the ankle or knee of one person, come talk to me. When people sit in -25 degree weather for a fucking bottle of soda, come talk to me. When millions of kids, families, and people are inspired to be alive at the release of a new iTouch, come talk to me. Why do you think millions of people kill themselves over in Brazil over shit like this?

Edit: What rock have you been living under? I mean seriously? 105 fucking million people just watched this superbowl. Get the fuck out of your bubble and realize this sport is every bit as integral to our culture as the Olympics, Roman Colosseum, whatever...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:52 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

You specifically said "Without our money there would be no teams". Not "without us sitting in -25 degree weather, there would be no teams". To answer your most recent post, refer to my first post. Football is an alright game but it people act like children over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:03 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Ponuh wrote:
Football is an alright game but it people act like children over it.

People act like children over anything they're passionate about. Just ask Israelis and the Palestinians how they're handling things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:21 am 
Spammer, to the max!

to hell with "them" for they'll never understand "us." 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:33 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

goDeejay wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

People act like children over anything they're passionate about. Just ask Israelis and the Palestinians how they're handling things.

So you've rejected the equation of your love of football to the love of coca cola and instead opted to compare it to fanatical suicide bombers? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:31 am 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

People should act like children around football, cause its a kids game. Its a fun game and brings out the kid in everyone. Atleast the people who really enjoy it. Any competition will cause some people to turn sour and ruin some of the fun. We don't technically own any teams, except the GB Packers, they are still the only publically owned team. From ticket prices, to shirts and hats, we pay the salary of the players and coaches. Even if you don't buy any of that stuff, there is still a chance you pay money. Stadiums come partically from tax money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:28 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

When do you go to Giants games, DJ? I don't even see you with a Giants shirt on.

The first team I rooted for in the Super Bowl was the Pats in their loss to the Bears. I have gone to Jaguars games for 14 years, paid for my own tickets after the second year (I turned 18 in 1997). It is professional sports, not college. "We" is all about your alma mater, that is it you damn sports noobs. You can refer to the U.S. Olympic team as "we". In professional sports it sounds dumb and ignorant as fuck. They are professional franchises, whores to money more than our government or our university even. I wouldn't use the term "we" with a whore in any sense.

I am Irish and I think people who overreact at soccer games are dumb as fuck and should probably be executed on the spot. I get a great feeling when some dumbass runs onto the field or court after a game and gets taken out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:07 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Ponuh wrote:
You specifically said "Without our money there would be no teams". Not "without us sitting in -25 degree weather, there would be no teams".

If we're not paying for a ticket, how the fuck would be sitting in the stands at -25 degree weather?
Ponuh wrote:
goDeejay wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

So you've rejected the equation of your love of football to the love of coca cola and instead opted to compare it to fanatical suicide bombers? :roll:

No, you said people like to act dumb over things (ie: football) that they're passionate about.

To which I replied with:
No shit. People act stupid over a lot of things they're passionate about, religion being one of them.

I'm not trying to equate football with anything. You were the one who brought up the retarded comparisons.

Last edited by goDeejay on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:13 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Eternus wrote:
When do you go to Giants games, DJ? I don't even see you with a Giants shirt on.

Yes, because not wearing my Giants jersey for one of their playoff games obviously means I'm a horrible fan.

And I'm in college in florida right now, so it's kind of hard to attend every game a season.

It's a lot different when you're born in a football town. Jacksonville/Tampa have some pretty shitty fans, probably one of the worst fanbases ever. Florida in general has shitty fans.

It's kind of hard to compare a 14 year old franchise to that of the NY Giants or Washington Redskins. When I say "we" i'm not referring to the players and myself. I'm referring to the entire organization, including their fan base. Football wasn't always the huge money making machine it is today, and growing up into it you're not taught like that. It's really hard to put into words, but you're taking your meaning of the term "we" when you hear me say it and just assume i'm some bandwagon idiot just trying to sound credible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:24 pm 
DL Hughley

I went to the Giants parade today. I don't have a digicam so I just bought a couple disposables at a nearby DuaneReade. I had to just stick my arm up and shoot blind for the most part so a lot of pics were either blurred or just plain crappy. Not to say these aren't, but they're some of the better ones I got from where I was.

This is where I was. I thought the sign was epic.

Yaaaay wide receivers. Amani Toomer and Steve Smith are pretty easy to pick out

Linebackers, my camera spazzed out when the float stopped for Antonio Pierce to revel with the crowd ): Yaaaay Kawika Mitchell

Offensive Line. The hugest guys on the team on the tiniest float in the parade.

Defensive Backs, Plaxico Burress is hiding on their float too. The closest guy is Aaron Ross.

