It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: Best/Worst/Fun/Notsofun memories in ffxi
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:59 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I'm bored waiting for clothes to dry at 6 AM so I thought up this idea for a post and thought it might be some fun for everyone;
Topic is self explanatory, so i'll start

A fun memory I had was when I was about level 40, and me and Viviti were like extremely poor, so we decided to camp this yagudo bird, Hoo Mjoo something, for this item that sold for alot of gil to us lol. So we made a pact to do nothing but camp that bird until we got the rare item.
The not so fun part is, we actually kept our pact and didnt end up leaving that zone for more than a week. We claimed him alot of times but got nothing, until one day we were camping along with CKD, who vivi was absolutely obsessed with so he was going crazy lol, and then when the bird popped we got the claim and the item dropped, and then vivi lost control and shouted abunch of stuff at CKD(( we were both brain dead from camping for a week straight )), and then after he realized what he had done he was like sooooo depressed hahahaha

Another fun memory I had is after hitting 75 with bst, going on a RMT MPK rampage, and like spending 100% of my play time just hanging around RMT and dragging shit to them and lauighing my ass off (( this was way before the MPK fix though ofcourse )). I remember on occasion 2 houring on VT tigers in this tunnel place I cant remember what it was called, and dragging it and dropping it off on the RMT by the little lake where people fished for octopusses lol, I spent alot of time down there, while I fished I would toss raptors and scorpions and cactus at the RMT haha

More fun memories include my parties with our little first NA SMN to 75 group with Shuichi VOlrath Darkrikku and crimsonsan lol (( Zadan would of been the first but he quit at 74 and if he ever lvled it to 75 Im not sure but it wouldnt have been until a long time after everyone else hit 75 )). I believe shuichi hit 75 like 2-4 days before everyone else, me darkrikku and volrath hit 75 within literally an hour or 2 of eachother, wich was funny as hell because darkikku wanted to leave asap after he hit 75 but me and vol were like hell to the fucking no whore hahaha. And I honestly dont remember when crim hit 75, it was either after us all or right after shuichi, wich was not likely because crim was 69 when vol was like 72 or 73

I remember me and crim just being like " -.-; " while vol rikku and shui fought constantly about their smn e-penises lol, who had the highest dmg predator claws, mountain crush or whatever the hell titan's was called, ect lol.
ANother funny memory I had was when we were getting buffer exp together and the SMN LS had called me and volrath to go fight this strong yagudo NM tzee xicu or something, but we turned it down because we had just started the party, and then like 5 minutes later without warning darkrikku just teleports out and leaves party. and 5 minutes later we see the jackass in the place where you fight that NM with the smn LS lol

Worst times in ffxi include the downside of us summoners discovering that if you take abunch of summoners do do most anything, you can cheaply kill something really strong lol.
Most of us were dragged into fighting fenrir a gazillion times, the last number of times I remember killing him was something around 80 times, darkrikku must of fought him a lot more than 80 as well.
The problem was that Rikku somewhat enjoyed doing it so he would offer to get anyone fenrir and then make me come. And if someone asked me personally I usually felt too guilty to say no if the person was nice, because I remember not being able to get fenrir myself until I had hit 70+, so I felt guilty not helping others to get him for their baby summoners. Consequently since the only other NA summoners who could help at the time were cirm vol and shui, they usually ended up being dragged along too haha, though they didn't feel as bad saying no haha.

At one point, until the horde of second generation NA smns started to get 75 (( smn was sort of an "It" job for awhile )), our group had gotten atleast 80+% of the NA population fenrir at that time (( of the people who had fenrir )). We even got Yarr fenrir if I remember correctly, either that or someone close to yarr because yarr was in the party(( edit: yarr musta had him already from a screeny vivi posted, so it must of been for a freind of his)). We had done it so many times I ended up making a macro speech of intructions on what the tag along person was to do.

Worst times ever on ffxi had to be in ballista with my drg, and my poor jessi wyvern was insta-pwned the second she got summoned.

