It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:13 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

8 hours MPKfest against Crylilly's crew over the King of the Orcs that drops Juggernaut was pretty damn epic. We got it in the end and it went to Claudia. I remember Ilm taunting them about the drop over their dead RMT corpses. I can't remember how many times we trained eachother back and forth.

Azn using Mijin against Byakko was damn hilarious instead of using provoke macro. The fact that he had his NIN's 2hr as a macro was damn hilarious in itself. I think after he blew up on Byakko, Shiloh did the first straight up Byakko PLD tanking job IIRC as far as CKD goes. That was a good memory as well.

My worst memory was trying to open the coffer for my AF in Castle Oztroja. THFs everywhere opening coffers for the damn astral rings and I couldn't get one for over 7 hours. At least I never died and didn't have to HP or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:47 pm 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

Eternus wrote:
Azn using Mijin against Byakko was damn hilarious instead of using provoke macro. The fact that he had his NIN's 2hr as a macro was damn hilarious in itself. I think after he blew up on Byakko, Shiloh did the first straight up Byakko PLD tanking job IIRC as far as CKD goes. That was a good memory as well.

LOL I remember that with Azn. He was all like "Guys let me tank, I didn't level ninja for nothing." So we let him tank Byakko on ninja for the first time and the very first thing he does is Mijin on it.

Another good time was when we went to go camp Aspid, the NM pops on the first interval and we kill it before any other rival linkshells arrive. Then we stay to pretend like we're still camping it, once FS and that orange color JP LS arrive we act like dynamis or something is more important so we leave while they stay to camp. I think some stayed for the entire 3 hours if not longer. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:26 pm 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

Remey wrote:
Eternus wrote:

LOL I remember that with Azn. He was all like "Guys let me tank, I didn't level ninja for nothing." So we let him tank Byakko on ninja for the first time and the very first thing he does is Mijin on it.

Another good time was when we went to go camp Aspid, the NM pops on the first interval and we kill it before any other rival linkshells arrive. Then we stay to pretend like we're still camping it, once FS and that orange color JP LS arrive we act like dynamis or something is more important so we leave while they stay to camp. I think some stayed for the entire 3 hours if not longer. lol

I remember this. We were such assholes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:25 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

LOL I remember faking everyone out. There were people who sat around for a while. I dont think we got the pull the next day when everyone saw us sitting there waiting for the pop and then put two and two together.

I have a hard time picking a favorite memory. However, the one memory that comes to mind most is CKD's Fafnir kill. That was a huge turning point for CKD and the entire NA community. The actual fight was amazing because it was full of so many unique challenges. Most people fight fafnir with little to no worries. We spent almost 5 hours fighting Fafnir and I never once felt safe. It was five hours of terror. Every moment I thought "This is it, we're going to lose this". Our first Fafnir fight was harder and more challenging than any fafnir fight from then on... or so I like to imagine ;p
The biggest problem this fight was that we only had Peejo as our main tank. She was a 75 PLD, lucky she had the new (At that time) Adamanwhatever gear. The alliance was full of mostly non-75 players. We didnt even have a second level 75 tank (Ketrebu wasnt part of CKD yet), Triddy was level 71(Might have even been late 60s) and acted as a backup. Peejo died at least 5-6 times. Her and Triddy had to tank while res sick a few times. I was the main healer and I dont think I even had over
At this point in time we still had not done any Cheeseburger Dynamis runs, so the only AF2 armor was my AF2 vest and Kaynes AF2 legs. That was the most rare items we had. We had only killed Jeuno NMs and Sky NMs. We were undergeared and underlevel. We were clearly fighting a target that was beyond our abilities, but we still won.

It was an awesome fight and I was so proud of everyone and what we had accomplished. It felt good because it wasnt that much earlier in the year that I honestly thought I would never see the FFXI end game. I felt this way because most NA close to 75 spent a lot of time trying to get into JP linkshells rather than trying to create their own.

I can also remember the first time I partied with Whisp, Scyth and TS. Actually I dont remember the first time. I just remember the next day Whisp sending me a message saying "Hey do you want to join our party again today?" I remember thinking how awesome the group was and how happy I was to get an amazing group two days in a row! Back then the term "Perma group" didnt exsist. I think Rein, Peejo, Kailyn, Itto and Tooyooo were the first people to make a real well known perma group. I think whisp's perma group was second (Hard to say, perma groups all popped up around the same time, but only a few were well known and well established perma groups), but Im not sure. I dont think there were any real perma groups until the first batch of NAs started to reach level 30+.
Anyway, I remember after the second party Whisp was like "Hey Yarr are you going to be on tomorrow at the same time?" I actually had other plans to help Talisin level his DRG, but the idea of joining the same group again made it easy to ditch Tal lol. So I told him I would be. I can even remember being online and waiting for Whisp to message me. I was so nervous he wasnt going to message me. The xp we had made in that group was easily double or triple the xp I hade made in the same amount of time with any other group. Whats funny is that Whisp actually never messaged me the next day. I dont know what happened, I just remember being so dissapointed. It wasnt until a few days later that Whisp sent me a message asking if I wanted to join again. From that point forward we realized that we had a group of people who all played during the same hours (I played like 24/7 lol). Eventually we setup a time to meet every day and Whisp's perma group was born.