Eli Manning, Michael Strahan, Tom Coughlin, and the Vince Lombardi Trophy. I had to jump up and down to take these because everyone was going apeshit. :/

The very first float had a couple of my favorite players on it. RB Brandon Jacobs, rookie TE Kevin Boss, and fatass backup QB Jared "Hefty LeftY" Lorenzen. There were maybe 5 marching bands and bagpipe groups to break up the player floats. Stupid bitch Jeremy Shockey was nowhere to be found.

After the parade there was a ceremony outside city hall where every player and coach got a key to the city. Strahan, Coughlin, and Manning each gave speeches. Overall it was a really fun time and the crowd was great. When the coordinator float went by with Steve Spagnuolo (defensive coordinator who was interviewed for Redskins head coaching job yesterday) I managed to get a "Redskins suck" chant going after the "Please don't go" died down. Highlight omahgah. Strahan was great at city hall, he explained the pregame psych-up he performs with the defense, and demonstrated with the whole team. When they stomped the stage I could hear it from where I was about 200+ feet away, pretty awesome. He and Coughlin both included Jersey fans in their thanks, which was cool for me. Eli Manning was much more impressive in person than he is on tv, and when he spoke at city hall plaza he didn't have his usual dumbfounded stutter, haha.

and of course, puck the fatriots. wtf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:45 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

where are you? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 pm 
DL Hughley

I'm behind the camera you schmuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

LMAO at that sign, lol. I'd totally make a sig out of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:26 am 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

Where are all the drunk people? Was NY basically shut down that Monday?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:00 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The Jaguars fanbase is mostly college fans. I watch the team, not the fans anyways. There is a solid core of fans that attend Jaguars games. Tampa fans suck only due to how long the franchise has been around. Same could be said for Jacksonville. The problem is that Jacksonville is the smallest market if you count that Milwaukee is near. The city is growing into a NFL city, but it is a college football fanbase. Jacksonville has the largest Gator booster club in the nation lol, same goes for the Seminoles. The majority of the fans at Jaguars games make me laugh, some are really good fans though. If you look at the population of the city compared to stadium size, Jacksonville's stadium is way too big for its market. They get 80k+ for Florida vs Georgia, or FSU vs Alabama. The Jaguars have no tradition, but it is where I am from. I would rather go for them than the Patriots like half of my family does. I hate the Dolphins, and watched the Bucs more because they were underdogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:29 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The Jaguars are the 31st or 32nd biggest market in the NFL (if you count Milwaukee, WI, then Jax is last). They are 23rd in attendance though.

Highest Average Attendance by NFL Team in 2007:
1) 88,090 - Washington Redskins
2) 78,731 - New York Giants
3) 77,107 - New York Jets
4) 76,777 - Kansas City Chiefs
5) 76,612 - Denver Broncos *
6) 73,403 - Carolina Panthers
7) 73,001 - Cleveland Browns
8 ) 72,229 - Miami Dolphins
9) 71,153 - Baltimore Ravens *
10) 71,055 - Buffalo Bills
11) 70,805 - Green Bay Packers
12) 70,520 - Houston Texans
13) 70,005 - New Orleans Saints *
14) 69,143 - Tennessee Titans *
15) 68,756 - New England Patriots *
16) 68,396 - Atlanta Falcons
17) 68,194 - Seattle Seahawks *
18) 68,170 - Philadelphia Eagles
19) 68,028 - San Francisco 49ers
20) 65,790 - Cincinnati Bengals *
21) 65,502 - San Diego Chargers
22) 65,316 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
23) 65,301 - Jacksonville Jaguars
24) 64,581 - Arizona Cardinals
25) 63,535 - Dallas Cowboys
26) 63,256 - Minnesota Vikings
27) 63,044 - St. Louis Rams
28) 62,158 - Chicago Bears *
29) 62,084 - Pittsburgh Steelers
30) 61,305 - Detroit Lions
31) 59,110 - Oakland Raiders
32) 57,305 - Indianapolis Colts *

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:51 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

who are the jaguars?

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:58 am 
DL Hughley

Strangely enough, there was a guy three feet away from me in full Jags regalia going nuts during the parade, I guess he's a Coughlin guy. Also, if Deejaay's never been to a Giants' game it's totally understandable. I'm pretty sure it's literally been impossible to get tickets for something like the last 25 years, unless you have a contact or work for a company that has its own tickets. My oldest sister's boyfriend got to go to the super bowl this year because his dad is some kind of NY union boss. I've never even been inside Giants' Stadium, but I'm going to see BRUUUUUUUUCE there this summer, so that should be cool. I figure maybe there'll be ticket opportunities once the new stadium is finished, hear it's gonna have something like 95,000 seats.

Board index » Community » Community Discussion