God ffxi was alot of work, lol I do miss the community and the game but I don't regret quitting

Last edited by Madisonli on Thu May 29, 2008 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:27 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Down on Windurst's old Airship ports I sometimes sat down next to the docks so I could hear the fish jumping and the water lapping against the rocks. I liked to watch all the colorful, tall folk visit the Tarutaru city with weary eyes and blank faces, and then see those same people leave again with bright, smiling faces. And there's the chatter of the vendor selling those old knick knacks to the tourists from whom I like to buy flax flowers from. I'd sit on those docks and take a stack of lightning crystals or two, and split flax flowers all day long until the moon was up in the sky. And when night came I could hear the echo of mothers calling in their youngin' to dinner, and smell the herb-roasted, sweetness of fresh fish the mithra would cook up late in to the evening. And when the Auction House finally went silent, and the mithra were full and lazily dreaming, and the little 'uns were asleep in their beds ... I knew Deadlegend would be right there next to me spinnin' that flax away until the sun came up the next day.

Do you remember? Because Peppridge Farm remembers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:50 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I love how you used the word lapping haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:33 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

One time I fucking ROCKED a paladin outside of Dire Maul. I killed the little bitch like 13 times and I learned later he committed suicide. Heh, QQ more, dont roll PvP, you just fucked with the Ponz0rs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:17 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

lol. .it was unsettling how many people in wow actually acted that way

Post subject: Re: Best/Worst/Fun/Notsofun memories in ffxi
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Madisonli wrote:
A fun memory I had was when I was about level 40, and me and Viviti were like extremely poor, so we decided to camp this yagudo bird, Hoo Mjoo something, for this item that sold for alot of gil to us lol. So we made a pact to do nothing but camp that bird until we got the rare item.
The not so fun part is, we actually kept our pact and didnt end up leaving that zone for more than a week. We claimed him alot of times but got nothing, until one day we were camping along with CKD, who vivi was absolutely obsessed with so he was going crazy lol, and then when the bird popped we got the claim and the item dropped, and then vivi lost control and shouted abunch of stuff at CKD(( we were both brain dead from camping for a week straight )), and then after he realized what he had done he was like sooooo depressed hahahaha

i remember camping hoo mjoo with yarr, to get a sigma staff or whatever it was called, for me, cause i gave mine to tal. and the whole time we were there, viviti was there. and we'd chat and stuff. camping nms was fun in a way, even though it was a huge time sink, when you actually got the claim and got to fight it and got the item it was such a rush. i wonder if your story was around the same time as when me and yarr were there. who were the ckd members?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

ok i'll name a few stories

once i was a party leader in the crawlers nest, around lv 40 white mage. the party was me, ts, yarr, shiloh, nippler, and pyromaniacnub. pyro was sucking ass, like whiffing constantly, and doing nothing good, and he wouldn't pull, ts was dragoon who dont make good pullers cause they had no ranged option, so with pyro sucking, i get a message from a friend scyth, he was looking for a group, had partied with me a few times, i was like yea come on out, and then i had to find a way to boot pyro. but i couldn't cause i was like his only friend, so i wanted to make ts the party leader. so i faked like i was getting disconnected. why an elaborate scheme i dunno. so i logged out, logged back in, and typed something like "ok ts you can boot his ass now" but i noticed i typed it in "say" chat rather than "ptell" or whatever whisper was. and pyro heard it! it was so bad. he was really upset and never forgave me. then scyth came and we rocked the exp.

here's another. further down in the crawlers nest, we were fighting .. crawlers.. and we got a VT aggro, and ts was like "i can handle this." he goes over, as dragoon, he freakin solos the bastard. keep in mind this was before the infamous TP nerf of 2004. this was when penta thrust gave you 65 TP back. he did about 4 penta thrusts in a row, a couple of jumps, a super jump, and let his wyvern take some hits, and he freakin iced the son of a bitch before the party killed their current crawler lol. i had my eye on him for cures but he was like let me solo this mofo.

another time we were trying to get the dragoon body coffer key for ts, and he could still solo VT at level 60. crazy. and that was after the nerf.

once i was in a party in the dunes. i was like level 15 white mage. the party was lamont and me and ts and a few other guys. he was like we got 3 white mages, so we are the ultimate party and we can fight harder stuff, so he took us from the dunes to bastok which was the first time i ever went to bastok, then he took us down into the palborough mines down to the basement, it was like an hour to get there. the first battle we fought.. we wiped. lol.

once i was like level 12 ninja or whatever level you get utsusemi. i had never used it before, but i was getting the hang of it. i was duoing with pippinn who was also level 12 ninja. we zoned into jugner and fooled around on easy mobs for a bit, and then this massive orc spawns on us. we zone but we realized there was this poor hume girl afk at the jugner zone who was probably getting stomped by our orc. so we zone back in. she is getting hit. we check the orc. Incredibly Tough. we're like...gotta try to help. we engage him. monster whiffs a few times. then hits me for like half my hit points. pippinn vokes. i pop a potion. i luckily had a stack of potions and plenty of utsusemi shihei or whatever its called. we fought the bitch for a half an hour, voking, utsuing, popping pots. nearly died about a dozen times. but we killed it.