It wasnt long before Nippler left because he didnt like being tied down to a schedule and our favorite Mexican Black Mage was adopted as our new BLM. Im not even sure why we picked Mikey lol. We all thought he was crazy. He always fought in melee range with his dagger out. We thought he was crazy. Who would have thought that we were right lol.

I remember though when we got to the 60s. Thing changed. The group setup didnt work any more. I think Scyth realized this first and it was one of the reasons he quit. At least its nice to think maybe thats one of the reasons (If I have one regret from FFXI its that Scyth never got to be part of CKD). After Scyth left the group made do with people who filled in, but no one ever really took his spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:50 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

One of my favorite memories is the first couple weeks of the game. You can read it here if you want. Some of my ls wanted to know how XxOMEGAxX got started so I wrote this. Never finished it though.

We had a huge ls event for when I quit the first time and turned my ls over to Mudfly. We had alot of games like races, trivia, and out in West Ron, I would call out a beast and the first person to bring it would get points. We played Where's Wublade? lol Gave out alot of gil. I laughed so hard that night I almost pissed myself.

Getting my BB was awesome after spending over a year collecting the drops.

I loved my perma with JRC, Davelon, and Suli. We kicked ass.

I loved trains, and MPK!!!!!!!!

I didn't like 3hr camps. I think they should make HNM's harder to kill but easier to claim.

I'll post more later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:37 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

:o

Last edited by Viviti on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:22 pm 
Samurai Princess
Samurai Princess

My most memorable day in FFXI was when I spent close to two hours holding the placeholder mob for the thief knife (pre-pop item spawn) and getting spit on my RMT and cheered by the real players. Was fun to watch a GM tell me to kill the monster and totally ignore the RMT that were trying to MPK me at the same time.

Meeting the GMs at Squex made me realize why so many are douchebags...such a shitty job.

I'm also very fond of the day I quit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:08 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i remember all the high level players trying to get their artifact armor in garlaige citadel. it was downstairs near serket, the little tunnel that leads to skeletons. there were so many of us in there we formed a full alliance and still more people hanging around helping.

but it wasn't a good idea, because we were fighting skeletons. and if i remember right, they have a AOE drain move, and with all us there, those damn things just would not die.

a single monk would've probably had an easier time with those skeles than our whole alliance.

we wiped several times. every time a beastmaster trained a bomb on us, we wiped. and sometimes we'd wipe to wraith ghosts. i think we even wiped to skeles. it was like that for about a week lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:42 am 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

The best part of getting your AF keys was when people just up and left after getting their key.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:04 am 
". . ."
". . ."

Galindar wrote:
The best part of getting your AF keys was when people just up and left after getting their key.

"loot and scoot"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:22 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Whisp I remember that and I still have screen shots lol.

Wasnt it during this time we first ran into Vaelen... I think it was him. There was a PLD who was using /say in his macros to say stupid stuff like "I SHALL BURN YOU WITH MY HOLY BLADE" or somthing stupid lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:26 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I always forget that Gilzz was part of Murph's Perma. I remember thinking how much better it would have been for our perma if I was a Red Mage like Gilzz lol. I also thought Gilzz was the most talented player they had. For those that dont know, we use to always team up with Murph's perma to do NMs and stuff like that. Gilzz was awesome and one of the names on my original list of people I wanted in CKD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:42 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

i remember getting the kazham key with snook and nook.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:23 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Just a random memory.

Buzzluver helped me unlock my sam. I refrained from asking him.."are you a fan of vibrators?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:35 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

Yurichan wrote:
i remember getting the kazham key with snook and nook.

i remember snook and nook!

i kind of used the same idea and lvld snuf and nuf with them in lower levels, those were good times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:44 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

yea vaelen was there for a while. lots of ppl were in and out. nekote was there too with a party for a while. looks like i got outta the way of that hellmine ;p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:54 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:07 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

lolol yeah there was a lot of traffic at some points. Most people left after the first few bombs went off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:51 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

Man I loved leveling off those bombs! they were so good they were so much higher in lvl then we could fight but since they blow up we could get tons of xp off them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:24 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Remey wrote:

I know I'm super late to this thread but I remember that day. Was some funny shit. That orange LS was StarOnion or some shit. Was a spin off from that lavendar shell Walkure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:31 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Its funny to think that the screen shots above were taken only days before our Perma Group would meet Mikey. He has spent a week killing liches lol when we started to kill them ourselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:27 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

we hung with mikey at liches but that was a while before the AF hunt

Board index » Community » Community Discussion