It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: New Trailer for The Incredible Hulk. So Good.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:45 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I wasnt sure Edward Norton was going to be as great as everyone thought, but I was totally wrong and everyone else was right.

Im happy to be wrong of course.

This movie looks like a hulk comic. The last movie wasnt that bad, it just wasnt a real Hulk story. It kind of felt like a "Story inspired by" the original Hulk. Although I think they got the actual hulk look and feel down pretty well (Aside from being too tall). I hope they use the same effect when the hulk gets shot. The way they made the original hulks skin ripple when he was shot was awesome. It looked like little pebbles bouncing off of his body. It was nice to finally see superhero movie where a bullet bouncing off of skin doesnt spark lol. I really hope they use that effect for the Luke Cage movie.

Anyway, I found the trailer here in a nice player so follow the link and make sure you watch it fullscreen.

http://cinemarv.com/the-incredible-hulk ... iler-2008/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:57 am 
Yarr's Sun-Eyed Girl
Yarr's Sun-Eyed Girl

That movie actually looks pretty good. I wasn't sure what to expect when I first heard about it. I'm a little less concerned about the actor, while I'm more concerned with the quality of the effects and how it's pulled off. That monster is scary and I like how the effects team created the "strained muscle" look on both the monster and Hulk. Pretty neat! I guess I'll be seeing that in theatres. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:56 am 
Even Match
Even Match

anything with edward norton jr. is pretty amazing. probably my favorite actor.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:40 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

who is the other UGLY one I forget? I know green for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:47 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

my coworker showed this to me last week, it does look good, BUT so did the trailers for the Ang Lee version and that turned out to be a pile of poopy and not for it's lack of a good cast (which it had.) I guess we'll have to wait and see, but as for hulk movies I still have a really bad taste in my mouth from the last one. Also, norton's done some flops.. the illusionist, death to smoochy, the score. I hope I'm proven wrong, but this is definitely a movie I'm going to wait to hear some reviews about before rushing to go see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:14 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I really didnt mind the Ang Lee version. Then again, ive read quite a bit of Hulk and there are a lot worse hulk stories out there than the one told in that movie.

Id like to see hulk talk in this movie. That was my biggest problem with Ang Lee's movie. Oh and no more "comic panel" style shots lol. Still, the action scenes in Ang Lee's were pretty cool The scene where the Hulk is fighting the tanks was pretty bad ass. I got it for cheap on HD-DVD and I actually enjoyed watching it. Although I got the movie knowing it was a stinker so it was super under-hyped for me. I mean I started the movie expecting to see movie that was just one long continus shot of a large pile of steaming poop.

oh and that main villain is Abomination. Im not too thrilled with how he looks (I like when the artist makes him look really monster like), but it isnt too different from the comics. I just wish he was a little more green and I wish his face was more monster like and less human.

Here's an ok shot of him i found on Google. The movie version is pretty close to this one. The biggest problem I have with the Movie version is that the face\head has been changed a lot. His head seems smaller than it should be and where are his ears!
The abominations most recognizable features for me was always that dagger filled smile and his weird ass ears. Both are missing from the movie. Oh and his eyes make him look too much like a human\monster hybrid and I always got the impression that The Abomination was like a more monster than man as apposed to the hulk being more human than monster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:16 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

When I hear abomination I think of an image more like this...

Although hes a little too beefed up in this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:28 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

yeah just watched it looks pretty cool. the girl in my office just said she didn't like it because it looked to animated when I think she is just being a girl and her expectations are too retarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:28 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

yeah just watched it looks pretty cool. the girl in my office just said she didn't like it because it looked to animated when I think she is just being a girl and her expectations are too retarded.

Board index » Community » Community Discussion