i remember partying in qufim and always hearing luko shouting "LEVEL 26 WARRIOR LOOKING FOR A PARTY" and then i'd /check him and his sub was like level 3 thief lol. one day i see him training wights, he's got like 3 wights on his ass. and as he's zoning he shouts "LEVEL 26 WARRIOR LOOKING FOR A PARTY" lol. he was such a joke.

i remember looking out into the forest of west ronfaure the first day i played, it was really foggy and seemed scary. i didnt know what was out there. i'd see orcs walking around, and they scared the crap outta me. then ts finally got his game installed. we weren't even whisp and ts then though. i was an elf and ts was an elf. i was like come fight these bats they give me 100 exp. we duoed one and it gave us like 10 exp. i was like wtf. but it was because i was level 6 by then. and he was level 1. i had no idea of the exp formulas.

one time, i had quit when i was like level 67 white mage. i quit for about 6 weeks. decided to return. shiloh promised me a spot in his perma who had caught up to my level. i was fooling around on level 1 monk for a while until i could get my character reinstated. first hour back as whisp, i was thrust into an exp grind in boyahda fighting processionaires. it was brutal. i had forgotten everything about being a white mage. i was slow on cures, forgot what spells did and what spells i had and where they were on my spells list, they had to remind me to haste. but i got better. i was just glad to party with shiloh because during exp shiloh rarely ever died or even took much damage.

the week before my perma stopped to farm af gear, we were all level 58. we had just gained about 18 levels in about 10 days, and we were really catching up with the highest level NA players. kayne was 63. highest at that point was toady he was 68. which reminds me i remember toady curing me saving me from sheep in ronfaure when he was level 18 white mage, and i had just rerolled and i was like level 3 white mage ha.

Post subject: Re: Best/Worst/Fun/Notsofun memories in ffxi
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:21 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Whisp wrote:

i remember camping hoo mjoo with yarr, to get a sigma staff or whatever it was called, for me, cause i gave mine to tal. and the whole time we were there, viviti was there. and we'd chat and stuff. camping nms was fun in a way, even though it was a huge time sink, when you actually got the claim and got to fight it and got the item it was such a rush. i wonder if your story was around the same time as when me and yarr were there. who were the ckd members?

Oh lord I don't even remember, lol all I remember was yarr being there with his lvl 40 something summoner in a really hideous outfit haha

Rotfl at the pyro story, I did a few thing like that myself in WoW, but on vent; Me and a friend were talking about someone who we didn't realize was in ventrilo. . .and yeah uh, it wasn't pretty haha

And yeah drg/whm are pretty good soloers, I actually felt smn could get more solo exp though, but that was kinda cheating with bombs

And I remember so much low level shit when I first started would freak me out haha, especially the damn beastmen who if they aggroed you would chase your fucking ass down until you zoned or died

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:52 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

remember when you hit that pedestrian at the crosswalk then just drove away?

pepperidge farm remembers

but pepperidge farms aint just gonna keep it to pepperidge farms free of charge.

maybe you will go out and buy some of these distinct milano cookies and this whole thing may just disappear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:52 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Madi, I have that memory in screenshot form!

I believe my exact words upon claiming hoo mjuu were:

IN YOUR FACE CKD, IN YOUR FACE!!!!1111one

As if we had just gotten fafnir or someshit.

This was back when Monster Signa was worth like 600k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:02 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I never got a Monster Signa. I tried claiming it for a week or so with help from some of my perma, then gave up lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:45 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

got it twice ;p

nice screenie vivi. it was fun! we shoulda given you a ckd pearl.
oh yea i just remembered you had a linkshell pearl on that day that was some mimic of ckd. cant remember was it like viperkaidojo or something else lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:13 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Hmmm Lets see what I remember.

I remember Kayne thinking I hated him, so we had this weird relationship where we'd be all buddy-buddy, but me being an asshat I'd tease him and then he'd go emo and say that i hated him and such.

I remember Pwrlvling the hell out of Ilm's Ninja. its amazing what bardsongs and a couple cures can do. Pretty sure almost all of his 30-37 came from me pwrlvling him + maybe a levels worth of him actually soloing. Sure was boring though.

