It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: LCD HDTV
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:18 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I was browsing for a new TV today at Brandsmart without the intention of purchasing one untill i saw a very nice TV for a reasonable price and decided to ask some questions about it. I usually like to go online and look at some reviews to see what people have to say and do some research on it before i buy... I don't know much about TV's, even less when it comes to HDTV's so the guy explaned the various things the tv did and compared it with other TV's.

So i ended up getting the LG 47LG70 for $1698+tax. I still don't know if it was worth it (if i could have gotten something better for the money i payed for) but i'm pretty happy with it so far, i don't have HD channels yet but i wanna try a couple if comcast doesn't charge too much for them. Anyways i know some of you know a lot more then me about it and i'd like to ask if it was a good buy or not, i can still return it anyways if i can get something better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:26 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

dear god you spend alot of money in short periods of time lol, you should buy me a new monitor >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:54 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well my girlfriend and i moved into this apartment a few months ago and we didn't have any furniture or electronics at all aside from my computer and her laptop, everything else we had to buy. We've been getting things slowly while we save up for more expensive things, all we need now is a ottoman, a nice rug and some decorative paintings to be all done with the apartment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:34 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

I don't know but I might be a eletronic snob but anything no nameish I try to stay away from. I at least LG is good imo. I personaly think it goes Samsung>>>LG>>Sony>>
Toshiba ect. on the LCD Hd side. I like LCD much better b/c there is pretty much no glare on the screen ever unless there is direct sunlight on it. I have Samsung 40" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV** (LN40A550) And I love it! One of the best buys in my life. But HD Sat Recivers or HD TV is a MUST. I also got a PS3 with blu-ray and is awesome as well. Oh yeah you are going to want to get a Upconverter DvD player if your going to Hold off on Blu-ray. If you alreadfy have a Xbox360 just go and buy a HDDvD drive for it. I got mine for 50 bucks comes with a movie and will upconvert any Dvd you put in it. Thing about a HD TV I find is that it's quite the money pitt.. Like you wanna get the most out of it so you but HDMI cords and HD recivers blu -ray players then omg the Blu-ray movies lol But the gameing is dam nice. I can't see why you would want to return the one you have but you did pay more then I did for mine. I got a Star choice HD reciver 4 year warrenty plus TV for 2.6K Canadian. Last summer I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:18 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I have comcast right now but i wan't to switch to Direct TV so i can watch all the Patriots football games, i have 5year warranty too but i didn't get star choice. I payed a lot less then $2.6k though i think the total was about $2000 with the power surge protector and warranty. I do have an xbox 360 right now and i do plan on getting a ps3 (for blu-ray) but not for another couple months. I'm pretty happy with it though, 47inches looks a lot bigger in my living room then it did at the store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:43 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

http://www.avsforum.com is the greatest HD resource on the net. Also +1 for getting DirecTV. They have so many HD channels it's insane, and the DVR is the greatest thing ever. I'm at the point where I can't stand watching over the air broadcasts that are not in HD. Blu Ray movies (and HD DVD for that matter) are the shit. PS3 upconverts standard DVDs really well too. I watch more movies on my PS3 than I ever have on another console.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:48 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

My brother in law was just telling me he had no idea that LG was Lucky Goldstar. He thought that Goldstar went out of business years ago. Goldstar didnt go out of business, they just had a really bad public image (Probably from selling so much garbage hardware). They ended up merging with another company and renamed to LG.

At least I think thats how it went.

Although LG today is MUCH better than Goldstar ever was, I still avoid touching anything from them. Although I think Phillips makes their LCDs. Through some kind of partnership.

Dont quote me on any of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:02 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I see. I never knew Lucky Goldstar so i have no idea who they are anyways, from the little time i spent trying to figure out if this TV was good or not, i found out it's not bad at all from some consumer reviews.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:06 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

there haven't been any goldstar brand electronics around for like 15 years now. At least in north america. The brand still held its own in europe for a while till they became LG and fixed most of their issues.

Changing the brand name and fixing their general products to be more reliable made LG a better company in the longer run.

I don't fucking know why i bothered typing this out..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:27 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

Yarr wrote:
My brother in law.

when did you get married?

also, i have an lg phone and it sucks hard. it's broke as fuck and i can't replace it until oct when my contract is up.. so yay for lg and at&t. i know a phone hardly compares to a hdtv but electronics is electronics neh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:24 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Was eying an LG hdtv for awhile the other day, still need a flatscreen for my living room.

I've got 2 26" Samsungs now, and was considering just getting the 42" for the living room, but the LG 46" was a little bit less expensive.

Although I should probably go by the electronics golden rule: You get what you pay for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:50 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

Quote:
Although I should probably go by the electronics golden rule: You get what you pay for.

thats Excatly how i look at it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:59 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

my parents were looking at the 60" Pioneer Elite Kuro, it has the best picture of any tv and enhances the color by making the blacks darker and glossy. then they saw the price tag, back when we looked at it was 15,000 on sale for 7500. now its down to 5600. its not the biggest tv, but its the best ~_ob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 am 
Even Match
Even Match

turpid must be the new word around here.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Board index » Community » Community Discussion