I remember duoing those Maraborl or Roses or whatever in Boyhada right before Dragons Aery. Again with Ilm, this time it was cast nuke I time a Lullaby to land right after nuke lands. rinse repeat till dead. It wasn't very profitable or fast duoing, but it was definitely good practice and eventually we wound up killing some Orc NM and a couple other things with the tactic.

I remember being being 49 or whatever and being on late as hell so I asked a bunch of JPs in various places to help me with the first Limit Break, and then Kayne again being pissed that we didn't together or whatever... in fact he was always pissed that I was joining JP groups or what have you, but I never had a perma leveling up so it was all LFG, and a lot of the current high lvl NA folks were asshats or in perma groups. In any event I'm fairly certain i was the first lvl 50, and then I took a couple weeks off at like 63 and again close to 75 cause the grind is terrible and I had some days of 6hours + lfg.

I fondly remember our first Byakko kills and such with Aiame tanking and what have you. She may have turned out to be a loot whoring he, but he was good at the game and I never realyl had anything against him for making his own LS or hunting NM in whatever way suited him best.

You know I look back at each of my "memories" and while they are nostalgic enough not one of them is completely good, theres always some negative comment or whatever in there. I may just be a whiny bitch but its probably no wonder I quit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Rahahahaha I knew I remembered that ugly outfit yarr had on lol i dont know why that stuck in my memory, those were good times vivi; <3

lol I can't imagen what it must of been like to have aiame in CKD, that dude stole like. . .120 mil or some crazy ass shit from the monarchy sky bank, and then when it happened a few people in ckd were like " I told you so " lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:40 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Whisp wrote:
got it twice ;p

nice screenie vivi. it was fun! we shoulda given you a ckd pearl.
oh yea i just remembered you had a linkshell pearl on that day that was some mimic of ckd. cant remember was it like viperkaidojo or something else lol

Rofl, You can go through the board archives and find my old threads.

VKD was the shit.

We lasted like 3 months, everyone was lvl 45-60, and we did like 6 BCNMs before members started fighting and I broke it.

I can't even remember who all was in it, but I know Lildog was in it and he's the only one who I see that still plays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:38 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

i remember meeting viviti in the crawlers nest, in the secret room and he gave me a pearl to VKD, he was so enthusiastic. This was back when every camp was full.

edit: i think it was towards the end of those 3 months viviti was talking about, cause soon after, vkd died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:09 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

Yeah I actully remeber that now Viviti. I was on my Thf to see if that helped and dink around for fun. CKD was so serious about what job you were and were not allowed to play to things so I always took up oppertuity to change jobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:42 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™

Playing the Starstream to Yarr's Megatron was always fun times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:54 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Reinheld wrote:
Playing the Starstream to Yarr's Megatron was always fun times.

lol! yarrs a B***h!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

haha, I remember before I was booted from CKD, Yarr was being a douche bag so when someone in the guild yelled that the Yagudo King spawned I went straight there, put on one of my JP HNM pearls, and had some people join me. The leader of the LS was the best HNM hunter on the server at the time, and had every piece of godly 75nin and 75war tank gear, so I was happy he was going to bring his ninja and just GG tank for us. Then I get there and he's like "Koda tank" and I'm like "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU A 71 RDM?" So I ended up tanking this god damn boss for an hour while the RDM kept the pet asleep so its 2hour wouldn't kill us and I eventually ran out of Shihei. I asked Mikey for some help and he tossed me a few stacks happily, though people in CKD told him not to. That was the first HNM I tanked, and from there I constantly teamed up with JP to tank other kings and stuff, was pretty awesome. Too bad a few months into it it became all about the claim and not the actual fight.

Another lame time was when I camped Sozuroggbery or whatever for a month straight, only to quit the game after not getting the THF Knife after 23 claims and have Azn message me saying he got it without trying.

Last edited by Koda on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:01 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I think my best memory was doing CKDynamis runs and everyone joking around or trying to kill each other.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:38 pm 

Ha, Koda that bird boss fight with you tanking was epic to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:02 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I posted this in the private forums for SPQR. Someone posted a "gay" ffxi video.

Quote:
Kayne and I were way more gay than that lol. Allow me to show you the story of Kayne and Yarr.

Sure it started out innocent.

[spoiler]
Image[/spoiler]

Then it gets a little real
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

This might seem pretty gay right here.
[spoiler]
Image[/spoiler]

This is about as gay as it gets right here lol.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:04 am 
". . ."
". . ."

I have one of those!

Board index » Community » Community Discussion